on 19 February 2013
Well considering I bought the other 12 inch collection I sometimes wonder if I got really ripped off buying this one. And after some comparing I found out that only 5 tracks differ (maybe more I dunno). However WHY RELEASING TWO 12 inch Collections with simillar content ?!??!
Felt kinda ripped off...
88 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2014
My 12” Blue Vinyl Picture Disc of Beat The Clock is a little scratched and annoyingly jumps! So to find, not only that version in digital format, but a lot of my other favourites was a bonus. I would have creamed my pants if the first four 12” remixes had been available on one LP around early the 80’s! Still, I suspect, like me, many will find the mix of tracks strange as they come from differing era’s so you’ll find yourself skipping around the album to the ones you want. Still if you’re a fan then buy it if only for the special version of ‘Tryouts’.
on 9 December 2014
Not essential but still very high quality of all the Mael Brothers 12 inch Remixes.

Very highly recommended nonetheless, great production and sound quality.

Just Buy It!
on 9 August 2013
I have been a fan of Sparks throughout their career and this collection of extended versions of their 12" singles is great, if not vastly different from the CD in the same collection of the original 12" mixes. I bought it mainly for the final track which includes Jimmy Somerville on vocals, but love it nonetheless.
on 10 September 2013
This item is a must for Sparks fans.
It contains the rare extra long version of ""TryoutsThe Human Race".
This is the corrected version of "Extended The 12 Inch Mixes" that contained listing errors.
on 11 July 2015
good
on 30 December 2012
Even as a hard-core Sparks fan for some 40 years, I'd not heard a lot of these mixes.

I"m not sure I'd call any of them 'essential', as such, but it is a fascinating document of a truly innovative band.

No sound problems that I can discern, either.