5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! The only word that sums up this book
Take Me Home is the story of Inary who is living in London after being jilted by her ex, and is just a little bit in love with her best friend Alex. She has to return to her native Scotland where her sister is in the final stages of her life and to help the brother she feels resents her for running away.

How can she cope with the death of her sister and the...
Published 7 months ago by Kim The Book Worm

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
Didn't realise that this book would wander into the realms of the paranormal. It started well enough but towards the end I found myself skipping over pages because I found the storyline frankly not interesting enough. Sorry!!
Published 2 months ago by Marcia

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! The only word that sums up this book, 20 Dec 2013
Kim The Book Worm (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)

How can she cope with the death of her sister and the loss of Alex too after she closed herself off to him so she can never be hurt by anyone again?

This is one of the most emotional stories I think I've read. I adored reading Watch Over Me by Dani and this was a magnificent and completely perfect second novel which is set in the same village.

I quickly became completely and utterly immersed in the story and felt like I was part of the scenery. I read a lot through bleary eyes. It was so moving and emotional in parts that I could not breathe! There were other scenes where very interesting things were happening to Inary that I was completely fascinated by and wanted to find out so much more!

Dani is an incredible writer and I hope to be reading many more of her books in the future. She writes in such a compelling way that you cannot wait to find out what happens next even if you know that your heart is going to break in two!

While it was extremely sad in parts, it was overall marvellously uplifting and certainly left me with peace and hope.

Just completely beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dani does it again....., 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I adored Daniela's Watch Over Me, in fact I notice that I am quoted in Amazon's product description of her new book Take Me Home praising Watch Over Me saying "Take your time when you read this, absorb every word, because it's totally and utterly worth it. The first book I've ever wanted to read again before I'd even finished turning the last page; this book will stay with me forever".

So you can imagine my delight when Take Me Home arrived one morning. So much so, I ditched the book I was reading mid-way through (I was struggling with it, and I needed an excuse to move on) and started to devour this new book. It had big boots to fill, and did it live up to expectations? Yes, it did. I don't think I loved it as much, but only because I wanted more. I wanted more of Inary and Alex and the ending wasn't quite as beautiful as I had hoped for.

It was the perfect read to keep me sane on my delayed Tuesday morning commute, and it only took two days of commuting to finish rapidly turning the pages.

Take Me Home has tinges of similarities to Watch Over Me; there are the broken hearts, the sadness and the element of "paranormal activity", but it is unique and wonderful in its own right.

The book is written from different characters perspectives, and it alternatives perfectly to allow you to capture each characters innermost thoughts. This style of writing doesn't break the pace or flow of the book - it's perfect.

The other book (which I ditched for this one, and which shall remain nameless for now), was causing me problems because I just couldn't identify with the main character. I just didn't care. However, I loved Inary from the first page of this book. The book resounded with me, as I too find myself distancing myself from relationships (although for me it isn't the conventional reason of having my own heart broken) and Inary's deepest thoughts occasionally reminded me of myself. I also loved Alex - he sounds like the sort of man I would like in my life.

Take Me Home really is a truly beautiful story; it's gripping and it's moving. It will hold your interest from the first sentence right through to the last, and it will leave you wanting more from Daniela Sacerdoti.

Once again, I am left wondering what book could possibly replace the void which Dani has left, once more, in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely & sad at the same time., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Found this an easy read, I like to think there is something out there when we die & this story makes you believe there is. Would recommend anyone who believes in the afterlife & wants a not heavy read of the spiritual world to give this a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt like was home there myself, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant very touching thought provoking and beautifully written.
Thoroughly enjoyed felt also deja vou for some unknown reason. Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure about this when I started it - I enjoyed Watch Over Me and, although both books are connected, this one seemed to be different and I just wasn't sure how the Gift of the Sight would be portrayed. I needn't have worried. It was a beautiful, gentle story with believable characters that I cared about -even though the Alex/Inary outcome was a foregone conclusion! I do hope we will have the opportunity to meet up with the Glen Avich residents again and perhaps learn that little Sorley has the Sight too? I loved the slightly dark, eerie thread running through this book. It leant an air of mystery and intrigue to what is, in effect, a love story but without all the mushy sentiment. Thank you Daniela for a lovely read which took me out of my life and off to Glen Avich for a while - exactly what a good story should do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down, from the very start I was gripped! the power in this book was like a magnet to me. please write a follow up it was brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read!, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
This book is well worth reading. The author's style is enchanting and she writes with such ease. The story draws you in with the character's tragic family circumstances. She returns to Scotland to pick up the pieces of her sister's illness and leaves her own love life in a mess. I don't want to give any more away but it's a real page turner. There's also a hint of the supernatural in this story which is convincingly written. If you have read Watch Over Me by the same author this is in a similar vein but even better. You could read these two books in any order and they are both fantastic. A real bargain on the Kindle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful surprising and moving story., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Once again this second book, 'Take me home' did not fail to totally hypnotize me. Like her previous novel, this story talked of a place called Glen Avich. I found myself walking up the street, and looking at the wonderful sunset so perfectly described, and gazing over the waters of the loch. it's a story that once you start reading, you do not want to put it down. Again wonderfully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost tale with a difference., 17 Feb 2014
David H J Ashdown (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Inary is a Scottish girl living in London and working for a publisher but her soul longs to be in Glen Avich near Aberdeen. When her sister Emily , who has a serious heart condition , becomes very ill she returns home to be with her and her brother Logan. The story is written in a series of different perspectives of the other characters in the novel and works very well bringing the narrative to life. Inary possesses "The Sight" or the ability to communicate with the troubled souls of people who've died in tragic circumstances and this forms the basis for this excellent tale of love and redemption - A must read book with believable characters and excellent conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, couldn't put it down., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
what a captivating story, gripped my attention all the way through, can't wait to read another one of Daniela sacerdoti books.

Take Me Home