5.0 out of 5 stars Exploding from your speakers
Published on 28 Jun. 2006 by D. Humphries

1.0 out of 5 stars Back-ordered
I've been waiting 2 MONTHS for mine to arrive, despite this page saying that it is "In stock". It was for my brother's birthday but now is ridiculously late.
Published on 17 Aug. 2007 by Mr. T. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Exploding from your speakers, 28 Jun. 2006
D. Humphries "dhumphd" (Sendai, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ships (Audio CD)
This is Danielson's best album to date. If you haven't heard the extended family before they are like Sufjan Stevens (a collaborator) without the sensitivity, or the Polyphonic Spree without the meaninglessness. This is joyous, celebratory music, rich with instrumentation, full of strange melodies, and with the extraordinary voice of Daniel Smith in contrast to the vocals of his sisters. 'Did I Step on your Trumpet' is my song of 2006 so far. This is easily accessible and if you have ever been tempted by Danielson this is the best place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Godsend...., 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ships (Audio CD)
If there was ever any doubts about the genius of Daniel Smith this CD quashes them. I first heard of Danielson about a year ago and have listened to nearly all of his/their albums. This is, for me, the best. A whole range of emotions and ideas are just bursting to get out.
Right from the first song "Ship The Majestic Suffix" the CD takes off never lets up until the last song, the outrageously joyful "Five Stars and Two Thumbs Up" is finished.
I have described this album to friends as sort of Psychedelic, Indie, Gospel music. They can be pretty funny as well. "Did I Step On Your Trumpet?" is a brilliant light hearted romp (the video for this song is very good too).
"Ships" is probably my favourite album at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Christian music, Jim, but not as we know it, 16 Oct. 2012
Mr. D. E. Thomason "Del" (Chelmsford, Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ships (Audio CD)
If your idea of Christian music is MOR, anodyne and unadveturous, then listen to this. They are so way out there that they are in the next galaxy. I think Danielson's music is like Marmite - you either love it or you hate it. I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Back-ordered, 17 Aug. 2007
Mr. T. Brown "mrtuk" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews

Ships
Ships by Danielson Famile (Audio CD - 2014)