Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

Although I normally prefer a bit of originality in Christmas albums, I occasionally buy Christmas albums filled entirely with familiar songs, when I feel they are likely to be good enough anyway. Such is the case here. The carols presented here all focus on the religious aspects of Christmas, leaving the snow, trees and Santa for others - or maybe for another album if they stick around long enough to be allowed to record a second Christmas album.

All the carols here will be very familiar to British ears and most of them will be very familiar to American ears, though two of them (Once in Royal David's city, I saw three ships) are quite rare on mainstream American Christmas albums (but I have American versions of both songs), so I think those two are not so popular in the USA as in the UK.

Richard and Adam sing Adeste Fideles in its original language rather than as O Come, All Ye Faithful, the English translation. With such a familiar tune, most people could sing along in English anyway if that's what they want to do. I sometimes buy foreign language albums just to hear familiar songs a little differently, so I'm quite happy that Richard and Adam recorded Adeste Fideles this way.

This is a superb album that I love despite the somewhat predictable choice of carols. If you actually want a selection of obvious songs, you might think even more of it than I do.
on 5 December 2013
I buy an album every year to celebrate Christmas. This album is without doubt one of the best "value for money" album's I have bought. The singing is beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Full volume please. Each Carol is arranged beautifully. If your are not moved, you must be a piece of wood! This album will not disappoint you at all. Thank you Richard and Adam.
on 11 December 2013
I loved this Christmas Carol CD. It is nice to listen to carols as they are meant to be sung. I particularly liked the singing of "O Come all ye Faithful" in Latin - a lovely change.
I will be playing this many times up to Christmas and will definitely be brought out again next year - superb!
on 20 December 2013
...but I wish they ditched the 'grand big orchestra' sound and stuck with a more acoustic version.

I love their voices and the delightful selection of traditional carols! Well done guys!

I do however disagree with the arrangements ( same as the Impossible Dream album). I think Ricard and Adam are losing that spark and that bit of originality and fresh sound that seem to have won everyone's hearts.

Whoever decided on making them sound like the rest of classical performers is making a mistake. To my mind they fail to sound like pro classical singers with years and years of classical singing training. Frankly if I want that sort of sound I will but Jose Carreras, Sesto Bruscantini, Pavarotti and Co.

What I am looking for ( and I believe a lot of fans do too) is that very clean and unaffected sound they gave everyone on their first audition.

IMHO they are not made to sound more professional and grand, but rather much less original, less simple and sincere.

I am keeping fingers crossed for the next album which hopefully will have less back vocals and less loud sound of music that makes their voices drown rather than stand out.
on 8 December 2013
I love these lads ...this CD is wonderful....highly recommend ...I am fussy when listening to Christmas CDs This is so lovely ....it helps that they appear to be lovely genuine lads...and this cd reflects their talent and sincerity.
on 4 March 2014
The outstanding diction of these two brothers is more than glorious. Many singers do not finish their words properly, nor give expression to them. These two are absolutely fantastic. Only on a pension so can not afford to go and see them but I would take a guess that it would be a night to remember.
Margaret
on 18 January 2014
A beautiful album, with beautiful songs, sung by two brothers with beautiful voices. Sit down put it on and just enjoy the sheer talent of these boys. Absolutely fantastic. I wish them all the success and happiness in the world they are ab fab.
on 13 February 2014
These young men are so talented.
It is wonderful their talent has been recognised.
Their Grandma such an encouragement to them!
I hope they continue to do well, and their voice training goes on being successful.
on 26 December 2013
Having read the reviews prior to purchasing I was 50/50 on whether to buy this. Quite frankly having listened to all of the tracks a few times during our extended Xmas lunch I really am at a loss as to what some people expect. It's a CHRISTMAS ALBUM!! We really loved the selection of tracks and it is definitely very Christmassy. Richard and Adam do 150% justice to all of the carols. As for one reviewer banging on about the orchestra in the background we really do not get where that person was coming from. It all works 100% and the guy's voices are totally complimented by the lovely strings etc. in the background. On reflection what other type of instruments should have accompanied these classic Xmas carols? Please, take no notice of the negative nelly reviewers as nothing would please these types of people. If you haven't bought this for 2013 Xmas be sure to buy it now in readiness for 2014. Richard and Adam will definitely be played each and every Christmas in our house - they'll become part of our festivities. Well done lads and well may your success continue.
on 9 December 2013
met the boys on a cruise ship great personalities with great voices to match.will buy every cds that they produce