5.0 out of 5 stars The Pollyanna Plan
The Pollyanna Plan is another one of Talli Rolands modern romances. Emma has led a boring but safe life, but when her job ends and she dumps her boyfriend, her friend Alice persuades her to look at life from the glass half full perspective, rather than her usual glass half empty.

If you have enjoyed one of Talli's other books, you will certainly enjoy this one...
Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by Joo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read
A fun book which has a nice feel good style to it. The characters were a little vague though and I felt as though it could have done with more detail. But still worth a read.
Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Lynda

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Once again she has not failed to make me smile., 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
I have been reading and reviewing the writing of this talented author since 2010, when she asked me to review her first novel, 'The Hating Game', Since the publication of her first novel Talli has embraced the importance of social media as a marketing tool for her novels as that is where she finds her target market. I am probably one of her older fans but The 'Pollyanna Plan' is the fifth one I have read and once again she has not failed to make me smile. A good enough reason in my opinion for me to continue to enjoy her writing!

What a safe but boring life Emma Beckett is leading, until suddenly she loses both her job and her fiancé in the same week. Suddenly she finds her world is spiralling out of her control and she has no idea of how she is ever going to cope again. Her best friend Alice, thinks that a happy life is just a matter of attitude, I have to agree that she is right, in many ways. So Alice's challenge to Emma to adopt a Pollyanna attitude to life for a year is a good one.
It was Emma that provided the most laughs for me in this story with her fastidious attention to the details in her life. This well constructed but easy read will I think make some readers realise that a positive attitude to life is certainly helped by trying to find the good in situations when ever you can. Take some risks, it might just change your life and make you happier!

As previously mentioned, I am probably somewhat older than her targeted market. If though you consider yourself young at heart, then like me you may well enjoy her writing. I find she writes well and that I enjoy her novels, sometimes it is good to try something different. I have come to rely on her novels to provide me with a laugh, my high ratings of her novels are worth it for this factor alone. So if you are looking for a light entertaining read I can recommend this novel and her others as this author has a delightful writing style and she creates some great characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pollyanna plan, 2 July 2014
D. Simmons (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
This was an OK read, typical girly book.. I liked it, the characters were realistic. I would recommend to anyone who wants an read with a happy ending!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good read, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
Average entertainment but good value for money and delivered well on time. I am sure a lot of people will enjoy this novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars You know what you're getting, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
You know what you're getting with this one. Classic "need to find meaning in my life outside of a successful but demanding job and no social life" kind of story, but genuinely likeable, the characters are well written, and I enjoyed every minute. There's not really any darkness to balance out the froth and lightness, but recommended for a happy read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pollyanna review, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
This was far too predictable and cheesy for me. I suppose the title should have warned me - but I kept hoping that it would improve and take an unexpected twist....it didn't. Not for me I'm afraid...I'll go back to being a cynic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a typical romance novel, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
An interesting romance novel exploring life and choices when all problems cannot be solved and a perfect happy ending is not possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sickly sweet predictable romance, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
There's not really much to say - girl's life falls apart, girl meets boy...but there's a glitch. Unimaginative plot, barely believable characters and a smattering of wishy washy sentiment. Basically speaking, if you believe you can behave like Emma does to prove her desire, you'll probably find yourself on the receiving end of an injunction.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely read, 27 May 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
A lovely heat warming read. Although I would have liked a longer book and followed what happened next? Ended abit abruptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 21 May 2014
Good easy going read. Typical chick lit with a colourful twist. Good life lessons in here as well I think.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 May 2014
Coco (Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
The write ups for this book were really good and it has all the ingredients for a great read but for me it didn't live up to the hype.

Emma is one of the most boring characters I've ever read. Even when she was following the Pollyanna plan and lightening up, she was dull. I understand bad things happen to everyone but she was just so blah!

Will is gorgeous and what he is dealing with is very hard. For me he is the only thing that made this book.

Sorry not one I'll be recommending.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›