5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !
What a great find ... stumbled upon this book and loved it . Well written and I loved the relationship between Noah and Cooper . Can't wait for the next one ....
Published 13 months ago by Book addict

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun light reading
I found this a good value bit of light reading at £1.86. There were no glaring issues with either the writing or editing which immediately puts this above a lot of the herd in this genre, as does the fact that it doesn't rely on any supernatural tropes to create an entertaining 'gay for you' romance.

It was a refreshing change to read about a pair of main...
Published 12 months ago by Not A Number

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun light reading, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

It was a refreshing change to read about a pair of main characters who are both masculine guys without undue emphasis on that point. As a gay man I get the impression that many female authors would benefit from actually meeting a real live gay couple to ground themselves occasionally, and so I am happy to note that Riley Hart has avoided making her characters into stereotypes.

When the character of Vernon was introduced I feared this author was going to fall into the cliché of giving us a pantomime villain of a homophobe, but happily he was kept firmly in the wings until the plot needed him and as a result of that very nice bit of plotting the author developed his character in a believable manner. It would be very interesting to see how the protagonists resolve their historical fondness for this parental figure with his monstrous bigotry and past mistakes, so I do hope Riley Hart considers devoting a future novel in the series to this pair.

The author has included a second pairing of characters for the serialisation indicated in the title. I'm sure this pair will be interesting characters to write about in future, although I am concerned that the author strives for quality rather than quantity since the latter is something there is no shortage of in this particular niche.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !, 22 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal love, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I just loved this novel. The deep love Noah & Cooper have for each other is beautiful. Their journey of self discovery is both heartwarming & inspiring. I look forward to the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable m/m romance, 18 Sep 2014
Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Although Noah and Cooper have not been parts of each others lives for years, once they re-meet it's like they never lost touch. Then Coop finds out Noah is gay. Coop isn't homophobic he just can't understand Noah being gay, didn't they have fun watching and talking about girls together? Coop now sees Noah in a new light and is attracted to him, but that's not right, he's not gay, why does he find his best friend sexy or find it hard to see him chatting up another man? Once Coop embraces that he wants more, they set out on a journey of discovery together which some people support but others dislike.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Captivating and hot", 23 Jun 2014
There are a number of positive things to say about this novel. The characters are believable and so is the story even if there are some flaws. Riley Hart has succeeded in describing the problems that may occur in relationships of different kinds and she does it in a very convincing and captivating way.

There are many very hot and explixit love scenes but they tend to be a bit repetitive and that is a pity because she is quite good at depicting intimate situations. "Collide" is a very easy read and also to enjoy. I highly recommend this novel and I do not think it will disappoint you. I give it a 4+.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book in the morning and i finished it by 7pm the same day... Yes... It's that awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Oh, the tension and the jealousy and the want... and the tension. This book had me eating my hands in the best way. Brilliantly written story that I know I'll go back to again and again. Loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
It was a good little story. I liked the interaction between the men and how they worked out their feelings for each other. Two hot men together with nothing to soppy or over the top romantic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book but silly me read the 2nd book first not that it really mattered.Noah and Coop aww they so cute together you really do want to read both books you wont be dissapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable romance, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I liked Coop and Noah's story and the premise that childhood friendship and adoration could become true love. I enjoyed reading how their relationship developed through the novel, but I did have a few issues with the writing. There were the odd spelling/incorrect word and grammatical mistakes that niggled (I'm afraid things like that jump out at me and I find them extremely irritating) and in places I felt the narrative was stilted and shallow. However, I am sure that as the author matures, so will the narrative content of her books.

I will be reading the next episode in the Blackcreek series and look forward to seeing how Wes and Braden's relationship develops.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Collide (Blackcreek Series Book 1)