on 3 January 2014
I have read many books but have not read a book in a day for a long time I just couldn't put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a really good creepy book.
on 31 December 2013
Kept me wanting to read the next page throughout! Will definitely read more books by the same author in future!
on 31 January 2014
I read lots of horror, ghost and occult stories. This book is by far the scariest in a long time. It takes a lot for me to consider not carrying on with a book, but I did with this.
If you are a fan of the horror genera then this book is for you.
on 15 August 2014
Don't know where the bad reviews came from , I loved this book from the first page . I love horror and this book is up there with the best of them , definitely recommended
on 29 March 2014
Very good horror story keep u wanting to read it and see if he saves them would say if u like horror to read this one
on 15 November 2013
I read this book in one session - couldn't put it down! It had just the right level of tension and intrigue to keep me turning that pages till the very end. The author did a great job in creating a really scary central character, and an effective, well paced plot, with evil twists and turns. Definitely recommended reading for anyone who enjoys horror and occult books.
on 15 November 2013
This tale is a fusion of the paranormal and horror with just a touch of noir which is expertly done. I love the originality of the story, a refreshing approach to this genre. This brings about a most compelling read drawing the reader into the story, leaving a sense helplessness watching the horror unfold, unable to intercede or save this poor family.

The tale opens with Steve and Lauren along with their two kids, Chase and Lucy going on a holiday to the old family cabin. Starts off innocently enough but Lauren begins to slip into "darkness" From there is just spirals out of control into a horrific series of events that will leave you glued to the kindle with abated breath.

Compounding the story is the relationship between Steve and Lauren. Seems Steve has to walk on eggshells when talking to Lauren. This couple, this relationship was in trouble before ever getting to the cabin. Just this one element helps drive the story. It's like the 800 pound gorilla in the living room that no one wants to acknowledge. Except this beast is out for blood.

Very impressive in how Caroline Gebbie weaves fear into this tale by layering the characters with depth and raw emotion. She brings the reader to the edge time and time again like waves crashing on the shore.

Overall, an engaging, entertaining read that is impressive with a subtle style that adds a degree of suspense that will haunt you long after you have read it. I give this book 5 stars!

(By the way, the quote, "Evil lasts, Evil stains, Evil is Eternal" which opens the story, I found it to be very appropriate for what awaits the reader)
on 14 November 2013
I'm not easily freaked out but I couldn't read this at night, just couldn't do it.

Right from the beginning it has a creepy undertone that pervades the whole book. It made me question every apparently motiveless action and left me too on edge, too anxious to read in a half-lit room.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in the bright light of day. Caroline really got me to connect with the different members of the family, so when events occurred (and they certainly occurred!) I felt the action from a number of different angles.

Really enjoyed this book, if you're an occult horror fan this one's a bit of a no-brainer.
on 23 February 2014
Not a bad story it was quite predictable and the ending read as if the ideas were getting harder to find. Would I recomend this book? Yes I would as it was an easy read.................
on 11 February 2015
Couldn't stop reading this, fantastic reading, anyone who likes these sorts of books will really enjoy it, fantastic reading must be read 😊.