5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! The only word that sums up this book
Take Me Home is the story of Inary who is living in London after being jilted by her ex, and is just a little bit in love with her best friend Alex. She has to return to her native Scotland where her sister is in the final stages of her life and to help the brother she feels resents her for running away.

How can she cope with the death of her sister and the...
Published 4 months ago by Kim The Book Worm

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
A good easy read. Nicely constructed, believable background and characters. I'm not into psycho stories or paranormal ideas, but in this story this aspect was handled quite well. It drove the story forward, parallel with the romantic aspects and family drama. I read it fast, so that means for me, a comfortable, easy read. For relaxing and enjoyment.
Published 2 months ago by Georgette

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! The only word that sums up this book, 20 Dec 2013
Kim The Book Worm (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)

How can she cope with the death of her sister and the loss of Alex too after she closed herself off to him so she can never be hurt by anyone again?

This is one of the most emotional stories I think I've read. I adored reading Watch Over Me by Dani and this was a magnificent and completely perfect second novel which is set in the same village.

I quickly became completely and utterly immersed in the story and felt like I was part of the scenery. I read a lot through bleary eyes. It was so moving and emotional in parts that I could not breathe! There were other scenes where very interesting things were happening to Inary that I was completely fascinated by and wanted to find out so much more!

Dani is an incredible writer and I hope to be reading many more of her books in the future. She writes in such a compelling way that you cannot wait to find out what happens next even if you know that your heart is going to break in two!

While it was extremely sad in parts, it was overall marvellously uplifting and certainly left me with peace and hope.

Just completely beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dani does it again....., 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I adored Daniela's Watch Over Me, in fact I notice that I am quoted in Amazon's product description of her new book Take Me Home praising Watch Over Me saying "Take your time when you read this, absorb every word, because it's totally and utterly worth it. The first book I've ever wanted to read again before I'd even finished turning the last page; this book will stay with me forever".

So you can imagine my delight when Take Me Home arrived one morning. So much so, I ditched the book I was reading mid-way through (I was struggling with it, and I needed an excuse to move on) and started to devour this new book. It had big boots to fill, and did it live up to expectations? Yes, it did. I don't think I loved it as much, but only because I wanted more. I wanted more of Inary and Alex and the ending wasn't quite as beautiful as I had hoped for.

It was the perfect read to keep me sane on my delayed Tuesday morning commute, and it only took two days of commuting to finish rapidly turning the pages.

Take Me Home has tinges of similarities to Watch Over Me; there are the broken hearts, the sadness and the element of "paranormal activity", but it is unique and wonderful in its own right.

The book is written from different characters perspectives, and it alternatives perfectly to allow you to capture each characters innermost thoughts. This style of writing doesn't break the pace or flow of the book - it's perfect.

The other book (which I ditched for this one, and which shall remain nameless for now), was causing me problems because I just couldn't identify with the main character. I just didn't care. However, I loved Inary from the first page of this book. The book resounded with me, as I too find myself distancing myself from relationships (although for me it isn't the conventional reason of having my own heart broken) and Inary's deepest thoughts occasionally reminded me of myself. I also loved Alex - he sounds like the sort of man I would like in my life.

Take Me Home really is a truly beautiful story; it's gripping and it's moving. It will hold your interest from the first sentence right through to the last, and it will leave you wanting more from Daniela Sacerdoti.

Once again, I am left wondering what book could possibly replace the void which Dani has left, once more, in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely & sad at the same time., 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Found this an easy read, I like to think there is something out there when we die & this story makes you believe there is. Would recommend anyone who believes in the afterlife & wants a not heavy read of the spiritual world to give this a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another wee Highland Gem!, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Having read the description and also Daniela's Watch Over Me I thought this book would be too similar,but no.The fimiliar setting and the crossover of characters worked really well.I really enjoyed it and the wee reminders of my granny made it a very enjoyable read,Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, couldn't put it down., 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
what a captivating story, gripped my attention all the way through, can't wait to read another one of Daniela sacerdoti books.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Easy read with a lovely ending....fun sad exciting nerve wracking. Love the authors style looking for another. Would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book.I loved how the characters story developed and felt so involved in the story and experiences, couldn't wait until my commutes to and from work to find out what was going to happen next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt like was home there myself, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant very touching thought provoking and beautifully written.
Thoroughly enjoyed felt also deja vou for some unknown reason. Well done

5.0 out of 5 stars Bum numbing, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I really could not wait to pick this book up . I have numbing all over sitting reading unable to pause. CRIED with her and for her
A truly believable story, one that can be related to in this day and age. I wanted it never to end - sequal ???? I want more !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Take me home, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Take Me Home (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful love story, perfectly woven, I was dying for them to get together! And the perfect supernatural touch. Loved it!

ARRAY(0xb32f7d44)