5.0 out of 5 stars At last a high capacity Siii (S3) battery
Published 4 months ago by rick bon

Published 3 months ago by Alan Barrington

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a high capacity Siii (S3) battery, 17 April 2014
rick bon "rick bon" (Farnborough Hants UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultra 3800mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 EB-L1G6LLU (Electronics)
I've only had it briefly, but it arrived half-charged and lasted longer than my standard Samsung Siii battery, a whole day and a night. So now I am finally charging it. I had gotten a bit desperate about having to charge the original battery overnight and again by 4pm, taking a booster charger with me sometimes. This looks as though it's going to overcome that. I am also boning up on how to identify battery-draining apps. Apparently the answer is not just to kill unused apps, but I am still learning about this: see the write up by the people who make the System Panel for Android (FX File Manager developer, for example).

I have read other people had less favourable reviews and experience of this battery so if neccesary I will see if I can add / edit this review later, but so far, so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this battery if you are after extended battery life, 9 May 2014
I bought this battery as I thought it would give me extended battery life as it is advertised as 3800mAh. The original Samsung battery is 2200 mAh so this should have given some 70% increase in battery life. However written on the battery it is labeled as 6.11 Wh whereas the original battery is labeled 7.99 Wh (Watt Hour) which gives a better indication of total battery capacity.

Using basic maths, 6.11 Wh gives a current of 1600mAh, so I did a real-world test from 100% charged battery. This battery lasted 21 hrs before battery capacity was at 7% in my Galaxy S3. The original 1.5 year old Samsung 2200 mAh gave 28 hrs before being at 7% using roughly the same usage including WiFi and an 1.5 hr Bluetooth on each test.

In short, do not buy this battery if you are after increased battery life, and I think it is misleading to advertise it as 3800mAh "high Capacity". Go for the Anker 4400mAh one instead which comes with a new back cover and does indeed double the battery life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse capacity than stock battery, 20 Jun 2014
I picked this up expecting a considerable boost to my battery life. I've since had to switch back to using the stock battery, as the capacity on this one is much worse. Calculations using the supplied wattage of the battery suggests that it is in fact only around 1600mAh, and not the 3800 advertised.
I feel cheated, and wish I hadn't wasted my money now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 27 April 2014
5 star because:

1) Arrived at the time specified.
2) Perfect with Samsung S3.
3) It is better than my previous battery (the original battery).

5.0 out of 5 stars Was dubious to buy this but pleasantly surprised!, 26 Mar 2014
After having tried another cheap replacement battery from a local shop, which turned out to be even worse than my original 2 year old samsung battery in my galaxy S3, I was dubious to by this product, but a colleague had bought a similar one for his galaxy s4 and was raving about it.

I have to say I was very impressed with this product. Being a power user, I use my galaxy for business and am constantly making calls and checking emails, using apps, etc. Where my original battery would be dead before the end of the business day, this battery was at 53%!! Very impressed and would seriously recommend to anybody who wants extended battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put new life into an old phone, 21 July 2014
Hugo Minney "hugie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
One of the big advantages of the non-apple phones is the ability to give an old phone a new lease of life by replacing the battery.
Batteries do get old (so do you, and so do I), and begin to hold less charge. With 24 month phone contracts, typically the battery is reaching the end of its useful life at around month 18. For apple users, this means looking for a socket to plug the phone in during the working day, which I know they treat as normal but i expect better.
This is a good replacement. It immediately gave me at least as much use from the phone as I'd had when the phone was new, and will keep me going until the next fancy gadget phone comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% better than samsungs, 8 Jun 2014
Had galaxy s3 for jst ova a yr. Was charging battery 2 to 4 times a day untill I got this replacement. Lasts all day no prob

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than OEM but not as good as claimed, 9 May 2014
Tim (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These are definitely better batteries than my old Samsung originals but I was expecting well over 24 hours use. Instead I'm now reduced to charging daily instead of every 12 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars fior the price and free p&p great bargin, 10 Aug 2014
Expected delivery was stated as 11-14 Aug 2014 and it arrived on 9th Aug. So happy with that
Battery had 50% charge on it gave it a first charge and I have to say it lasts better than the original battery
Left the phone overnight and in the morning the battery had gone down to 90% the old battery would be at 70%
Battery fits the phone, its not lose
For the price I paid, 6.80 I've no complaints

3.0 out of 5 stars It lasts but not the time I would liked to., 23 May 2014
It is okay for the price but it lasts only 15% than the original battery. It is a nice replacement.