on 8 June 2014
I originally bought the Nik plugin package solely for Silver Efex Pro and then - when seeing there were other options that I might use - I got this kindle book as well as its companions, thinking that I would possibly get round to using at some time. Then the online course that I am undertaking started to introduce sharpening in one of the modules and I took the plunge of investing time - given a good initial experience with the companion Silver Efex Pro book.
.........How pleased I am with the time investment.........
The book is simple and fits in well with the previous read, with style and layout being familiar.
My first attempt, albeit clumsy in comparison to the excellent included worked examples was simply stunning. The 24MB landscape holiday image that was well focused, with a sensible histogram and pleasing "in-camera" result, (which I felt pretty proud of upon capture - you can just tell can't you!) was transformed into a sharp, almost 3D-like picture - and a quantum leap in quality - and all done at the airport on my laptop whilst waiting through the 2 hour weather delay for my flight.
An easy, but succinct, read, well worth the small investment of money and will be referred to frequently in the months to come as clumsy attempts become more refined. Recommended.
on 21 December 2013
This is an excellent book at a bargain price. It gives full explanations of all aspects of sharpening theory and practice to use of the tools in Nik Sharpener Pro 3 in easy to understand language. This book should be on every Niksoft owners reading device. Thank you Robin.
on 5 August 2014
Excellently written. Great reading it on on my playbook. The section on the difference between sharpening for screen and output was invaluable. Thanks
on 8 January 2014
I have the compete NIK Collection and have regularly used all their other Plug-ins - Sharpener Pro I have found to be the most difficult to use.
Robin's e-book has really helped me to understand and get the most out of 'Sharpener'. As with his other e-books you can download his example images and work alongside in Photoshop. I find e-books really excellent for tutorial work - to have them beside you on your tablet is so much easier than a 'book' - no problem with keep losing your page!
on 14 January 2014
Sharpener Pro3 is somewhat dry reading but we'll worth reading cover to cover. Free of waffle and logically laid out.
on 20 June 2014
The Nik Sharpener Pro 3 software works fine, is easy use like many of the other NIK software packages (silver Efex, define, color Efex etc). I bought the color Efex book by the same author and it is much better. Effectively, there is not too much to discover in the NIK sharpener pro package that justifies the need for a book.
on 11 February 2014
Tried and bought the NIK plugin package and followed with purchase of all of Robin Whalley's NIK plugin guides in digital form to see what more I could do with it all. The guides are a good useful insight into making positive use of the plugins and clarifies using a number of the available editing approaches.
on 7 July 2015
very good book. It assumes you know a bit about Nik software in advance, but that is only to be expected. Having taken that assumption into account it takes you though the process of achieving razor sharp photos
on 3 August 2014
Easy to follow,very informative
on 4 May 2016
It is great to have a single subject explained like this by an expert. I feel like there is now a real chance of me using the tool with understanding.