4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this for the flaky pastry recipe if nothing else!, 29 May 2012
J. Simon "gluten free foodie" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is great for understanding how gluten free flours work - the authors have done all of the research so you don't have to! I mostly bought this (and part 1) for this reason - to understand which flours work in replacement of others due to similar characteristics e.g. protein content and to aid me with recipe creation. the recipe I was most keen to test was the flaky pastry recipe using sweet rice flour, which worked excellently and I have used as a pie crust and to make some sweet cheese pastries. There aren't really many other recipes in this or the other book which I am particularly keen to try, but the book has given me a good grounding in how non wheat flours can be used. I recommend this as a reference book more than anything.

You can easily get hold of the flours recommended in this book (and the part 1 book) online through Healthy Supplies and the Asian Cookshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars She absolutely loves it due to it apparently being so easy to follow and understand, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide Part 2 (Kindle Edition)
Got this for my friend, and have tried many of these recipes whilst at her house. She absolutely loves it due to it apparently being so easy to follow and understand. She had been searching high and low for a gluten-free baking guide that suited her well, and finally she has found it!!