5.0 out of 5 stars esoteric journey
Published 2 months ago by Sophie

2.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual lite at best, money making scheme at worse..
Published 10 months ago by Simon Kwong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars esoteric journey, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: The O Manuscript: The Scandinavian Bestseller (Kindle Edition)
Came at the right time for me when I had to make difficult decisions, despite that the book is long and at the end of the day we probably don't need complicated esoteric understanding to live a happy live. We probably need lots of practise to return to that state of peace that is nearer than we think. None the less I enjoyed the long journey of the book. Plenty of material to muse about. Also the realization that whatever we are looking for is inside ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading this book can be quite a life-changing experience, 9 Jun 2011
After reading this book, I bought copies for all my friends, eager to share my experience of reading this book with them.
This is a book that encourages you to see life as an adventure and ignite your curiosity about the mysteries in life.
The author shares with the reader his spiritual quest, full of wisdom and reflections, aiming to detangle the secrets of life.
The book takes you to a magical place that slowly peels of the layers of yourself, makes you question your way of being and helps you construct a better and stronger self. The author becomes your trusted friend with whom you go on an adventure trip of self-discovery. He takes you by the hand and leads you through the labyrinth of life in quest of your inner treasure, just as he was once lead by a wise man.
The book starts with the author being at a crossroad in his life, not knowing which way to take. He suffers from poor health and his personal and professional lives are disintegrating. He meets a healer who invites him to Montsegur, a remote mountain village and castle in Southern France. A place of great beauty and a tragic history, where a group of believers were burned during the inquisition refusing to convert to the catholic belief, sticking to their own brand of back-to-basics of Christianity. Here he has many encounters and goes through experiences and tests that slowly turn him into a master of his own life and help him to find the true purpose and meaning of his life.
His experiences are beautifully interwoven with those of the story of Marie Magdalene in a light we haven't seen her before; a powerful inspiration to all women, and in her relationship with Jesus, the perfection of how men and women complement each other.
It is difficult not be to be deeply affect by this book. A book of initiation and wisdom, written with great beauty that makes you get lost in phrases or thoughts. This book is a door to a new world and better way of being.
I can highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual lite at best, money making scheme at worse.., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: O Manuscript (Paperback)
...I was expecting a lot more from this, but in the end was spiritualism lite a la The Achemist or Eat, Pray Love....where the author has a bunch on spiritual cliches and just peppers them amongst a lot of fancy words without getting to the meat of it, many important parts seems skimmed over and yet he spend ages describing inconsequential items or things that the reader could no way relate too like his psychicness... just feels like padding to me, also the tone of the book indicates a little bit of a superiority complex that shows a lack of growth, I.e the overly negative way when he describes the busy people... this shouldn't matter. If spiritual growth is what you want, then The Power of Now is much better, as for a story, then The Way of the Peaceful Warrior (very similar premise but much better) or Sati by Pike are far superior. Its not terrible though I feel compelled to write this as the glowing all 5 star reviews are misleading...

5.0 out of 5 stars ... be said that this is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read, 12 Nov 2014
It has to be said that this is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read........and I read a lot!.........it is from the heart of the writer and through him from the heights I am sure..........it is inspirational and gives hope for a better future while shining a light of truth on the sacred feminine which is now coming well to the fore all around us............it shows one mans journey through dark days and illness into a magical meeting which results in many magical meetings and the spreading of that magic out into the world for the benefit of Hu-man kind! it touches us on the level of the divine while also bringing the Divine down to earth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jun 2014
Really interesting read.

I found myself becoming a little confused along the way. This however, did not stop my interest and I liked it so much that I am going to read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music for the Soul, 6 Dec 2013
SOUL BROTHER
Great music for the soul thankyou Lars. You write with a sense of deep soul connection
honesty and courage and compassion I am Still reading
Will let you know more when the book is finished
Look forward to meeting you
Meanwhile, my thanks Chloe
chloe.goodchild@thenakedvoice.com
[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Took a while to get into., 3 Dec 2014
I struggled with the start of this book. The jumping back and forth was confusing at first, but once I got into the story found it interesting to read. Might have been better reading the book rather than kindle version so I could flick back to refresh my memory. A lot of information and names to remember. Feel I need to read this book again. But enjoyed the past and present stories running side by side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book and you will feel changed..., 11 Mar 2009
The O Manuscript is a breathtaking and moving story of a mans journey into the unknown, into the very heart of the mystery of the sacred union of man and woman. The story has it all. Love, drama, action and offers an enlightenment through the authors meeting with two great teachers, the Seer and Sylvia, the highpriestess and through a beautiful colourful poetic writing. Great story!

5.0 out of 5 stars No beginning no end One of a chain of magnificent ..., 3 Oct 2014
No beginning no end One of a chain of magnificent book which includes Siddhartha, Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, Way of the Peaceful Warrior, The Celestine Prophecy, I Remember Union and many others. A magnificent read. I can only reccomend it to anyone with a yen for self-discovery

5.0 out of 5 stars This O - manuscript is Unique, 12 Mar 2009
Githa Ben-david "Reader" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
Read it. It is a must. This book will become a classic and Lars Muhl one of the worlds classical writers. I read it too fast, couldn't stop. Historical and spiritual knowledge on a deep level combined with the finest, exiting storytelling.
My mothertung is not english,as you probably can read, but I recommend the O maniscript from my Heart.

Githa Ben-David