5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Shortly put, it is a high quality product. Better materials than the S4 plastic £35 flip case and does the same auto on/off for the screen. Adds a few mm of thickness to the body, not the front.
Published 17 months ago by RR

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, nice product, but poor design
I really like the idea of this Motorola Moto G specific case. The case replaces the back battery compartment door of your Moto G phone, to provide a flip over cover for the screen. The flip door is held (lightly) in place by an integral magnet, which also allows the phones screen to wake up as the cover is opened.
Great idea, but in my opinion a less than adequate...
Published 16 months ago by Charlie9

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & Very Well Made, 6 Jan. 2015
This is actually the best case I have ever had the pleasure to use.
Forget the other comments about it interfering with anything on the phone, those comments are silly and it does not do any damage whatsoever to anything on the phone. My guess is they have a faulty phone or probably have dropped it at some point.
Yes the magnet is strong but keeps the lid shut and I do like the little cut-out for the ear piece and the little flashing led can be seen through the little cut-out.
I cannot say that the flap gets in the way of the camera because it doesn't and you just have to hold it properly, a bit silly that some of the reviewers have even mentioned that.

Clips onto the phone easily and adds hardly any bulk to the phone at all.
The flip lid has in fact 2 magnets. one is for the auto sleep and the other is to hold the lid closed. Maybe you have noticed the little square metal plate on the inside of the back cover flip shell, this is the metal plate that the magnet uses to keep the lid shut.
Like a laptop really when you shut the lid on a laptop it turns off the screen so if you run a magnet around the laptop palm rest it will at some point turn off the screen. The same principal applies to many phones these days.
Just do not listen to the bad comments here about the magnets,,, they are okay and do not interfere with anything.

I do like the idea of being able to open the flip lid to answer a call then shut it again and still use it to talk and not get all that grease and ear wax all over the ear piece and screen :-)
I also notice many reviewers have complained about these flip shells getting dirty???? Why? I think maybe they work in a coal mine or something or maybe they have no idea that there is such a thing as soap so as to keep your hands clean and not transfer dirt to the flip shell. Easy enough to keep clean with a small tooth brush and a little fairy liquid should you need to.

Overall it is a very well made brilliant flip shell and I would recommend to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flip door cover, 10 Feb. 2014
I thought at first it might have been a bit flimsy, but that is not the case. It clips securely onto the back of the phone and the front magnetised section folds flat against the screen switching off whatever you have going on in the process. Folded back, the front flat area actually makes the phone easier to hold and use so no problem there. (This probably depends on the size of your hands; mine are big.)
If you are using the main camera, then obviously you cant fold it back but have to hold it open. This where you have to develop some form of technique trying to hold the flap cover and the camera steady. It is not easy.
Perhaps if the flat cover had holes in it for the camera lense and the flash it would be better.
As protective covers go it is quite acceptable overall.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, nice product, but poor design, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Motorola Flip Door Case Cover for Moto G - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Great idea, but in my opinion a less than adequate design.
The cover affixed to the back by what appears to be a cloth impregnated plastic type material. It seems sturdy, but I would expect with frequent use that this could tear after a while.
The cover simply covers the screen only. Because of the design of the back cover, the side buttons of the phone remain exposed and the case doesn't provide any protection to the phone whatsoever, apart from the screen cover.
To be fair, in use, it's a nice idea and does offer some (minimal) protection to the phone, while not bulking up the case of the phone, however there are better cases that offer far superior protection for a similar price.
All in all, I am disappointed by this and consider it grossly over priced for the actual function that it does perform.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover, did just as I expected!, 23 Dec. 2013
This cover replaces the back of the phone, so there is no additional bulk and the the flip cover protects the screen with a handy magnetic fastening. Would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smart case!, 30 Mar. 2015
I was worried with all the reviews saying that the magnet causes problems with the compass but I have had no problems with the case at all. It feels well made with a textured outside and soft inside flap which covers the screen. You can still see the LED through the top of the case which is useful. The case makes my phone look really nice and I'd recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars We need to talk about the Motorola Flip Door Case Cover for Moto G, 26 Feb. 2014
I ordered this case after seeing all the positive reviews on here. At first I was not disappointed, although in retrospect choosing the white finish was foolish - it gets very dirty, very quickly. That is but a minor issue however with what followed.

For the most part the positive reviews are spot on. The case fits brilliantly, looks great, integrates seamlessly with the phone, is simple to apply, has a great textured finish which the otherwise brilliant Moto G lacks. All good.

Then the problems began.

About 4 days after applying the cover things slowly started going wrong. The first thing to go was my WIFI connectivity - every time I shut the cover the WIFI setting switched itself to off. I persevered, a quirk I thought.

Next to go was the keyboard - when trying to type in google or an address bar etc The keyboard would become unresponsive or I would type a couple of characters and then it would stop and shut down.

Next to go were various apps that would shut themselves down mid-use, for no apparent reason.

Then went the alerts for text messages, emails etc. Rather than come through naturally they would come through in bunches of 5 or 6 with huge delays. General responsiveness had slowed down considerably.

Finally a week or so ago all camera functionality completely shut down and just came up with an error message.

Begrudgingly I removed the cover, performed a factory reset and bought a crappy leather case from the local market for a tenner.

Since then my Moto G has performed perfectly and has returned to the Moto G I knew and loved, rather than the HAL 9000 impostor it had become.

I am no tech guy, so this is pure speculation on my part, but I imagine part of the problem is the SUPER MAGNET inside the case. Seriously, it sticks to my fridge like a leech! This works brilliantly to keep the flip door in place, but unfortunately seems to kill your phone as a functioning device.

Imagine putting your phone in the Large Hadron Collider (albeit on a slightly smaller scale), that is essentially what you are doing by applying this case to your phone. Is it any wonder that it turns it into a Sociopathic paper weight?

Motorola/Google - this is an official product that you have released to enhance your otherwise brilliant device. Did you test it at all? It reminds me of when Apple released iPhone 4, then realised you needed a fricking bumper to actually use it. Honestly the road testing policy seem to have taken a leaf out of The Grauniad's proof reading notebook...put it up there and then we'll check it when people complain!

A friend warned me when I said I was ordering this cover that they had seen similar problems on another review...I laughingly ignored her advice. Please don't do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection for my Moto G, 30 Jan. 2014
I love it. I feel my phone is protected and it fits like a glove. Feels good to the touch too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnet wipes train tickets and credit cards, 4 Jun. 2014
Design flaw. Otherwise would've been fine. Magnet is too strong. Cant keep it near your wallet. Some more words here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cover for the screen., 4 Oct. 2014
There's a limited choice of cases for the Moto G (at least there was at the time of my purchasing the phone, and I was looking for something that would protect the screen. So for the money I thought it was definitely worth while buying the flip door case from Motorola. It magnetically shuts itself to the phone which is a nice touch, and so far the phone still looks absolutely pristine (after owning it for 4 months now. I must admit that this case does get annoying when trying to use the camera as you have to hold the cover in place so that it doesn't obstruct the camera. As for further protection for the phone, it doesn't really offer anything. The back is similar to that of the stock back on the phone, so it won't offer any shock protection in the event of a drop. I also do wonder how well the hinge will fair of the long term, but for the price I would be more than willing to replace it with another... unless Spigen were to release a case for the phone, in which case that's what I'd purchase.