4.0 out of 5 stars Great overall value for money
Overall- Great value for money.
I use this to capture my Xbox One gameplay, and it is amazing. It is easy to set up and record, however the only downside is that it does ever so slightly alter the colour of the gameplay. It seems a little darker when playing than it did before i bought it, however this does not seem to be a problem in the recording.
Published 3 months ago by Mr T D Hills

Ordered one of these because it was cheap and on-board rather than your typical USB based capture device.
Published 3 days ago by Mr. J. Wade

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty First Replaced for a so far, decent all round, 0 Delay HD Capture Card., 3 May 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
I wanted an on-board card to eliminate the delay that comes with USB capture devices and this at it's price seemed nice since I'm not willing to spend loads on another capture device when I have a few USB devices lying around that i've purchased over the years.
The product arrived ontime and worked fine for about 20 minutes when setting it up then refused to work no matter what I did.
It kept giving me a message saying the device was busy and I needed to close the software using it before I could use it. There was no software using it, Rebooting didn't solve it. A fresh reinstall did nothing. Online there was a total of 2 posts about this similar problem, none with a solution other than to return it.
So I paid £7 to get it fast track returned to Amazon and got my replacement quick.
So far this one seems to be working fine though I had a scare after a black screen earlier today and when I tried to readd the device as a source via X-Split it said it was undetected.
Thankfully a quick reboot of my PS4 and X-Split seemed to fix that.
I'd rate this higher but I can understand why it's alot cheaper than the Live Gamer HD Card at £160 and the Lite version here only being £50-£70.
Info on this version is scarce online unles you're not english then there is plenty.
This second one has worked for 2 days now. Let's hope it keeps up.

The device is easy enough to setup, other than the fact that it doesn't come with any software in the package, you have to download it all via AVerMedia's gamerzone webpage. I guess this is another way to cut down on the overall product cost.
Once you install the device in your PCI-E slot and setup the divers/upgrade the device firmware you're all set.
The software provides you with a basic streaming/recording source but I'd reccomend OBS/X-Split for streaming.
Note that you can't use the devices encosing options that recude the CPU usage for streaming. This is only avilable for local recording of gameplay for uploading to Youtube etc.. Or at least it's seems that way because Xsplit mentions when you attempt to start your stream to Twitch/Ustream that you can't use the build in encoder and forces you to switch to X-Split's encoder.
This product is cheap and eliminates delay that you get with USB Capture Cards by slotting directly to your motherboard. The overall stream quality is great provided you also have a PC that can handle the higher resolutions and an upload speed to handle streaming this footage to Twitch etc..

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product and very poor support, 6 April 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
I'd bought Avermedia products around a decade ago and had a poor experience with them, so I bought this with some trepidation. Turns out I wasn't disappointed.

About the only good thing going for this product is the box presentation which has a semi-premium feel, but other than that it's rubbish.

Box includes card, HDMI cable and quick start manual, but annoyingly, no driver disc. The tiddly manual says to install the software, but makes no mention of the disc or even where to download the drivers, which is very poor indeed. It's not even written in the manual, but in small print at the back of the box, at the bottom. I'm technically competent so this wasn't very hard for me to do other than an inconvenience, but for a novice, they could be stumped. This isn't how to treat your customers and shows a certain contempt for them from Avermedia in my view.

The website is actually quite slow to load pages and the download speed is capped at 6Mb/s to save them bandwidth, which means it takes much longer for you and isn't pleasant to use.

The card is recognized by Windows 7 as "PCI Device" when it's actually a PCI-E device. Installing the combined driver/application results in a "can't find device" error. Even the firmware update program can't find it. After some troubleshooting, it turns out that the card is actually faulty, so, annoyingly, I can't test its performance after all this faffing around. However, going by previous history and what I've seen here, I wouldn't be surprised if performance isn't very good, with buggy software. Note that the box was shrinkwrapped and the product looked new, so I hope faulty products like this are rare and I just got unlucky.

With all this, I can only give it one star, unfortunately.

I may order another one to try out and will update this review if I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great overall value for money, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
Overall- Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is perfect with my Core2Quad and i3 PC, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
Allright. You should update the software to 8.1 if you're having audio capture issues. Otherwise, this is perfect with my Core2Quad and i3 PC. The videos on my Phone are just quality to watch in high definition.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... about four days so far the card has been amazing. Pro's, 10 April 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
Okay i have been using this card for about four days so far the card has been amazing.

Pro's: Easy To Install, Drivers installed From there website, Simple to configure in OBS (Open broadcaster software), Very Little Input Lag ( 0.67 seconds at most)

Cons: If using a Triple screen PC, You will be forced to use DVI, DVI - and HDMI instead of DisplayPort, HDMI, And DVI

HIGHLY Recommend if your a Streamer

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more., 26 May 2014
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
I chose this rating cause I am slightly disappointed in some of its "failure" if you may.

What I liked about it, is that its very small, easy to install and it works quite good in streaming terms.

What I dislike about it, is that I noticed a "feature" it has with duo screens. According to support its working as intended, I believe its not tho. When your computer is in powersaving mode for more than 2-3 hours (screens are blacked out and the screens are "sleeping") then it takes ~30 sec - 1 min for the screen that the avermedia card is connected with, to activate.
Basicly your second screen will be flashing you with whats supposed to be on the screens, switching every second untill the first screen activates through the avermedia - But this is working as intended - according to support.

Another thing I dislike about the avermedia card is that the software attached to it, is very bad... It works, but thats all, the quality is horrible, not to mention the sound recording system it runs doesnt work with all. So yeah, I guess I am just one of the unlucky ones that use headset like Logitech G930 and the software cant find this to record sound of so all I get is a low quality video.
As for stream with that software it works with sound tho, not sure why it cant record with the sound, but right now I lost hope in support since they made it with the flashy screens.

So in overall, 3 stars, mainly cause it actually improves your FPS quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
this card is amazing !!!!!! recomendet this card

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
I used it for 10 minutes then the sound stopped working and it wont play or record in 1080p

3.0 out of 5 stars Abit Weird, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer (Accessory)
It's a decent capture card, The quality is amazing...Just the response time is terrible would advise going full price as this is cheap.

AVerMedia HD Lite Live Gamer