4.0 out of 5 stars Good, if brief, introduction to an alternate universe year, 20 May 2015
This review is from: Refuge Book 1 - Night of the Blood Sky (Kindle Edition)
Good, if brief, 109-page introduction to this book, which is marketed cut-up into 5 parts - the next four at $2.99 each for 124, 112, 99 and 114 pages (It is also available to buy as a complete book of 422 pages for $4.99) Despite my dislike of these marketing methods, I liked the book.

Interesting characters, good action and the pace picks up as the intro gets into gear. The plot is similar 1631/Ring of Fire - a small town gets dropped into places - but as the place are not historical, so there is more buckling of swash against monsters than intellectual what-ifs. Sad to lose a good key character in the intro, but it still an entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Refuge Book 1 - Night of the Blood Sky (Kindle Edition)
What a wild ride. I'm so pleased that I don't have to wait for the next instalment, I'm starting it as soon as I've written this. Once again the Jeremy's have introduced us to great characters and a great concept. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Refuge Book 1 - Night of the Blood Sky