4.0 out of 5 stars Saturday night vintage entertainment
I ordered this bluray on pre-order in November and eagerly awaited its arrival, however I had to wait 4 days after its due date (not sure who to blame, Amazon or Royal Mail).
Published 12 months ago by By-tor

1.0 out of 5 stars No sound from home cinema centre speaker????
I've tried blu ray and dvd format but there just isn't any audio from centre channel when Dts or 5.1 is selected. Really annoyed about this as I really enjoy this concert.

Have returned for refund.
Published 8 months ago by miss donna m morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars Saturday night vintage entertainment, 8 Dec 2013
When it finally arrived I sat and watched the entire disc. The bluray version has everything on the one disc and what is so good about bluray is that you don't have to go out of the show to go to the main menu. this consists of show, access to individual songs, documentary & sound options.

SHOW. The bluray copy of the show had a clear picture that kept it's sharpness during the picture pan (obviously TVs differ according to make and model) and the sound was very crisp. However, the colour wasn't as vibrant nor was the picture as sharp as I expected for a bluray, it was no better than the HD showing on telly and wasn't as sharp as other shows on bluray I have. My bluray is connected to a surround system and this was very good and picked up all the instruments.

DOCUMENTARY. This is a 'fly on the wall' look behind the scenes of the Palladium rehearsals from the bare bones of the band getting together, meeting up with the whole ensemble to actual night. whilst short in duration, this is straight to the point and very informative.

SOUND OPTIONS. Three options, Stereo, and two separate 5.1 options, pick the correct option for you system or it will not sound right.

The show has songs from 'Swing When You're Winning' and 'Swings Both Ways' featuring some but not all guests from the album, whilst also included are some songs not on his albums and some 'swinged up' familiar songs from different genres. Robbie is energetic, comical and totally entertaining, backed by a superb band some people may remember individuals from his Take The Crown tour.
All in all a harmless & enjoyable piece of light entertainment that all swing and Robbie fans will enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a reborn fan, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
I was worried that Palladium's is not such quality as Albert Hall's.
But I was wrong!
Robbie is in top form as an artist here, not only as a performer/singer.

Albert Hall is more soulful but Palladium is more entertainment and that's great that we have two different things for different tastes.

Swings Both Ways, No One Likes a Fat Pop Star, If I Only Had a Brain, High Hopes with kids are the best ones in this concert.

Must see

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch for any Robbie fan, 1 Jan 2014
Loved this must see for any Robbie fan who couldn't get tickets for this. Will be watched and watched in my house lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic showmanship, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
Great product for a diehard fan. Great entertainment & Rob shows his versatility as well as his childish side as he performs with friends and Miss Piggy. Fabulous

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite entertainers, and I simply love this DVD as I am able to play it whenever I feel blue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Dec 2013
Loved the Blu Ray DVD.I was able to watch it in the United States. My smart tv was smarter than I thought. Robbie Williams was a class act. Incredible showman and greatest entertainer of my time. Loved the Swing songs, plus all the others. The Muppets were very entertaining. I felt like I was there. Could be the size of the TV. The quality of the BluRay DVD was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Robbie at his best, can't believe someone's review of 1 star and saying he is bland and can't sing swing., 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
Robbie at his best, brilliant album can't believe someone's comment with 1 star rating saying he is bland and dreadful. This Robbie at his best absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I Got It, 5 Aug 2014
Ruthie R (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big Robbie fan and I love swing, so when he decided to record the classics and rework some of his own songs to fit the genre, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. This disc is a fine match to his "Live at the Albert Hall" show from a few years back. He may have mellowed a bit from his angry youth, but he's doing it with style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie is the best, 10 Dec 2013
WOW - what a performance - the best hour ever although not long enough! I look
forward to receiving the DVD and I can then watch it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Robbie, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant DVD. Sentimental, humour, good beats, excellent performance from Robbie and his guests. Would definitely recommend this DVD, especially to all RW fans.

Robbie Williams - One Night at the Palladium [DVD]