5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice keyboard which matches my expectations
Published 6 months ago by Sylwester

3.0 out of 5 stars what gaming key board
Recived keyboard and all ok with it BUT just because it is backlighting I think this shouldn't be advertise as a gaming keyboard because if you take away the lights its just a normal keyboard there's no other function it has
No macros no different coloured keys nothing
Published 1 month ago by martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice keyboard which matches my expectations, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Perixx PX-1100, Backlit Gaming Keyboard - USB - Red/Blue/Purple Illuminated Keys - Full Size Layout - Elegant Rubber Black Design - 20 Million Key-press Lifecycle - Brightness Control Wheel - 1.8 m Cable - Adjustable Palm rest - UK Layout (Electronics)
Item arrived 1 day before the estimated delivery which is perfect because I got a new mouse on the same day so I could try out both. One thing which I really need to mention is the non UK layout about which everyone seems to complain. Either it was not possible till now or people are not aware of this chose but I had picked it with uk layout and this is exactly what I received. But like I've written before I don't know how it was previously. Anyway the keyboard works fine all the functions as well. The keys sound is low (there is no annoying ! Click!). It has really good feel when I press the buttons (quite strong so I know what I'm doing). True it doesn't have macros but this is not extremely important for me, more important is how it's illuminated and I must say that I'm very happy. It has really nice colour which you can adjust (3 of them... Red one is the best bit that's just my taste). One The reviewers mentioned that too bad the caps lock, num lock etc. LEDs don't change with the whole illumination, well this is true and it would have been nice bit is it such a big problem to me? Not really and it won't change my decision about rating it 5 stars. Really recommend for its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard, 9 May 2013
I was a bit dubious about getting this keyboard as it was so cheap for a Illuminated keyboard. When it arrived I was amazed at how good the quality was! I would recommend this keyboard if you want a quality product at a very cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard at a very reasonable price, 1 Dec 2013
TotallydubbedHD (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was sent a review sample from Perixx to judge how it performs in comparison to some of my other keyboards I own.

This keyboard is absolutely excellent at its price point of 35 and more so isn't just good for gaming but also for daily usage.

Its build quality is something that really stands out at first, with functionalities that stick out in comparison to other (more expensive) keyboards:
-It has a knob to adjust the intensity of the lights
-It has media keys (Play, pause, skip, previous, stop, volume up & down and finally mute)
-It has 3 blue indicators for caps, num and scroll lock
-It has 2 forms of adjustment for the keyboard height
-It has an ADJUSTABLE palm rest, which is great for different sized hands
-It has a comfortable palm rest
-It has 3 colours for lighting (red, blue and pink) -> the purple looks very much like pink to me
-The spacebar is very wide and very comfortable to use
-It doesn't need any drivers or software to run it works right out the box with win7 and win 8.1

Due to some of its features, this keyboard is excellent, however the main point is the general feel there is to it when actually typing on it.
The feel is nice and soft, especially quiet and very much comfortable to type on.
I felt as if the keys were super silent and felt soft on touch - which was a nice feel, when compared to other membrane keyboards I've tried.

Overall, this keyboard is excellent - it provides a very comfortable typing experience and yet has features within it, that make it a highly suggested buy from myself.
I can't quite find another keyboard that will be remotely as good as this one at such a cheap price.
Great for gamers, especially during the night - but also excellent for media users like myself. I game, type and listen to a lot of music in front of my PC and this keyboard really hit the nail on the head.

I should also mention I reviewed the UK LAYOUT keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for an affordable price!, 4 Jan 2014
H.Larking (Teesside, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When playing your favourite PC games, you want to have an advantage over your opponents. Now all is well and good when playing during the day or when you have lights on, but it can be a real pain when playing in the dark. This is where illuminated keyboards come into play.

The PX-1100 Keyboard is an illuminated gaming keyboard from Perixx. This keyboard comes in two versions - one with the UK layout and one with the US layout. I have the UK layout version to review for you today.

The keyboard itself comes in a cardboard box packaging. The box shows you pretty much all of the information you need to know, ranging from features of the keyboard, to the operating systems that the keyboard functions on.

Once removing the keyboard from the box, I found myself instantly I pressed with the build quality. The keyboard is very sturdy and feels very solid to use and hold. Also included is an adjustable palm rest that helps make using the keyboard more comfortable, especially over long periods of time.

The keyboard connects to your PC using a USB plug. No additional drivers are required as the keyboard is simply a plug and play device. Once connected and the drivers are installed, you can get going straightaway.

The first thing I noticed was the clear backlight colouring of the keyboard. It starts up as blue and you can use the dedicated colour changer button to cycle through the colours. You have the choice of blue, red, and a pink/purple colour. Each colour illuminates all of the keys on the keyboard very well and allows the keys to be seen very clearly when the lighting in the room Is not overly bright. The sides of the keyboard have LEDs that match the colour scheme you choose as your backlight - you can never have too many snazzy lights!There is also a dimmer switch which allows you to set the keyboard brightness to a level that suits you. Finally, there is also an option to turn the backlight off - a great feature for gamers and/or users that would rather not have the light on. The only thing missing really is the green colour backlight and I only mention it because green is my favourite colour.

The keys on the PX-1100 are nicely spaced apart from each other. I have had problems in the past with keyboards having their keys too close together, resulting in regular typos while typing. I can honestly say that I have not encountered a single issue when typing with this keyboard. The keys are not the noisy type either. They have a nice soft touch to them when typing and are also very responsive - very helpful when both typing and gaming.

The top right corner of the keyboard houses the media buttons, as well as the colour changing button and the dimmer switch dial. You have buttons for play, pause, forward and rewind, and stop, and also the volume and mute buttons. The adjustable palm rest can be slid in and/or out to fit your needs and hand size. It is also completely remove able if you would rather not use it all - a nice feature for people like myself, who don't actually use the palm rests.

On the base of the keyboard you will find the standard height adjusters which, as usual, can be clipped out to increase the height at the back of the keyboard. Also included inside of these clips are slightly smaller height adjusters for those people who prefer just a slight elevation to their keyboards. There is also plenty of rubber grips on the base of the keyboard to stop it from moving about when in use.

I feel that I should note that there are not any dedicated gaming keys. For the price you are paying though, which is around 40.00 GBP on Amazon UK at time of posting, this is something that cannot really be complained about. The more money you pay, the more features you will get.

Overall, I am a very big fan of the PX-1100 keyboard. Considering the small price you are paying, you definitely get your moneys worth, and more. The high quality back lighting, the ability to change colour if you want to, and the ease of typing and use, this keyboard is great for gamers and casual users alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping people who are unsure about this keyboard, 3 May 2014
Deciding between gaming keyboards can be a tricky business if you are looking to spend a large amount of money. I can honestly tell you that for the price you pay for this keyboard there is none better on the market. Of course you can get some better quality ones but you would be looking at spending around 150 to 300 pounds. The feel as you type with the Perixx PX-100 is superb and the look is sleek and visually pleasing. Having had the keyboard for a couple of weeks now I wouldn't change it for any other. I have friends with high quality Razor keyboards worth 4 times as much and the differences are minute. For someone who is getting their first higher grade pc or someone looking to upgrade a standard keyboard to something a bit more serous this keyboard that I'm writing this review with is perfect and I cant recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than thought., 9 Feb 2014
I know it says U.K layout but in the picture shown the keys aren't in the correct place so it did make me wonder. Everything is perfect on it, all keys are in the normal places and it's extremely quiet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but with some very minor mistakes, 7 Oct 2013
Overall great keyboard, especially for the price. Has a good weight, very sturdy, the keys feel responsive, are also quiet, and the height of the keyboard can be adjusted three different ways, either flat, or at two different heights with the folding things at the back.

Minor mistakes are that the num/scroll/caps lock lights at the top only light up in blue, they don't change colour along with the other keys for some reason, and my keyboard came in the US layout and I wasn't given the option to choose. (Enter key is smaller, and some keys are in different places). Nothing big to complain about though.

This is probably better than the other backlit keyboards at this price though, unless you specifically want programmable macro keys at the side.

3.0 out of 5 stars what gaming key board, 13 Jun 2014
No macros no different coloured keys nothing
Really I think it should be advertise as a standard back lite keyboard because that is all that it is

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 July 2014
Nice keyboard. Bought it for my son who recently built his own gaming PC. He absolutely loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Jun 2014
Does what I wanted, love the colors and the feel of the keys
Its a great quality item and I haven't had a problem with it...