5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, quality product
Arrived as promised within a day (one of the great things about sellers shipping through Amazon).

The Expert Shield came in easy to open optimal packaging, and had clear instructions (something that I have come to value and appreciate in a time when good English on instruction booklets is a becoming a bit of a rarity).

The pack has 2 pieces for the...
Published 23 months ago by meltan

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin for me (Nikon D800)
I have on occasion dropped my camera. The body has survived all falls. The screen has not. Replacing the screen is expensive, after the last time it happened, I started using protectors and I bought the "Expert Shield" to replace my previous protector that had saved the day and shattered, but left the underlying screen unharmed.

The "Expert...
Published 8 months ago by Sina Bahrami

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, quality product, 20 Aug. 2013

The pack has 2 pieces for the Nikon D7100 - one for the main LCD display and another smaller one that fits the Control Panel. The Expert Shield has 2 peel-off layers above and below the protector. Both are extremely easy to handle and I can say (as someone who inevitably ends up with a bunch of frustrating bubbles under the protector) that this one was really easy to apply. As long as you follow instructions and don't smear or touch the protector itself, you can peel off and re-apply till you are satisfied you have the perfect fit.

For the main display of the Nikon D7100 make sure to try and start just a millimetre off the the edge of the display so you get a perfectly centred protector.
The control panel protector fits edge to edge.

Most importantly the protectors are crystal clear and don't distort the display/viewer in anyway - doing justice to the beautiful new main display on the D7100.

Very happy with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars I chose Expert Shield because of good comments. it arrived promptly and was easy to ..., 3 Dec. 2014
MikeB (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
After reading reviews of all the screen protectors for the Nikon D7100, I chose Expert Shield because of good comments. it arrived promptly and was easy to fit. Unfortunately, although I fitted it with no bubbles or dust specks, there was a tiny spot on the edge where the adhesive didn't stick. I was happy to leave it but wrote to the company just to let them know. Amazingly, by return, an offer came to send a free replacement which I accepted. The replacement came within two days and, again, fitted easily with no bubbles, dust or even adhesive problems! I know they offered a no quibble guarantee but so do other companies who spend the next few months trying to avoid doing anything. The old shield was very good but this is perfect and I have waited a couple of weeks to see if it wears/marks.It still looks as new so I will recommend Expert Shield not only for a quality product but for splendid service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thin for me (Nikon D800), 11 Nov. 2014

The "Expert Shield" protector is thin, like the ones you get for cell phone covers. Except the D800 LCD is not a cellphone screen, there is no gorilla glass, the D800 LCD doesn't have touch screen capabilities and is a frail piece of glass, especially compared to the rest of the body which is made out of magnesium.

I should have paid closer attention to the image, which clearly shows how thin this product is, so the fault is with me, however, I will say, as someone who is less than careful with my D800, I placed an order for a more robust protector after installing this particular model, because I don't trust it.

In addition, putting it on was a bit of a mission, they say bubble free, I want to believe them, and it could be that you manage to put it on without any problems, but I did not. Bubbles galore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but be sure you really need it, 24 Sept. 2014
Thomas Cunliffe "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Expert Shield *Lifetime Guarantee* - THE Screen Protector for: Nikon D5300 / D5500 Crystal Clear (Electronics)
Like all screen protectors, it is impossible to say that there is no degredation in clarity or appearance from a camera screen in its original condition. It's a pay-off really - if safety and no risk of scratching is important to you then a screen protector is a good idea, if you really don't think you're likely to scratch the screen then the camera is better without one. Let's face it, camera manufacturers go to great lengths to provide you with a crystal clear screen in the toughest materials possible and it's a shame to degrade this wonderful clarity with a sheet of plastic however good it is.

Having said that, on the Nikon D5300 you have the option of folding the screen back flat on the rear of the camera so it is always exposed. Sometimes you may forget to fold it back so that it's facing in to the camera and you might shove it into its case, or bang it against a belt buckle and ruin it forever. So this is where a screen protector comes in and I have opted for one, knowing how easily accidents happen, especially to a large camera like a DSLR. If you only use the screen occasionally and keep it folded back most of the time it might not be worth buying a screen protector at all.

I think this screen protector is about as good as it gets. It's very precisely cut to the size of the D5300 screen, and it's about as easy to fit as these things can be. You have to be extremely careful putting it on, but you can re-adjust it a few times without damaging it. Despite every effort possible I have not been able to totally eliminate bubbles, but the remaining ones are very tiny and are in a place that doesn't matter. I like the way that if I get fed up with the screen protector I can easily remove it without damaging the screen - this is vitally important to me.

The protectors is thin enough to have no impact on the usability of the screen and the clarlty is excellent. On the whole, despite my reservations above it's a good product and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 6 Dec. 2014
I didn't like the supplied screen guard because I thought it reflected to much light, and decreased contrast. After looking at a few other options I decided on the Expert Shield.

Admittedly I had to trash my first attempt because I ended up peeling the whole shield back off, rather than just the protective cover. I didn't realise until I had put it down that I'd removed the lot. It had collected dust so I threw that one away.That wasn't too much of a problem because two are supplied. My next attempt went smoothly and the fitting was very good, with no obvious signs that a screen cover is there at all. It allows for much easier viewing in daylight with the increased contrast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Applied with no hassle and optical clarity is exceptional, 15 Feb. 2015
Went on with no hassle at all. No air bubbles whatsoever.
I did make sure that the screens were absolutely surgically clean first, with an alcohol lens wipe. I also waited 'till the family and dogs had all gone to bed so the minimum of dust was being wafted around.
It is well worth offering the protector up to the screen a few times, before peeling the backing off, to check exactly where the first edge will have to be, to ensure that you don't end up with the other end being off the edge of the screen.
Once fitted, it was extremely difficult to see that there was a screen protector there at all. The optical clarity really is that good.
I was so impressed that I ordered another one for my wife's Olympus Om-D E-M5, a couple of days later. She's happy too!
Both orders arrived promptly and it's refreshing to have a product from a company that seems to be going out of it's way to make sure that their customers are happy, judging by the responses of other purchasers.
I'll be buying some more of these for my other devices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive for very ordinary plastic protector, 5 Dec. 2014
Got several emails begging for a review before I'd received the item (annoying!) and in the hope this will stop them here are my views.

Upon opening it seems like any other plastic film that you get several of for a couple of pounds and I paid £7.95 for just one, this makes it very expensive for something I can't use. I tried really hard to follow the instructions but got three bubbles I couldn't shift. Tried to remove it with sticky tape as they suggested, no effect at all. Prised it up with my nails and used tape to dab where the bubbles had been in case it was dust, as they suggest. No difference and now four bubbles in different places that wouldn't shift.

I was suckered by the no bubbles guarantee and guaranteed to make you happy blurb. However, as it is Amazon supplied it is an easy return and refund process. Unless you are more skilled than me and / or luckier than me you too will end up with a useless piece of very ordinary plastic film costing much more than most.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects both Monitor and Control Panel, 1 Mar. 2015
Delighted with this product. Well packaged with clear instructions. The screen protectors are easy to apply without bubbles and then reposition if you're not accurate enough first time - so long as you haven't removed the outer film yet. Worth noting that when the Amazon product headline says "2pc" it actually means one screen protector each for the LCD monitor and control panel (so that's what "set" means) not one monitor protector and one spare. The vendor' has spent a lot of time crafting an amusing and witty product description and the promised warranty is great but a second photograph (see mine) and/or mention of the different sized protectors would have been even more helpful! Nevertheless, an excellent acquisition to protect your photographic investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 30 Aug. 2013
I got this for my new D7100 and although I found it a little fiddly to put small one on it does the job just fine. I did the small one first as this one is not so important to me and just as well. I have 2 bubbles in it, but that is my fault for removing it twice before getting the best fit. The big one has already proved its worth - after my first shooting session it was covered in nose smears! I don't normally do reviews but was asked to by the suppliers and am happy to oblige.

1.0 out of 5 stars i had to remove it and replace it with a better £1. 99 nintendo ds screen shield pack that ..., 20 Nov. 2014
overpriced bubble problems for a single screen shield and no shield for the lcd display on top, i had to remove it and replace it with a better £1.99 nintendo ds screen shield pack that came with three shields all of better quality. £7.95 for one cheap shield and i felt ripped off