5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed
I love Olly Murs, he is so unspoilt by his success. Really enjoy listening to his music. This is the first of his albums I have bought and I was not disappointed.
Published 16 months ago by Linda Ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars loving olly
Very disappointed in the CD but the DVD was amazing, wish the songs on here were on the CD as I tend to listen to my music more while im driving.
Published 11 months ago by L. Clift

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 30 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER WIN FOR OLLY!!, 27 Dec. 2013
I purchased this from the US as I am a huge fan of Olly Murs thus special edition of the album was very nice! Absolutely love all the new songs and having the DVD along with it made us Murs Army very happy! Wish I could have been at the o2 and saw Olly up close but this helped make up for that :)

5.0 out of 5 stars For my mum, 28 Dec. 2013
Jade M. Colvin (UK) - See all my reviews
Xmas present, turned up in Gd time good price - and she loves it! Brand new - what i waslooking for. Great with the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my ten year old daughter., 31 Dec. 2013
Our daughter was really pleased with this birthday present and could not wait to play it and she was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present for my sister, 29 Dec. 2013
My sister was very impressed with her present, so much so we had Olly Murs on first thing on Christmas morning :/

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Right Place Right Time (Audio CD)
Only Murs at his best, I am only sorry I didn't order the special edition which has extra songs and a DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Dec. 2013
Great come on time and is was a great Xmas present my mum love olly murs and she was so happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 29 Dec. 2013
Great a must have cd got it for the wife this Xmas she loves him, but l like it as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not As Wrong As Expected, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Right Place Right Time (Audio CD)
In my mind, I had put Olly Murs into a basket labelled "Them From X-Factor" and had completely ignored his output since he finished second on the show in 2009. However, he has thrived since then, as second placed finishers of that show nearly always do better than the people who beat them. Suddenly I started hearing him everywhere; his single with Flo Rida "Troublemaker" was all over the radio and TV music channels; one of his earlier songs made it into my local theatre's pantomime and I discovered my girlfriend was a fan. None of this would have mattered all that much except that I found myself quite liking what he'd done and it turns out I wasn't alone, with both "Troublemaker" and this album, "Right Place, Right Time", hitting the top of the UK charts.

I think the comparisons drawn to the sound of Maroon 5 can also be extended to the album. A Maroon 5 album generally has a couple of really decent tracks and then the rest is filler. That's not quite the case here, as there are a few more tracks that just edge into the "good" category than on a normal Maroon 5 album. Essentially, however, what you get here are a few stand out tracks, a few more that aren't too bad and a few that are a waste of space.

However, for someone I derided as "X-Factor rubbish" without giving him a fair hearing, Olly Murs has done well here and given that I've allowed Maroon 5 to persuade me more than once, it seems only fair that I raid my girlfriend's collection for Olly's back catalogue. This will never be my favourite album and for 12 tracks and only just over 40 minutes of music, it's not something I would consider great value, but it's certainly not the worst album ever to end up in a bargain bin. If you're a Maroon 5 fan, this is well worth a look and if you're a fan of slightly generic pop music, this is certainly a decent example of that style.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Right Place Right Time (Audio CD)
The GF loves it. And of course if she likes it then I like it. Job done for me !