on 13 January 2014
I have read all the other books in the Euphemia Martins' series and have really enjoyed them. I appreciated that this was a short story when I bought it but, like the other reviewer, I didn't realise quite how short it would be. Also I found it a totally 'nothing' sort of story and wondered what the point of it was. I certainly would not recommend it and would go so far as to say that I thought it was a waste of money.
on 11 January 2014
I bought tis book expecting a good read, it turned out to be a short story and the ending was not an ending at all it was as if I had only read first chapter and there should have been further ones. The book made no sense at all
on 14 July 2014
To: Caroline Dunford:

I really wish Bertam and Euphemia could get married.
I've bought all your Euphemia Martins books, in the hope that I would see that happen.

I know that this book seemed a bit curtailed, but I still enjoyed it.

American writers seem to produce a lot more books in the same series of the mystery/romance type.

Personally, I think a series of three is fine; don't like endless series as it's just making you purchase more. But I would like a happy ending or just another book, PLEASE!
on 28 November 2014
A lovely short story with a Christmas theme, a house with a past, ghosts. Euphemia Martin is housekeeper to Bertram Stapleford at his new house in the Fens. He decides to host a large Christmas party this year which makes a lot of work for his staff who all believe the house to be fated.

Only 40 pages long therefore a lot is packed in to so few pages but it works.
on 26 March 2014
The book must be very heavily abridged as it barely makes sense .it seems at times to be continuation of something else .there are mistakes in the script,the proof reader must have gone to sleep .there was no mystery or, if there was ,I could not find it.I never want to read anything else by this author,nor do I want to be offered such trivia again.
on 11 April 2014
Euphemia is the heroine of the story. At the newly rebuilt house ,White Orchids, for a Christmas party thrown by her employer. Old stories start to be remembered. Suffice it to say this story has a happy ending and the promise of more to come.
on 18 February 2014
Good easy reading especially on my HUDL and very quick and easy to purchase, will definitely buy ebooks again from Amazon. Will read some more by Caroline dunford
on 4 July 2014
A very good short story, different from the previous books, no one was murdered, but entertaining nevertheless. Where will Euphemia go next.
on 8 April 2014
This was quite an interesting and different mystery. Kept me guessing and I thought the protagonist was a good character.
on 13 June 2014
Good
Ight read for trains and hotels etc... Carries her characters and I like period settings so this was fine.