5.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Hunger Games?
Published 7 months ago by Roberta Jayne

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed
Bought this as a christmas gift. Expected it to be in a normal plastic cd box but disappointed because it is just in a cardboard sleeve. Reminds me of free cds you use to get with magazines!!
Published 8 months ago by mrs tina j cryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than The Hunger Games?, 29 Nov 2013
In the last soundtrack, for The Hunger Games movie, we had Taylor Swift, The Civil Wars, Arcade Fire, Maroon 5, Birdy (and maybe some more unfamiliar names - but they still produced some awesome songs) BUT THIS TIME for Catching Fire the whole album is great - there is not one song I don't like listening to. I know people might get excited over Coldplay, Sia, Imagine Dragons, Ellie Goulding etc. but really it's the artists I hadn't heard of before that I like the most. The Weeknd and their song "Devil May Cry" is great and it lasts for over 5 minutes so YAY. And Mikky Ekko with "Place For Us" is really nice, I mean people who get the normal non-deluxe soundtrack don't get that song so that's a shame... BUT ENJOY IT. The whole movie is fantastic you know, the cast, the costumes, the new director Francis Lawrence, it's all wonderful and together it produces a movie that is even BETTER than The Hunger Games, no doubt. If you like this soundtrack and have seen the movie, take a look at the Original Motion Picture Score by James Newton Howard, it has some great songs that worked SO WELL in the movie, like "Katniss", "The Fog", and "Arena Crumbles".

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my son, 26 Feb 2014
My eleven year old son loved the film and adores this CD. In fact so do I.... OK some of the songs are only in the end credits but a great compilation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly strong collection, 17 Feb 2014
Paul Allaer (Cincinnati) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I saw "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" when it came out in the US in late November '13 (over 2 months ago), and only the other day did I stumble upon this 'soundtrack'. I decided to check it out.

"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (12 tracks; 48 min.) starts off with Coldplay's "Atlas" which we hear as the movie's end credits are rolling. "Atlas", a piano-driven slow-burner of sorts, is one of Coldplay's better tracks in the last 5 years, certainly better than anything on their "Mylo Xyloto" album. Of Monsters and Men's "Silhouettes" is actually in the same vein, with lots of restrained emotion. The National's "Lean" is yet another piano-driven tune, but I like it. I was 100% ready to dismiss Christina Aguilera's "We Remain", but it's actually a great pop tune (kinda reminds me of Katy Perry). The Weeknd's "Devil May Cry" is a nice ballad. Lorde covers Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" in a way that only the words remain recognizable. Nice, except that Gary Jules did the very same thing with Tears For Fears' "Mad World" more than a decade ago (and also for a movie, namely "Donnie Darko"). The Lumineers' "Gale Song" is a beautiful sparse tune. It is followed by THE highlight on here, namely Ellie Goulding's gorgeous "Mirror". Much has been made about Patti Smith's "Capitol Letter" so when I finally heard it, I was surprised how unmoved I was. On the other hand, it may very well be the only song on here that is specifically written with the film in mind. Santigold closes out the album with "Shooting Arrow At the Skies".

In all, I was pleasantly surprised with this album, and have been playing this quite a bit lately, even if the film has long left the theaters (and my mind). To be honest, I recall only Coldplay's song playing over the end credits, and while there may have been a few more songs featured in the movie, surely the majority of the songs on this 'soundtrack' was not. Which is perfectly OK. You don't need to have seen the film to enjoy this collection of mostly "indie music" (even if most of the artists surely are not indie artists). This collection is definitely worth checking out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunger games gan, 13 May 2014
Love this the songs are very compatible for the film, "just a game" is one of favourites but most ate really good .

5.0 out of 5 stars As great as the book, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (MP3 Download)
As brilliant as the film. This really captures the written word for me. Gritty, quality entertainment at its best! I am sure Susan Collins got to contribute to the production of this or the director was a big fan of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire indeed, 7 April 2014
LJM (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is excellent, although to be honest I prefer the music from the first CD to the Hunger Games. Good though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly awesome, 22 Jan 2014
I really like the songs they have chosen for catching fire, but I think songs from district 12 is the superior listing. I like the casing as its easier to throw in my car without fear of breakage, plus the images of the main tributes are quite arty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xx, 12 Feb 2014
sarah (herefordshire) - See all my reviews
Just the job for a 14 year old die hard J Law fan. My daughter was v pleased with her Christmas present

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 5 Feb 2014
Amazing music, very varied. Recommended. Love all the songs. The music goes really well with the film. Really well put together

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (MP3 Download)
I'm a fangirl of the Hunger Games at heart so I think this album is pretty awesome. Full of different music, some you can sing along to and ones you'll want to play on repeat. Definitely a good buy, no regrets.

"May the odds be forever in your favour.." - Effie Trinkett