Format: Vinyl|Change

on 18 April 2014
I had the benefit of seeing them live just days after this album was released.

Without doubt this is one of the best albums I've heard this year; you need to stick with it and give it time but if you do the rewards are there.

The writing, the arrangements and also the instruments and treatments used just gel to create this warm, analogue sound that absolutely compliments the band so well.
on 20 March 2014
No where near as accomplished as the English riviera. One or two tracks stand out but far too much filler.
on 26 January 2015
good present
on 1 September 2014
Good listen!
on 19 November 2015
Excellent
on 31 March 2014
On first listening - you think hmm - good but it's no English Riviera... then on second and third listening (and seeing the band live) it hits you... THIS IS A BRILLIANT ALBUM. It is full of expertly crafted tunes, bonkers lyrics and mesmerizing beats. Joe, Anna, Oscar and Gbenga have done a brilliant job. Album of the year!
on 10 May 2014
I love this quirky CD. The lyrics and tunes are so good. I am playing it over and over in my car.
on 17 March 2014
I met the title song video on youtube and loved it, so I pre-ordered Love Letters, without any prior experience with Metronomy(so I do not have something to compare it with, as other viewers do);I did not regret it.This could be the soundtrack of my present days, and some of the near future.Memories of Sparks, electro-pop of the 80s, filtered through a personal perspective that results into something special that makes you happy while listening to it, and even makes you want to dance(with joy).I just hope that love will last!
on 11 March 2014
After the catchy and excellent English Riviera, I was really looking forward to this album. Sadly it just seems to be a collection of songs that weren't good enough for English Riviera. The songs seem to be slowed down instrumental versions with different lyrics.
The album seems dull and possibly rushed. Feels more like a "B-sides" album. A sad shame.
on 18 July 2014
I loved the title track so much I bought the album. Unfortunately the rest is fairly average electro.