5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - sweet, funny, angsty read :-)
I really enjoyed this second book in the My Favorite Mistake series.

Published 7 months ago by cheryl 27

3.0 out of 5 stars it was o.k
A pretty unshocking book. Not as good as Taylor and Hunter's story, loved their story. Could have been better in my opinion.
Published 5 months ago by Stacey

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - sweet, funny, angsty read :-), 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Sweetest Escape (New Adult Contemporary Romance) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this second book in the My Favorite Mistake series.

This second book this Jos’s story. Jos is the younger sister of Renee who featured in book 1. Nine months ago Jos was a different person, she was the perfect daughter, sister and student but something happened that changed Jos. Jos can’t help but blame herself for what happened but also refuses to open up to anyone about what happened to change her. Fed up with her new found attitude her parents send Jos to live Renee. Therefore Jos moves into Hunter and Taylor’s house along with the rest of the gang. As Jos beings to settle into her new home she makes new friends in terms on Hannah who quickly becomes her new BFF. She also meet Hunter’s friend Dusty. On meeting there is an instant attraction between the two of them, however Dusty has his own secret which he is also reluctant to share with anyone.

The more time Jos and Dusty spend together the stronger attraction grows. The chemistry between Jos and Dusty is electric and there is some great banter between the two of them. This is a very angsty read a bit like book 1. I found the story a little slow in the beginning but once it got to about 55% it really picked up and I didn’t want to put it down. The story follows the very similar format as book 1, however there was a great little twist, OMG moment around 75%. I found the second half of the book really frustrating just when you think Jos and Dusty are going to open up to each other something happens that stops the big secret reveal from happening. When they finally shared their secrets with each other it like they were quickly glossed over and I think the 10% felt a little rushed and when I had finished I couldn’t help but feel that I want more.

It was great to catch up with Taylor, Hunter and the rest of the gang. Hannah was also great as Jos’s BFF and really hope she gets her own book or story because it feels like there is lots more to explore of Hannah. However I would also be up for more Taylor and Hunter as well!

Overall this was a great sweet, funny, angsty read that is very well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 21 Mar 2014
When I came across this book I had no idea that it was linked with "My favourite mistake" and it wasn't until I had started reading the book and Taylor was mentioned that I realised.

When I had realised it was linked I immediately had high hopes for this book. I loved My favourite mistake so I was prepared to feel the same way. And that I did.

This book is absolutely amazing. I was hooked right from the very first page. Right from the beginning you know that something has happened to Jos that has hurt her greatly. You know something has happened that has changed her outlook on life.

With some clues and some guidance through the book, you know that the person who hurt her she still cares for deeply and they didn't hurt her on purpose.

It had me gripped right from the start to try and figure out what had happened. I fell in love with all the characters (new and old) and I was genuinely sad when the book finished.

What I loved about this book is that you get to catch up with all the characters in "MY favourite mistake" as you watch their story continue through the eyes of someone else.

Absolutely amazing!!