5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought it twice!
Published 3 months ago by Richard Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal and good delivery
The deal and the supplier were great! Personally I wanted the Playstation 3 (replacing old Playstation 3) for the media system and for use of old games and that's all fine. Personally I feel the outer case and slide over opening are disappointing quality and this is inferior to old or new systems...still it's a great piece and does exactly what it says on the tin...
Published 19 days ago by MR G S SMITH

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought it twice!, 26 Dec 2013
Richard Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation 3 500GB Super Slim Console with Gran Turismo 6 Plus The Last of Us (PS3) (Console)
Having owned an original piano black 60gb ps3, I was not sure whether to upgrade to a ps4 this Xmas as my old ps3 broke about a year ago... Instead I decided to get this pack and buy all the EDGE magazines 10/10 reviewed games. ( cheap off eBay) it's was a great decision. For starters this console is so much quieter than the original which was like a harrier jump jet taking off! The last of us game is fantastic, and to be included for 200 is a bargain. My next eBay purchase will be a logitech gran trurismo steering wheel to use with GT 6. Of course I've bought rock band 3 with all the kit, dark souls, bayonetta, red dead redemption & super street fighter 4. All that for cheaper than a ps4. Once ps4 has a few edge 10 scores I will move across...until then I'm v happy with old school gaming :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain., 17 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This bundle has to be the best value for money in console history. The console itself is the 500GB Super Slim and comes bundled obviously with The Last Of Us and GT6 Anniversary Edition. All of that for 199.99 is an absolute bargain. Not to mention hundreds of incredible games from the last 7 years which are getting very cheap now and many more to come.

The games themselves are possibly 2 of the greatest PS3 games ever created. Just check reviews for either of them and you will see what i mean. One thing to note is that while you receive physical copies of both games, they are not for resale. They have no barcodes and "not for resale" on the boxes. This isn't an issue if you want to keep them, but you won't be able to trade them in.

There has been alot of criticism over the Super Slim design and build quality. While it doesn't feel quite as solid as the Slim or original, it is still well made and silent in operation. The only noises it makes, is when it reads discs, this can be quite loud, but nothing major and isn't constant. It is also very small and looks great. I haven't experienced any overheating issues or loud fan noise either, even during 6+ hour play sessions.

Not only is the PS3 an incredible gaming machine, it also offers a huge range of entertainment apps like Youtube and BBC iPlayer along with Netflix plus many more. It also plays Blu-ray's of course which look incredible and it upscales regular DVD's to HD resolution, making those look great too.

The only annoying thing is that Sony still doesn't include a HDMI cable which is necessary for the HD visuals everybody wants and buys this console for. They are very cheap though so its not too bad.

The PS3 is still worth your money, forget "next gen", the PS3 does everything the PS4 does and in some cases does more things. Sony has stated it will continue support and new games for years to come. With Blu-ray capabilities, entertainment apps and great games currently available and still to come, this is the best time to dive into the world of PS3.

If you're considering this bundle, just buy it. You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best time to grab one, 14 Jan 2014
I picked this up so I could play those Sony exclusive games that I had missed out on. One of which was included The Last Of Us. For the price when bought 199 it was a steal, a good entertainment centre to, able to watch Blu-Rays and the usual streaming services available. I would not say it's loud I can hear the drive access from time to time but it's a lot quiter than my old X360

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Bundle, 6 Feb 2014
Got this bundle at 199 from Amazon so was a great offer at the time. May have had second thoughts at 260, but knowing what I know now would still go for it. That said I have no problem with the machine or its capabilities. As a more mature Video game player :-) I was looking for something that would negate the problems with PC games demanding ever more powerfull video/graphics cards in order to play the game without lag or video frame rate problems. The PS3 seemed the obvious choice what with the recent release of the PS4 hopefully making the PS3 a more financially attractive proposition. The other thing that I wanted to avoid were the fees associated with Xbox online. The device is very small and compact. Disc loading mechanism is a bit dated, but don't let over critical comments about this small detail put you off. The two games that come in the package are top rated, so you will be quids in just considering the current prices of these alone. Back catalogue of games is exhaustive with new games on the horizon for 2014. Very pleased with the whole package and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great console!, 23 Jan 2014
Having only an Xbox 360 to compare this with, I could not resist this particular offer for only 199-00. Initial set-up was fairly easy and I applied my Sony PSN Plus account without any hassle. The graphics on GT 6 are amazing. Comparing it to Forza 4, they are just as good, but GT 6 has a lot more to play. Being able to race any time of the day is brill. Night racing around Brands Hatch is a joy. The PS3 itself is small. How the graphics compare to the PS4, I can`t say, but then GT 6 is not available for the PS4? However, I can highly recommend this machine, and this price package. The PS3 will still be supported for some time, and many new games will be both for the PS3 and PS4. The Last of Us has had rave reviews, but I`ve yet to play it. Five ***** stars for Amazon`s package deal and the PS3 itself, but one * star for carrier Hermes, who simply dumped the order outside my front door!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain, 2 Mar 2014
R. French "LANDOR" (UK) - See all my reviews
Got bored with the ps4 as ive played all the games I like on it, so until more games come out for it, I decided to get a ps3 so that I would have loads of games to play. Believe me there are loads.
Anyway, this bundle is superb value 199 for the new ps3 and 2 of the top rated games on the console, GT6 and The Last Of Us. 2 brilliant games.
Had looked around at other retailers sites and couldn't believe the price of this in comparison.
The console was extremely simple to get up and running although the user interface was a bit complicated for me initially.
As I already have a ps+ account, it was simple to add my gamertag to the new console.
There are plenty of free games on the ps3 when you have a ps+ account, which makes the console even better value.

So all in all I would recommend that any gamer should get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my Dad to say thank you!, 22 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought my Dad this for his birthday and to say thank you for things he's done for me.

In short he absolutely loves it!!

Very light and very very quiet compared to my 80GB fat ps3 from 2009 sounds like a plane taking off

Have no complaints with this whatsoever!! My dad loves it, always been impressed with the PS3 and this new slim is no exception

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 9 Jan 2014
I bought this for the bargain price of 199 and with 2 games included, It seems to have been one of the best deals around. I am a newcomer to PS3 and thought this would be good family entertainment during the Christmas break - it was a resounding success. Our PS3 has been thoroughly test driven and there is no doubt about the quality of this product. Packaging was excellent, delivery was spot on and, once I had acquired a HDMI cable, it was fully loaded and ready to go. I bought a Sony HDMI to be on the safe side and haven't been disappointed. In summary, I would highly recommend this product - just remember to get the cable if you don't have one already.

5.0 out of 5 stars get it if ya want it, 3 Jan 2014
well what can I say this is my first ps3 and I love it don't know what took me so long but see'in this bundle with 2 games made my mind up 2 great games gt6 wicked carn'rt stop playin it the last of us great graphics great game all I can say happy with what I bought recommend anyone thinking of getting one buy it all said......

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 2 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When my first ps3 got the yellow light of death a year ago, i was upset it was the 60gb version which had lasted 5 years i was uncertain of buying the super slim. Mainly because i had read about the noise levels and heat problems, but i can say i am glad that i bought this all be it a little late. The only noise you hear is the low whirring of the disc with occasional load noises when a new level is started. The console runs very cool i have it standing vertically and when i feel the base it is slightly warm to the touch. Now for the games i am not a racing fan but GT6 is a great game and you get the anniversary version which includes 1 million credits and other nice stuff (drivers suit etc), i have not played a lot of the game so far but from what i have seen i will be playing a lot more. The last of us was a bit disappointing it was the main reason i bought this bundle and after reading all the reviews and seeing the ocean of 10 stars i was left wanting, it is a good game but it is just that GOOD, i enjoyed my self but the story and ending did not grip me. The voice acting and character design is amazing, the graphics are amazing for the age of the ps3 but i really wish i had went into the game blind and did not read the reviews.

Overall i would recommend this bundle with the cost of the games and the console i think it is a enough of a bargain to justify me buying it at the end of it life cycle i have so much catching up to do.

ARRAY(0xb0223d80)