4.0 out of 5 stars Learning to love it.
I have been waiting for a dual OS product since I saw info on the defunct Samsung Ativ Q. Originally wanted a new laptop and a new larger tablet ( I have a Samsung galaxy tab 7" )but this really does it for me. I am glad I didn't go for any tablet larger as this is about as big as is comfortable.
The tablet works fine and is surprisingly light . In landscape mode...
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Sluggish and frustrating experience
I ordered my Transformer Book Trio as soon as it was released, as I was intrigued by its combination of Windows 8 and Android, and being able to use it as a laptop, desktop and tablet. Whats not to like? Unfortunately, this product falls far short then I expected and I have had nothing but bad experiences with it.

Lets start with the pros, as I would be remiss...
Published 8 months ago by Chris Stokes

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning to love it., 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Asus TX201LA Transformer Trio 11.6-inch Touchscreen 3-In-1 Tablet/PC/Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5 4200U/Intel Atom Z2560 1.6GHz, 6GB RAM, 516GB Storage, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
The tablet works fine and is surprisingly light . In landscape mode it can be a challenge to reach all the touch screen whilst nestled in bed. I am starting to get used to the Asus flavour of Android.
It is nice to be able to use the keyboard on Android as well as the touch screen.
The Windows to Android switch worked well until I updated to 8.1.
DO NOT UPGRADE O 8.1 UNTIL ASUS SORT OUT THE DRIVER.
At the moment all works well until the machine gets turned off and then the switch facility does not work, just a blank screen.
THIS IS A KNOW PROBLEM AT THE MOMENT.
It took me most of the day to sort out the problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transformer Trio Review, 4 Dec. 2013
M. Bailey (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this from John Lewis rather than Amazon but I thought a review here might help.

Pros:

1. The obvious; you get two machines in one - a Windows 8 touchscreen laptop and an Android tablet.
2. It's well made and feels like a quality device.
3. Seems fast enough though could have done with an SSD option.
4. The integration between Windows and Android works well. You can see the Android microSD card in File Explorer and copy files to and from.
5. Switching between Windows and Android is seamless - just press a button on the keyboard and it swaps quickly.
6. The base unit is totally independent and can be plugged into a monitor etc allowing you to then use the tablet completely separately.
7. The Android tablet is fairly light given it's size.
8. The Android tablet has a microSD for expansion and supports USB OTG.
9. If you leave the tablet plugged into the base unit when in Android mode the keyboard and touchpad make it a surprisingly usable alternative to Windows for email, basic documents etc.

Cons:

1. It's pretty heavy for it's size. I don't find it a problem but some might. Whether it's heavier than a laptop and tablet carried together is debatable though.
2. The tablet isn't as fast as, say, the latest Nexus 7. Personally, it's fast enough for anything I want it do but if you're looking to play the latest games then check the specs.
3. If you're used to an iPad 4x3 screen, the tablet seems weirdly long and thin as it's 16x9. You get used to it though.
4. It does not appear to be upgradeable. There seems to be no access to the hard disk or memory.

Overall, this is a very good device and you do genuinely get the best of both worlds.

Few tips on using the Android tablet; it's large and high resolution so a lot of apps look ridiculous as they're really designed for phones. For email, I can recommend AquaMail as it allows you to reduce the font size down to something reasonable. For a calendar app, try aCalendar+ as, again, that allows you to reduce the font size (I can get 6 weeks on the screen at once with each day showing upto 6 appointments). Kingsoft Office works superbly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sluggish and frustrating experience, 17 Jun. 2014

Lets start with the pros, as I would be remiss if I didn't let you know what I liked about the machine. When it works, it is convenient to have Windows 8 and Android on the go. The touch screen is responsive and looks good (while its working, more on that later) and I personally like the tablets large size for watching movies and TV shows. The desktop does start up pretty quickly, in my opinion. And I can see, if you have a family, how it would be convenient to have your kids playing on the tablet, and you using the desktop (or vice-versa). However, most of these positive points are unrealized and let down by poor hardware and software options.

Now for the cons. Like I said, I feel like I have just had one bad experience after another with this product. It will probably be easiest to read if I bullet point each comment.

- Firstly, when you update to Windows 8.1, there is not a driver in place to turn the screen back on once it goes to sleep. This is a very common problem and if you do a Google search on the subject, many users are having this problem. Some people have been able to stop their computer from going to sleep, which in their case resolves the problem. However, no matter what I tried, this did not work for me and I had to restore it to factory settings so it would run Windows 8 again (where the screen works).

- Its just so damned slow! For a new piece of tech, I was expecting my Windows 8 experience to be zippy and quick. This is not the case. When you click an icon in the dash board, it takes a good few seconds to load up, I'd average about 5-10 seconds.I'm really not exaggerating. I believe it is because it has a HDD (as opposed to a SSD), so unless you are tech-savvy enough to put a SSD into it (which I believe most people probability are not), you are going to get a slow, sluggish experience. It's basically been enough to put me off using the Windows 8 dashboard and basically sticking to the traditional Windows 7-like interface.

- The tablet is OK. I would describe it as a middle of the road Android tablet. Be advised, it will not let you instal Flash player so if you want to stream live sports, you will not be able to. I find if you have too many programs open or too many tabs on a internet browser (I use Firefox), the tablet will struggle and freeze. You can't overload it.

- My tablet has stopped working. I went to use it about a week ago, and its not turning on. It won't charge when in laptop mode, and it won't charge when the tablet is plugged into the wall. I am currently waiting to hear back from Asus support about this issue. But as of right now, I can only use this 3-in-one machine as a desktop, which is not what it was designed for.

- There is a button that switches between Windows 8 mode and Android mode when using it as a laptop. This button often does work smoothly, but I can guarantee that it will also get confused and not switch from time to time, leading to the screen to freeze.

- This final complaint could well be my fault, however I can't think how I could have caused this problem (as I have not deleted anything or changed any settings) so I'm going to inform you about it as well. The touch pad will work for approx 30 seconds, then stops. It just does not respond to anything else I do, so I have to use a wireless mouse. Very frustrating.

This is actually my first review on Amazon, so that just demonstrates how frustrated and let down I feel with this product. I have had nothing but bad experiences, and I can honestly say it is the worst investment I have made. Please think twice about purchasing this product as I would hate for anyone else to have to find its shortcomings like I have.