on 14 April 2014
This CD is awesome for somebody who wants to create a real Christmas athmosphere. The price for three CDs in this compilation is a good price. You will enjoy the CD!
on 10 December 2013
Apart from the odd Christmas tune that makes it onto every festive compilation (Hello, "Driving Home for Christmas", which I love btw) this CD is packed full of lesser known versions of great songs, sung by great singers. I was thrilled to discover Kate Bush's "Home for Christmas" which is just lovely, and my little boy and I love dancing round Strictly-style to Alma Cogan's "Never Do a Tango with an Eskimo." The only query I have is about CD2 - who is that singing White Christmas? It's not the Andy Williams I know and who sings "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" on CD1, unless there's an alternate career he had as a soul singer that I don't know about! Error? Or different Andy W?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2013
Chose four stars rather than five because I would still like to see something completely different for Christmas

However, good selection and good reproduction
on 18 December 2013
Some reviewers have said that only a few of the tracks are worth a listen. I beg to differ, this album reads like a who's who of the music world (Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Tony Bennett, Billie Holiday and Al Green to name just a few). Then some newer artists such as Gabrielle Aplin and Lily Allen.
So if you want something different other than wizzard and Slade (heard everywhere you go) this is the Christmas album to have, to compliment that (Now) album.
on 5 December 2013
really good to wrap presents to. Nice they arent all 'original' versions as well. loads of choice for the price.
on 2 January 2014
Bought this CD as I haven't got a CD with just Christmas music. It was my first Christmas Album and will be coming out every Christmas! There are some lovely songs on the album. I would recommend this CD however it would have been slightly better if some more classic Christmas songs were included.
on 14 December 2013
We don't have a Christmas cd so thought this would be a great buy to get the family in the Christmas spirit! Really pleased with it and there are a lot of songs new and old on it so a mixture of the classics and the modern
on 14 January 2014
nice to have a good mixture from different era's. would recommend this cd more than any other Xmas cd that I have bought
on 20 January 2014
Good cd. Arrived promptly. Has all the tunes you would expect and more. Brightened Christmas up with the happy tunes!
on 2 January 2014
Enjoyed the music and it was played while eating our Christmas dinner. What more do you want me to say about a cd