4.0 out of 5 stars Magical
While Lily Allen's vocals are not exactly perfect, she really makes the song her own. It fits perfectly with the John Lewis theme. Haunting & magical.
Published 11 months ago by MRS GM HENSON

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a lovely song
It is a nice song and nice to see some nice Festive songs, just something I like to hear now and then and it did get a bit irritating all the time on the adverts.
Published 9 months ago by kallumsmart

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remake, 3 Dec 2013
SJ Farmilo (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
I'm not normally a big Lily Allen fan however I must say that this is a fantastic remake of what was already a great Keane song. Perfect for Christmas too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice gentle song, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
Love the record it's heart warming, gentle song to listen too when your driving, well worth getting weather download or cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, 2 Dec 2013
Mrs. J. E. Lee "Nanna Lee" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
After seeing the John Lewis advert I just had to get the music, my d-in-law loves it so will forward it to her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Am I sad, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
Am I sad I got this after hearing it on the John Lewis advert I like the original & downloaded this as well

5.0 out of 5 stars super smashing great, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
A really good cover song. Much enjoyed by my girlfriend who plays it all the time. Very relaxing song she says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Velvety And Superb Vocal Cover, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
"Somewhere Only We Know" by Lily Allen caught my attention due to my previous enjoyment and familiarity with "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. I like both versions, but admit that Lily Allen puts her unique and passionate spin on the song. She sings extremely well on this cover and gives a believable portrayal of singing it as if it may have been the story of her life in past experiences (whether or not this happened). The cover is available to listen to on youtube and is best for those who are familiar with Keane's rock version and/or enjoy smooth synth-pop ballads.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Lily Allen, 26 Nov 2013
S. Scaux (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
Nice song but it is sung by Lily Allen. If you are a fan the you will love it. If you are not a fan....

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Type Of Christmas Song, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
Many moons ago bands and singers just banged out a Christmas single because they came up with a good tune. So was born Slade, Wizard and many other absolute classics.

Then we started to get the 'routine' hit, like Cliff and others. Later we got the 'not actually a Christmas song but we did a Christmassy video and........' like Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Power of Love. Chuck in a few years of charity records and.........

.......then X Factor arrived and chewed up the whole essence of Christmas into a commercial time to sell a new artist, many of whom I doubt any of us can remember.

And now we have this. Yes, the tune from an advert, a store Christmas advert.

And perversely this song restores some of that old Christmas 'essence' we have been missing, despite being put together solely for a department store advert. Will it be number one at Christmas? Unlikely. But in years to come it will be a song we will all get out and play again, tied to a memory that we probably won't remember, but feel good about all the same.

I remember hearing The Fear ages before it was released and my attitude to Lily Allen changed on the spot. I HATED 'Smile' when it came out, but since then I think she is a genuine British talent, even if it is just on the side to Prof Green, Pink or as with this, covering someone else's song.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and simple, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
Lily Allen's cover of Keane's original is a beautifully sweet and simple version, but lacks the feeling and pathos of the original. It's different, as covers should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it ..., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Somewhere Only We Know (MP3 Download)
I Bought it after seeing the new advert for my wife, nice little tune but prefer the Keane original myself

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›