5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding ... what a voice!
Published 7 months ago by biggest Joni fan ever

3.0 out of 5 stars Bring back pure Rebecca
What a breath of fresh air Rebecca was when she first came on the scene. Now the money men have got in amongst the choice of tracks the pure voice that was has been swamped. great shame.
Published 5 months ago by Chris Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding ... what a voice!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I too have Rebecca's first album - which I just loved - so when her new one came out, I just had to buy it, and I am not disappointed. Her voice is just as strong and it grabs you from the first track. The third track on the album ''Bridges'' with John Legend is possibly her next single as it is very strong material. I love ''Freedom'' and also ''Fake Smile'' but I could go on because I love every track on the album! What more can I say? Buy the album - you'll be very pleased you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Velvet Chocolate, 4 Dec 2013
Barbara Fossella (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom (Audio CD)
Freedom arrived today after pre-ordering and waiting with great anticipation. I could listen to Rebecca all day long and never tire of her velvety chocolate voice. If you were to put sound into taste that is what would come up - velvet chocolate. Smooth and soulful.

Some of the tracks I thought I noticed a little "Buffy Saint Marie" kind of background - slightly American Indian twang.

A beautiful album to add to one's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tour de force, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I received my signed copy this morning (thank you Rebecca!) and I'm not one to put albums on repeat but the whole album has been on repeat at least 6 times today, no songs skipped. Some people have said that some of the songs are "samey" but I cannot point out a single filler on this album.

Personally for me as a listener it's important for me to like the singer and what they represent, and ever since her X Factor days it has been such a pleasure to see this shy, unassuming young woman staring at the floor to blossom into the lady she is today. This album ties in so well with her last album and grows from it, translating to so many women predicaments and feelings we know all too well from our relationships, our love, our resilience and above all our capacity to forgive ('I Hope'). In one of her interviews Rebecca said this album was about her growing into a woman, and while I listened to the album there was definitely a stronger woman, but it wasn't until the end that her title track Freedom connected all the threads together with its bittersweet victory, 'Freedom'. Not only did this make me cry every time I listened to it, but it just reflects what a rounded, polished work this is. I always wished for a song that reflected her vulnerability through her voice, not just her lyrics, and the effect in this song is incredibly potent.

Every song but one has been painstakingly written by Rebecca, bringing up difficult emotions and sharing it to her audience with transparent vulnerability. I know this will resound in other people like it has in me and that others will relate and empathise just as I have. I hope that this will continue to help her grow in confidence and self-belief, because she doesn't realise how inspiring she is. This is the genuine, grounded voice of experience that is missing in a lot of contrived music today. Thank you Rebecca.

Aurelie

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Wow Wow!!!!, 29 Nov 2013
J. Edwards (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I Hope was the taster for new things to come following the brilliant Heaven debut and Bridges takes Heaven up several notches, Wonderful World has one of those choruses that will be used for numerous TV soundtracks (Brazil 2014 comes to mind), We'll Be Fine demonstrates Rebecca's song writing and composing brilliance (even if she has a team helping). The album closes with the title track Freedom which is Rebecca's challenge at being possibly the current day best female vocalists in the world. Although of a completely different musical genre, this album reminds me of the sort of songs and musical genius that superstars such as U2 produce but this is only Rebecca's second album. If the people behind X-factor need just one argument to silence critics of Xfactor then Rebecca Ferguson is it. Amazing unique talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars How did she do that?, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
O.K. On the first listen all the way through I didn't like it. And then I listened again and again. Now I know what she's singing about. I take it she put her negative feelings into her first album and this one is a lot happier. I was looking for another tear jerking ballad like Strange and Beautiful or Shoulder to Shoulder.

What I got instead was dance tunes like All That I've got, We'll Be Fine and I Hope, mid tempo tunes like Beautiful Design and My Freedom. And then there's Fake Smile. How did she do that? Absolute perfection again. Hang on there's Bridges as well.

What this album does is get under your skin and it doesn't let you go. Jeez, this woman is a musical magician... How does she DO that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great production, songwriting and vocals, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
After the superb Heaven, it must have been hard for Rebecca and her team to come up with a follow-up, but this new record is simply amazing. One of the best releases of 2013! The production is crisp, the songs are diverse and Rebecca's vocals soar. A must-buy album

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
There is nothing I do not like about this - its my album of the year. Odd but I really like the bonus track - rollin but all the others are brilliant as well! Buy it (really).

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca Does It Again, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (MP3 Download)
Rebecca Ferguson's new album Freedom is on fire. It is absolutely awesome. If you loved her 1st album then I highly recommend Freedom :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars ASTOUNDING AND WELL DEVELOPED SOUND & ARTISTRY, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (MP3 Download)
I'm new to Rebecca Ferguson, I sort of knew shw was an X Factor contestant and had heard earlier stuff on the radio but never had muc interest. I saw her performing "I Hope" on TV and thought it was incredible, well worth a download but when I listened to the previews of the rest of the album I decided to buy the whole lot. "Bridges" is a duet with John Legend and is really amazing - fantastic orchestration and beautifully written. The album has a good mix of upbeat and uplifting dance tracks and mellow ballads and there are only a couple of weaker tracks. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Freedom (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I have always loved rebecca ferguson and this album is has all the reasons why I do. Every song is brilliant and heart touching. Her tone is perfectly suited to a nice relaxing evening with a book.
Perfect gift for you or someone special. I highly recommend this soulful album to anyone.

Freedom