Format: DVD|Change

on 3 April 2014
If you appreciate GLA, don’t dismiss this DVD because of its running length. Like other reviewers, I thought it seemed a rip-off at the price and so I opted to borrow it from Lovefilm, (now part of Amazon). I’m so glad I did: it may only run for 41 minutes, but GLA are so outstanding that it’s pretty much priceless.

The set list is: ‘American Slang’; ‘The 59 Sound’; ‘Handwritten’; ‘45’; ‘Here Comes My Man’; ‘Too Much Blood’; ‘Great Expectations’; ‘Keepsake’; ‘She Loves You’; ‘Mulholland Drive’. Sound and visuals are good, capturing the vibrancy and excitement of the gig. This really is a DVD to own so now I’ll buy it.

I’ve no idea why they didn’t release the complete gig as a DVD. Perhaps the quality of some numbers was variable so they stayed on the cutting room floor. I agree that interviews with the enigmatic GLA would have been a nice extra, but there you go, it is what it is. Until now if you wanted to see what GLA are like on stage, it was either go to a live gig or watch the few clips on YouTube. This DVD plugs that gap. It may be short but I’m really glad that GLA released it.
on 18 January 2014
Huge fan of The Gaslight Anthem and was really excited about this DVD release. I don't mind that it is only 41 minutes long, that's ok - the band are immense, the songs are brilliant and Brian Fallon is on top form as always. BUT WHO THE HELL EDITED IT?! A cut every 3-4 seconds? It is absolutely nauseating to watch - the editing made my eyes ache! This kind of editing is fine for a 3 minute music video but for 40 mins. My head actually felt dizzy after.

Advice - put the DVD on in the background.

Worth £13? Unfortunately no....and that is a darn shame as it takes it away from the brilliance of The Gaslight Anthem.
on 18 January 2014
A friend of mine went to this show and said they played for well over an hour, and all this DVD contains is 40 minutes of footage, no backstage access, no interviews, nothing except songs. Don't get me wrong I love gaslight anthem but the sound is pretty crap, the filming isn't great and it doesn't deserve this price tag. Could've been so much more...
on 16 January 2014
So here it is the first DVD from the great Gaslight Anthem, I have seen this band 3 times and have loved them since there first EP, but this is a dissapointment to say the least.
Don't get me wrong the songs are great but are slightly affected by a muddy muffled sound and even after putting up with this all you get is 41 minutes for over £10!!!!
When I saw them in Bristol last year they did 22 songs and I am sure it was similar in London, not just the 10 we get here.
Don't waste your money, get a ticket next time they are in the UK and see this amazing band how they should be seen and get a full setlist!!!
on 10 December 2015
Considering the stunning back catalogue The Gaslight Anthem possess, this Live DVD is shocking. The majority of the material is from Handwritten (their latest album at the time of filming) which could be considered as one of their poorer efforts. The sound is also dreadful, along with the editing and not too mention the length.

Overall a very disappointing first Live DVD from a fantastic band who seem to have churned out a low quality money spinner.
on 21 May 2014
I went to this show last year. Good show but I rented this DVD out a few weeks ago with a view to buying it but now I don't think it is worth it. The reason it gets a poor rating is that the sound is awful. We had the sound system volume up at its highest and it was still low and poor.

Such a shame as it would have been good otherwise.
on 16 January 2014
I love gaslight anthem but theres no way I could justify the exorbitant cost of £13 for a mere 40 minutes of footage ... what more can I say
on 13 October 2014
Great live DVD...shame its not the complete set...I know most live DVDs cut a few songs but this seemed like a lot was missing? any way still...what is there is great. Sound could be better as far as recording quality though. Would still recommend it.
on 18 February 2014
Real joy to find a live DVD of the Anthem. Great sound quality, and filmed close-up. Highly recommend this performance.
on 14 February 2014
2 dam short.... :) & didn't feel like a real live recording. This band could do it much better.. !