4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding set (just wish it was longer)
If you appreciate GLA, don’t dismiss this DVD because of its running length. Like other reviewers, I thought it seemed a rip-off at the price and so I opted to borrow it from Lovefilm, (now part of Amazon). I’m so glad I did: it may only run for 41 minutes, but GLA are so outstanding that it’s pretty much priceless.

The set list is:...
Published 3 months ago by David Peter

2.0 out of 5 stars Average
A friend of mine went to this show and said they played for well over an hour, and all this DVD contains is 40 minutes of footage, no backstage access, no interviews, nothing except songs. Don't get me wrong I love gaslight anthem but the sound is pretty crap, the filming isn't great and it doesn't deserve this price tag. Could've been so much more...
Published 5 months ago by Steve

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 18 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Who the hell edited this?, 18 Jan 2014
Ms. Claire L. Reynolds (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Huge fan of The Gaslight Anthem and was really excited about this DVD release. I don't mind that it is only 41 minutes long, that's ok - the band are immense, the songs are brilliant and Brian Fallon is on top form as always. BUT WHO THE HELL EDITED IT?! A cut every 3-4 seconds? It is absolutely nauseating to watch - the editing made my eyes ache! This kind of editing is fine for a 3 minute music video but for 40 mins. My head actually felt dizzy after.

Advice - put the DVD on in the background.

Worth 13? Unfortunately no....and that is a darn shame as it takes it away from the brilliance of The Gaslight Anthem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only 41 Minutes!!!!, 16 Jan 2014
C. Lee "bruce07lee" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
So here it is the first DVD from the great Gaslight Anthem, I have seen this band 3 times and have loved them since there first EP, but this is a dissapointment to say the least.
Don't get me wrong the songs are great but are slightly affected by a muddy muffled sound and even after putting up with this all you get is 41 minutes for over 10!!!!
When I saw them in Bristol last year they did 22 songs and I am sure it was similar in London, not just the 10 we get here.
Don't waste your money, get a ticket next time they are in the UK and see this amazing band how they should be seen and get a full setlist!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding set (just wish it was longer), 3 April 2014
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)

The set list is: ‘American Slang’; ‘The 59 Sound’; ‘Handwritten’; ‘45’; ‘Here Comes My Man’; ‘Too Much Blood’; ‘Great Expectations’; ‘Keepsake’; ‘She Loves You’; ‘Mulholland Drive’. Sound and visuals are good, capturing the vibrancy and excitement of the gig. This really is a DVD to own so now I’ll buy it.

I’ve no idea why they didn’t release the complete gig as a DVD. Perhaps the quality of some numbers was variable so they stayed on the cutting room floor. I agree that interviews with the enigmatic GLA would have been a nice extra, but there you go, it is what it is. Until now if you wanted to see what GLA are like on stage, it was either go to a live gig or watch the few clips on YouTube. This DVD plugs that gap. It may be short but I’m really glad that GLA released it.

1.0 out of 5 stars 40 minutes for 13 ?!, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I love gaslight anthem but theres no way I could justify the exorbitant cost of 13 for a mere 40 minutes of footage ... what more can I say

2.0 out of 5 stars Really Poor Sound, 21 May 2014
M. A. Holburn (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I went to this show last year. Good show but I rented this DVD out a few weeks ago with a view to buying it but now I don't think it is worth it. The reason it gets a poor rating is that the sound is awful. We had the sound system volume up at its highest and it was still low and poor.

Such a shame as it would have been good otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last "live" DVD!, 18 Feb 2014
David Toresen (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Real joy to find a live DVD of the Anthem. Great sound quality, and filmed close-up. Highly recommend this performance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
2 dam short.... :) & didn't feel like a real live recording. This band could do it much better.. !

1.0 out of 5 stars don't have it don't want it, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
after reading the other reviews i won't be buying this dvd although i am a longtime fan,i was waiting for this to come out but the reviews have put me off.

The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014]
The Gaslight Anthem Live In London [DVD] [2014] by Gaslight Anthem (DVD - 2014)
15.99