5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Christmas classics impeccably performed
Published 11 months ago by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Richard & Adam
It is OK I think we both expected something more from these wonderful singers,again the cost and delivery was very good. Thanks
Published 11 months ago by macjud

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Christmas classics impeccably performed, 2 Dec 2013
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
Although I normally prefer a bit of originality in Christmas albums, I occasionally buy Christmas albums filled entirely with familiar songs, when I feel they are likely to be good enough anyway. Such is the case here. The carols presented here all focus on the religious aspects of Christmas, leaving the snow, trees and Santa for others - or maybe for another album if they stick around long enough to be allowed to record a second Christmas album.

All the carols here will be very familiar to British ears and most of them will be very familiar to American ears, though two of them (Once in Royal David's city, I saw three ships) are quite rare on mainstream American Christmas albums (but I have American versions of both songs), so I think those two are not so popular in the USA as in the UK.

Richard and Adam sing Adeste Fideles in its original language rather than as O Come, All Ye Faithful, the English translation. With such a familiar tune, most people could sing along in English anyway if that's what they want to do. I sometimes buy foreign language albums just to hear familiar songs a little differently, so I'm quite happy that Richard and Adam recorded Adeste Fideles this way.

This is a superb album that I love despite the somewhat predictable choice of carols. If you actually want a selection of obvious songs, you might think even more of it than I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard and Adam - The Christmas Album, 5 Dec 2013
David McMullin (Devizes, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I buy an album every year to celebrate Christmas. This album is without doubt one of the best "value for money" album's I have bought. The singing is beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Full volume please. Each Carol is arranged beautifully. If your are not moved, you must be a piece of wood! This album will not disappoint you at all. Thank you Richard and Adam.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely traditional christmas carol CD, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I loved this Christmas Carol CD. It is nice to listen to carols as they are meant to be sung. I particularly liked the singing of "O Come all ye Faithful" in Latin - a lovely change.
I will be playing this many times up to Christmas and will definitely be brought out again next year - superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
met the boys on a cruise ship great personalities with great voices to match.will buy every cds that they produce

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I love these lads ...this CD is wonderful....highly recommend ...I am fussy when listening to Christmas CDs This is so lovely ....it helps that they appear to be lovely genuine lads...and this cd reflects their talent and sincerity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now my favorite Christmas album, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
The glorious voices of these two young men bring joy to the Christmas season. Simply superb and I highly recommend this album to anyone that appreciates wonderful singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic in the making, 18 Dec 2013
Madeleine A. Shaw (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
This surely will be one of the all time classics of the future. Yes predicable, but carols are predicable. Beautifully sung without the baubles and tinsel. I love it. Thank you Richard and Adam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy Your Christmas this much more, 13 May 2014
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I think that Richard and Adam have wonderful voices and talent. I enjoy listening to them. I find them inspirational and I sing too and love to emulate their voices as close as I am able. I have already told many here in the USA about them and in Canada too. I have sent notes on their website and I have found everything connected to them and it very positive and enjoyable. John Delaney, Pasadena, California, USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 2 Dec 2013
demilo (birmingham, west midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
Received my Album this morning,love it ,such beautiful voices,this is probably the best Christmas CD i have ever heard,congratulations Richard and Adam another Album to be proud of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Album (Audio CD)
Great voices puts you in the festive mood,traditional Carols , can't help but fall in love with the music of these two guys

The Christmas Album