on 24 May 2014
This is a handy pocket sized tough phone allowing dual sim use and smart phone apps access in areas where waterproofing is required.
EcomIT would award this 5 stars and use for our mobile business customers if the internal memory was higher, with faster processing and if the rubber water seals on all sockets were more durable.
Rubber seal on earphones came apart after 2 weeks despite careful usage. Replacements are not available. This would of then lead to water access into the phone in wet environments.
Our customers require up to date and super fast processing and memory with reliable build durability.
Hopefully this unit can be updated soon.
EcomIT 2014
on 31 August 2014
Really not impressed. I bought this phone for my boyfriend for Xmas and 8 months later, I'm going to have to buy a new phone but it won't be this one. Alright it is cheap for a rugged phone compared to JCB & other known names. As they say cheap things turn out expensive, with this phone it is very true.

The main problem is you can't get spare parts for it. The screen has cracked but no replacement but we can still use it although now it isn't water and dust proof. The battery is not holding it's charge now and again no replacement.

Also it is a bit difficult to get Wifi on it, it takes alot of patience for it to connect the 1st time but when it does it works great and never loses connection. It blocked at one point and won't update the apps, so I reset it to factory settings and it took me 2 weeks to get it to connect to the wifi again via help of a forum on the internet after I visited about 20. I had no help from the company (Prepaymania) i bought it off and even at the vodafone shop, they just said a dual sim phone can't connect to Wifi. WRONG!!!!!! Fonerange don't even have they own web page.

Would not recommend.
on 7 May 2014
This is a well built phone ,but until you become familiar with its use its a difficult phone to use.Navigation around the menus is not user friendly and the algorithms often do not follow a simple to use flow chart.The manual is pretty useless and its up to the user to find out how to do things on it.You get there in the end with a lot of experimentation and playing about. Its got a good speaker,and its not a flimsy "girly phone".

Its now 2 or 3 months old with heavy use, and it started going wrong; but that was the SIM cards fault and not the phones.:-):-).

Colin Pomeroy
on 9 May 2014
For the money I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this phone. Ideal for having home and foreign simcards together, as I am frequently traveling. Also using it for bike rides as it'll take 16Gb card and i can record all my rides and am able to ride in the rain also. Altogether ideal.
Update: After using the phone for a year I have to remove one star as it is let down by the very low memory, which should be at least 1-2 Gigabytes.
on 16 June 2014
As a landscape gardener my phones get full of soil an water is always a problem! so a great idea, IP67 though fairly basic I am told
Most cheaper phones if you are slightly hard of hearing just offer a higher volume this one the speaker is clearer so I can hear better without everyone around hearing the conversation.
Whish I had found the phone before.....
on 26 April 2014
Good idea marred by small memory, and an ageing cut-down version of Android 4.0.4 - desperately in need of an updated version of Android 4.3/4.4? Good strong case, clear screen, decent battery life. With a better version of the OS, more memory, and with the Dual SIM functionality it would be the only phone a tradesman/commercial driver would ever need.
on 11 June 2014
Its android 4.04

It just works with minimal fuss

I haven't tried to get it wet yet but by the look of the seals etc it won't be a problem. Already dropped it, bounces no harm done.

Make sure you get a microSD card when you order it otherwise you won't be able to install many apps or take photo's
on 8 January 2014
I bought one of these to see what they were like as my son was pestering me for a new phone, and being a teenager he is likely to drop it in puddles, mud etc

The phone itself has a great screen, clear and bright, and comes with a factory fitted clear screen protector. The case is screwed together, and the back has a watertight gasket so using it in the rain should not be a problem. The on-off button on the top is easy to find - even in the dark.

Mostly I was impressed by the clear audio quality, it was able to play MP3's at a clear and audible level whilst driving. The settings when on outdoor, mean that I can hear it ringing, so I wont be missing all the calls. The built in OS is android 4.0.4 - which was current when the phone was released nearly a year ago, and you will need an 8Gbyte micro SD to go with it - the metal cover on the retainer hinges out to fit it - as there is only 512Mbytes of system memory.

Generally the performance is good, and the dual sim is a great bonus.

I bought another straight away.
on 20 October 2014
I'm delighted with the phone which is a standard android and so totally expected. The battery life seems to be 3-4 days (off at night) with still 30% left. I've dropped it (not deliberately) from about a metre and it survived ok.You do need to use the supplied USB lead which has a slightly longer plug for the thicker casing.
on 5 May 2014
Perfect. Great battery life, easy to use,definitely waterproof. Face a bit scratched rather quickly but love it, love it, love it.