on 21 March 2014
What a good gadget, small light weight just the job for camping. I Charged it via USB for 12 hours and then connected my phone. The phone was charged in under 2 hours. I then left it on the window sill on a cloudy day and it re-charged in about 4 hours. Since then it's been in the dark but has not lost any charge. I do a lot of camping in the summer and my phone was always flat. Now it not a problem. Highly recommend this product.
on 29 November 2013
Must have gadget for anyone who uses their phone a lot. Charges iPhone 5 no problem at all. Like the way it can store power for up to 6 months, ready for when you need it. One tip... When you get it, charge it via USB first to give it a full charge.
on 6 May 2014
Delivered quite quickly and good selection of connectors and that's where the plus points end.
Followed instructions on initial charging and found a full charge via USB gives one full charge of my phone (Sony Experia J ) . Despite having the item for some time, so having given it a number of trials in solar mode it never manages to top up the charge on my phone by more than 5 or 6%. I know the weather has not been great lately but giving the unit 7days (3 sunny, 2 mixed and 2 cloudy) and it still can not manage more than a few percent makes it useless. It's a pity it lacks a means of telling how much it's charged it's internal battery. So if you are going on holiday in Death Valley or the Outback of Australia it MIGHT then be of use but in the UK forget it!
on 9 September 2014
I got this because i was going camping in crete for 6 weeks with no electricity. I followed the instructions and charged it my usb first and that then charged my phone no problem. Got to crete though and even after being left out all day in the sun it only charged my phone by a cou
on 4 June 2014
Garbage. Even after fully charging it via USB it barely half filled my phone battery. Would not reccomend this to anyone with a high spec phone!!
on 9 April 2014
Bought this solar powered charger for my visit to Africa where I thought it would come in exceptionally handy. It worked fine for the 1st re-charge, however after that it failed. The other 'down side' to it is that you can not charge the solar charger by sun light, AND charge your phone at the same time, it has to be done seperately (which is disappointing), however you can do both things simultaniously via your laptop - which is a bonus.
A very positive note on the seller however, when I contacted them, they sent out a replacement very quickly with no quibbles. I have yet to use the new charger to see if the problems were isolated - fingers crossed.
on 30 March 2014
Works well and is a handy compact charger. Ideal for those laces where you cannot charge appliances from a power socket
on 17 September 2014
Not impressed with this at all, I followed the instructions but it wasn't up to the job of charging my iphone
on 17 February 2015
take 7-8 hours to charge from electric & only charge one phone once. cheaper to just charge phone
on 11 July 2014
worked very well...handy on walks, just need sunlight as day light doesn't charge it