on 9 April 2014
Bought this to protect my new Nikon 1 J2 and it's now sitting in the corner un-used. The seller conveniently forgets to mention that the case only fits cameras fitted with the optional shallower lenses, so will only be good for people who have deviated from the standard 10-30mm lens supplied from new.

The fit is also pretty "wonky" so even if you have the right lens the product isn't as brilliant as it's been made out to be in the other reviews, but then what should we expect for the price?

Cannot be bothered to send it back to China as I know from experience that it will cost me more than the case did originally, I probably wouldn't get any money back anyhow and I won't have a physical object to act as a reminder not to buy cheap again.

3* awarded as it is OK for the price... so long as you have a shallow lens. Hope this helps warn those who might assume this fits their Nikon 1 (J2)!
on 4 February 2014
Never bother to do reviews, but just had to for this. Had previously purchased Nikon's own CB-N2000 half case for my J1, but when I saw this for 1/3 of the price, decided to try it. Deliver took a while as comes from China, but product is first-class, fits my J1 with 10mm lens perfect and looks smart and classy, good quality construction. Highly recommended at this price. See other questions if you have a longer zoom lens as to whether this will fit.
on 10 April 2014
Reminiscent of the camera cases of old, this is made of a modern material which seems durable and not at all plasticy. It has good protection inside for the camera with a lining and is really well made. To use the camera to take pictures you will have to remove the front part of the case to gain proper access to the camera controls so time will tell how the press studs hold up, but they appear good quality. For the price it is an excellent case, if I get a couple of years out of it I'll be happy and I use my cameras a lot.
on 30 June 2014
After waiting for over a couple of weeks for any info on this order. I finally get an e-mail to say that it's not available and will not be available again. Am trying to get my money back from them - no response as yet.

So, am shocked to see that Leading Star (it says Buytra on the site) still has this product available for sale. Why is that, when they've told me they won't be getting any more of this product.

It makes me concerned that it could be some kind of scam!!!
on 2 March 2014
Exactly what it says in the description. Gave it 5 stars because it is what it says it is, a camera case for the Nikon 1 series. Arrived promptly, fits snugly, and protects the camera. Interestingly, I have been asked about it from those who have seen it whilst on holiday. One of the guys had an original case that he paid 80 pounds for!!! This was better if not the same!!!!
on 26 April 2014
It's a little tight to get on as I have put a lens cap cord on (only 2 mm thick) and there is a gap at the sides. However it was cheap and will do until I can afford the more expensive case supplied by Nikon. On a positive note it arrived surprisingly quickly from china.
on 28 February 2014
Well made of good quality leather, unfortunately it doesn't fit too well, it's too tight. Closing the front flap is in danger of straining the lens fixings.
Not happy.
on 9 February 2014
Great product at a fabulous price - whats not to like! Would recommend to anyone looking for a retro look
on 6 March 2014
I wanted a case to protect my camera and this fitted the bill. Just like the old slr camera cases.
on 9 February 2014
Can anyone help me to find out whether it will fit Nikon s1 with the 11 - 27.5 lens??? Please

See one answered question