5.0 out of 5 stars The Pollyanna Plan
The Pollyanna Plan is another one of Talli Rolands modern romances. Emma has led a boring but safe life, but when her job ends and she dumps her boyfriend, her friend Alice persuades her to look at life from the glass half full perspective, rather than her usual glass half empty.

Published on 2 Dec. 2012 by Joo

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read
A fun book which has a nice feel good style to it. The characters were a little vague though and I felt as though it could have done with more detail. But still worth a read.
Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by Lynda

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pollyanna Plan, 2 Dec. 2012

If you have enjoyed one of Talli's other books, you will certainly enjoy this one. If you haven't but you like the "chick-lit" genre, then this is an author you will love. Yes, you know what you are getting - a superbly well written story that will leave you feeling in a happy place. It was a pleasure to read, I devoured it as soon as I got my hands on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down. Really enjoyed it & gave me something to think about., 18 Jan. 2013
I wasn't familiar with Talli Roland until I spotted this book "free" in the Kindle lending library. Due to the high star rating I decided to give it a go.

I read it over a couple of evenings as I couldn't put it down. Although the main character, Emma, was a little stiff at first I soon warmed to her and was willing her on! I liked Alice, the best friend, and of course Will, the main male character.

This book is well written and moves at a nice quick pace. I like the message behind it and it certainly made me think about being more positive and taking a leap of faith a bit more often.

I'll definitely be trying Talli Roland's other books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a lot of recent chicklit I've read, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Paperback)
Well written tale though the use of question marks to emphasise often trivial points was irritating. The characters were fairly one dimensional but the writing flowed well enough to keep me interested. The one bit that jarred was - and here's a spoiler alert - the ending was totally implausible. To imagine that two people can put together a successful business plan complete with creating an entire new range of paints / making mock-up drawings / doing a photoshoot / producing a professional presentation in two days was absolutely and utterly laughable. And made worse by the idiotic statement "thank goodness for online shopping". You can hardly shop online one day and expect to have the goods immediately. OK sometimes you hit lucky but not plausible to allegedly source several items overnight. Get real Talli Roland. Overall a pleasant little read though

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply, this book is all warm and fuzzy with just the right amount of "will they, won't they" to keep you going right to t, 23 April 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
I was so excited to start reading this! The idea is so intriguing... Can a change of attitude really make THAT big of a difference in your life?

I would have to say yes! As Emma discovers, it can. Like Emma, I had been stuck in a rut not so long ago and it was only when I started thinking more positively that my problems seemed to shrink. Life isn't all peaches and cream, but it's so much better and more manageable now! And Emma learns to smile more and to grasp opportunities with both hands. If you give out positivity, you attract it back to you. It's as simple as that!

There is a great cast of characters in this book. Emma is adorable if not frustrating sometimes. Her best friend Alice is a doll. Will, well you've got to read it to find out more about Will. But, sigh, he's lovely! Meg is so, so cute! I just loved everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy read, 18 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful read, 2 Mar. 2013
Funny, heartfelt , sad, happy, misunderstood, delightful, full of laughter, emotional, hopeful, enriching, empowering and most of all LOVE the strongest feeling above all. This book covers it all a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive choice!, 25 Feb. 2013
Not read anything by this author before, and I wasn't really expecting much from it, but the story was good, and it was very easy reading. A feel good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Changed My Perspective On Life, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
Emma decides to change her way of thinking. She's going to be more positive. From now on her glass will be half full, not half empty. I willed her on, during the times when things seemed hopeless.
Reading this book made me change my own way of thinking. I decided to try 'The Pollyanna Plan' myself. As a result, I've been much more positive in my outlook, so well done Talli, on yet another fabulous plot.
I'm looking forward to the next book!

3.0 out of 5 stars but Emma found it so easy to become an overnight optimist that I was confounded ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
An easy-read evening's entertainment. I hoped for more character development around the Pollyanna principle, but Emma found it so easy to become an overnight optimist that I was confounded why she'd lived in misery so long. A competent romance, but sadly missing the potential literary depth inherent in the title.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for a story which is spoiled by too ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Pollyanna Plan (Kindle Edition)
Good idea for a story which is spoiled by too much telling when the author should be showing us the action, so it is boring to read.

The Pollyanna Plan