5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Hymns....EVER.
As the title says.....The Best Hymns in the World...Ever, IS what it says. This C.D. is superb. If you enjoy the old-fashioned hymns then this is a MUST for you.
It's truly a "sing-along" C.D.
I have one of the three cd's in different players so it depend what room I am in I get the different songs.
I have recommended it to all my friends and bought it for...
Published on 22 May 2010 by M. B. Byford-rew

2.0 out of 5 stars HYMN CD
I was disappointed with this product and don't think it desreves the title of 'The Best Hymns ...'. There are some nice hymns but a lot of them aren't the traditional arrangement. I would not recommend this item :-(
Published on 3 Nov 2010 by Knuffi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Hymns....EVER., 22 May 2010
It's truly a "sing-along" C.D.
I have recommended it to all my friends and bought it for my brother, I just want every-one to hear about it.
I was going to video this with a few playing but I wasn't "brave" enough!.......
I am a Salvationist and these are the songs we sang when I was a child growing up and all those memories of days gone by come flooding back, so a big "thank-you" to the compiler of such a brilliant piece of work.
You have made me extremely happy.
Marlene, Hayle, Cornwall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every hymn you will ever want ... Almost, 8 April 2010
M. Wilson - See all my reviews
Think of a popular hymn and the chances are it will be on one of the three CDs with one or two notable exceptions such as "Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer". It has hymns ranging from those great anthems of the Christian faith such as "How Great Thou Art" which are guarunteed to get the blood flowing to the simpler more melodic pieces such as "All Things Bright and Beautiful".

These are mainly choral which I find to be less satisfying than a good soloist, and yes that is purely personal taste, despite my reservations regarding choir music, I still really enjoyed listening to them.

Sound quality is adequate but is not superb which is a shame as audiophile quality sound would have lifted this CD far above the level it is at.

Overall a good album that is very nearly great except for a couple of odd choices of hymn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 25 Nov 2013
This has been one of the most appreciated presents I have ever bought for someone. I got it for my mum who loves all the hymns from her school days and when I saw the playlist on this I knew she had to have it.
She absolutely loves it and is always playing it, singing along with it. They are nicely sung & compiled and the hymns are sung in the old style tunes rather than the more modern versions.
3 disks of really wonderful hymns with beautiful words and well compiled - well recommended for any hymn enthusiast. Just lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars vARIETY OF VARIED AND EXCELLENT HYMNS - PERFORMED WELL AND AT A GREAT PRICE, 9 Jan 2014
This is a record of a vARIETY OF widely VARIED AND EXCELLENT HYMNS - PERFORMED WELL AND AT A GREAT PRICE

I can heartily recommend it to others who love this type of contemplative music.

John W. Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hymns of the past, 6 Aug 2013
Excellent 3 CDs and good value for 50 hymns.
From the past the hymns are definitely the best.
Singing and choice of hymns are so good that my wife sings along, she has joined the choirs.
If you know a friend or neighbour who is lonely then buy this album for them.
Someone at church who likes good older hymns and songs would love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best !!!, 27 Nov 2013
I bought quite a few albums for my church and this proved to be the most useful, best quality and best variety, really good value for money, the only downside was the time it took to be delivered as it came from Switzerland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 11 Dec 2013
This has all types of hymns modern and old. Lovely to sing along to.first album I have ever downloaded and I am pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Hymns, 21 Jun 2013
This CD is one of the best if not the best Salvation Army Hymns I have ever heard and highly recommend it to any body who is into this type of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Hymns, 4 Jun 2013
We purchased this for friend of ours who is 95 this year, she has been a friend for many years, and has become too frail to go to church as often as she would like. She has found this CD as a great comfort to her, and feels that she is still praisingher God.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the very best hymns, 27 April 2013
The best collection of hymns ever recorded. After the modern hymns it is so relaxing to sit and listen to hymns I sang as a young boy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›