VINE VOICEon 18 September 2015
Really enjoying this book. It's written in a very accesible style, but for all that I think the author shares some really enlightening understanding of our 'lizard' brains at work. It's quite humbling to realise just how all of us are influenced (even controlled at times) by a powerful, pre-verbal part of our brains, and to see how easily this part of the brain leads us into trouble and problems with others. I'd recommend this to any manager, or employee: just understanding begins to change the way you behave and react.
on 20 December 2013
Bowden's argument seems real enough to me in my life as he spent most of the book describing me and my acts of abject stupidity and self-sabotage. He even offers solutions that have helped me raise my awareness of when my lizard or monkey are about to show their teeth.
on 13 November 2014
I love listening to and reading Mark Bowden articles and books. I was looking forward to downloading this audio copy. But I can’t and wont finish it.....

Had Mark narrated this himself it would have been informative and hilarious. Unfortunately, it was narrated by an American voice over actor who sounds spookily like the holographic Dr out of Star Trek Voyager. His narration killed ever joke and important verbal nuance. I tried, I really, really did, but I got bored, my mind wandered as it does with flat, monotone voices. I'll just buy the paperback and read it myself :(