on 10 March 2014
This story sneakily pulled me in. It puts the reader into the mind of a confused elderly woman, suffering from some kind of dementia, and you start to realise that she does things and forgets, later returning to tasks only to think someone else has done them. It's insightful and heart-breaking, but it gets three stars because I didn't feel it had an ending. Instead of some resolution, the story just stops and although it circles back to imagery from the start, which parallels a child to a person suffering with dementia, I'm not sure that is enough to call it a conclusion.
on 16 December 2013
I liked the way the old lady was portrayed. It gave a very realistic insight into the mind of a person with dementia. From what I have observed of people with dementia - or even with old age or forgetfulness - it is just like the way they think, flitting from one topic to another and forgetting the chain of events which led them there.
on 1 December 2014
Loved this sad & funny story.