on 11 October 2014
I like that Asus managed to make the perfect pc for ever day living. You can do all your work and even play decent games on it. Don't like the track pad so much, and also that it only has 2 usb ports.
on 27 December 2014
Had a tough job finding a laptop for my boy that could not only be used for school work but also for gaming, more specifically minecraft. Most retailer were recommending I spend 5/600 plus but I found this item recommended on a forum and it does everything we want it to. Top notch laptop and first class delivery. Hope this helps somebody.
on 8 July 2014
This is a pretty decent laptop and does all that I have asked of it so far. The graphics card plays FM14 and other graphic intensive games pretty well and generally copes with HD media playback fine. Windows 8 is horrible and the free 8.1 upgrade is better, but not a lot. You soon learn to work around its issues and just use the "desktop" that we all know and love. As other people have said, the touch pad mouse is terrible and is by far the worst I have ever used on a laptop. Its far too sensitive but just connect a wireless mouse and the problem goes away. Thats the only reason this is a 4 star review and not a 5 star review. Other than that, this is a great laptop for the price.
on 25 November 2015
I've had this model for almost two years now and have hated every minute of it and simply haven't purchased another one as I've no cash. Windows 8 and up is ridiculous - I presume the idea was to ape the Mac operating system. Windows 8, at least on this ASUS, is a joke and comes no where close to being the instinctive model of the Mac. Having to ignore these issues and revert to the desktop display is a pointless waste of a customer's time. The touch pad mouse is a pain in the arse. Not only are you forced to buy a separate mouse but if you want to type using the keyboard you have to hold your hands and wrists so far away from the mouse as to cause injury, otherwise you are constantly activating the mouse. The camera stopped working, despite numerous operational updates, after 6 months (intermittent) and completely after 12months. Windows Music Player stopped working, despite reinstalling, at some point. Whether using the touch pad mouse or a usb one, whether or not I can access the control panel to the right of the screen, is a total lottery. Look, I effing hate this machine - I'm sure the graphics are great but I can't see past my hatred for all the workarounds I constantly have to make.
on 17 March 2015
There are several features that set this laptop apart from the plethora of available choices.

It has a discreet graphics card, meaning the main processor is not burdened by such duties. In the Nvidia software, you can elect to use the graphics either 'when required' (default), or 'always' (optional), which is probably worth doing if it is used as a desktop replacement.

It has an 'ice cool' palm rest, that doesn't get overly hot when the laptop is running.

The sound is really good, it uses its own chassis as a 'chamber', and has really good acoustics.

Other than that, the i3 processor with 6GB RAM, means it will tackle most tasks with ease. The screen is a bit glossy, but it's fairly sharp and clear, with a 1,366 x 768 resolution on a TN panel. The Ethernet is only 10/100, but most people will only ever use WI-FI anyway. The only thing that I can, and will change, is to swap the hard drive for a solid state drive (SSD), which will really speed up the only bottleneck on this system. (mSata is provided).

A great laptop, that will suffice as a desktop replacement, and manage some light gaming.
on 13 October 2015
Bought this laptop as a Christmas present for my daughter dec 14 and for a couple of months it worked fine then the keyboard failed and certain letters wouldn't function. The charging point too picked up an intermittent fault and could not be recharged at times. To say my daughter was unimpressed was a colossal understatement!!! We have therefore a laptop which is effectively useless. I contacted amazon who didn't want to know and just referred me to the manufacturer ASUS who are notoriously difficult when it comes to customer service. I will not be buying another ASUS product under any circumstances. Be very careful to avoid ASUS laptops. Inherently faulty and once you have parted with your money you are effectively on your own. Do yourself a favour and avoid buying one of these laptops like the plague. One extremely unhappy daughter and past customer. If I could give negative stars it would be too good. Steer clear at all cost!!!!!!!!
on 21 December 2014
The Windows 8 is a pain in the ass, but the laptop itself functions perfectly well for my uses. I mostly use it for writing and playing games, and I've yet to encounter any issues, after 6 months of ownership.
on 12 May 2015
Very good laptop! For the price (Around £350 when I bought), it genuienly does anything you want! The keyboard takes a bit of getting used to, but it is really good to use once you do. It's not 5* because sometimes the computer can freeze and crash at times when I'm running various programmes at once.

Completely flawless using photoshop and would be more than adequate with any games that you need to play.

For day to day use, it's amazing, although a bit on the heavy side, so I'd personally fork out an extra £50 for an ACER Aspire V3-371 if you want something portable. Overall, I'm definitely happy!
on 2 July 2015
*Beware* This item is currently being sold by Asus for over £1700! I purchased this item from another retailer on Amazon last December and it was only £380. Unsure if they have their wires crossed but I wouldn't pay £80 for this machine. I am in the process of returning the laptop, which is how I noticed the price discrepancy. The system is sloooow. The specs should be more than adequate for a bit of surfing and a few games. I could cook a Sunday roast in the time it takes to process some functions. Very poor and not what I would expect from the spec on this kit.
on 4 June 2015
Bought this from Smart Electronics 1 month out of warranty wont start up. Amazon don't want know. I have no address for smart electronics and they are not responding other than to say it's out of warranty. Manufacturers want £45.00 just to collect it and heaven only knows how much to repair it