Size: Xperia Z1 Compact|Colour Name: 11) FX-Clear - Set of 3|Change

on 21 February 2014
I had an @Folix protector on my old Xperia Go which I was always impressed with so when I replaced the phone with a Z1 Compact it was a no-brainer to use these. For this phone you get 3 pairs of protectors in the pack - three for the back and three for the front. Anyone with a Z1 Compact knows the back is vulnerable to scratches (more so than the glass screen in fact) so this was a nice surprise. They also include a card for pushing out bubbles and a nice quality screen cloth too. Easy to install - there are cellophane peel off bits on either side which makes the foil very rigid during installation which I find a help getting it lined up. Also the wrappers have a grid on them which makes them easier to line up and keep straight. Very few bubbles once placed, but those that were there came out easily.
What I love about these is how smooth they are to swipe over, seem much better in this respect than others.
Really good SPs - highly recommended.
on 9 March 2013
Pros:
-It fits the phone perfectly
-Feels great to touch & still very smooth even though the material is not the usual shiny ones you would get, eg. the ones provided in the phone box
-Reduces glare but also the amount of finger prints significantly!

Cons:
-I don't know if it is because it's anti-reflective material but if you really want to appreciate the phone's display quality, this does actually downgrades the quality of it. Everything will not look as sharp as it would without the screen protector, you'll see blurs/tiny pixels as the led light isn't shining through enough. Not a bid deal as it can be easier on the eyes, but for those wanting to really show the phones display off this may bug you especially when viewing images.
on 14 March 2014
I installed the protector before even powering on the device so I can't say if it affects the visibility of the display at all, but it certainly doesn't seem to. It has an almost paper-y feel to it and doesn't seem to collect fingerprints (although I've only been using it for half a day so far). The one negative I'd say is that it was an absolute bitch to fit well. I used all three for both the back and front. The final attempt on the back seems to have done the trick but the front still has a couple of air bubbles at the side which I absolutely can't get rid of - on that note the piece of card you get to scrape the bubbles out was useless, it was just disintegrating as I used it, effectively creating more dust. God knows how but the front protector also seems to have gotten scuffed already (I'm guessing from the card) as the phone's also in a flip case. If it was easier to fit/not prone to bubbles I'd give the protector a 5 star rating.
on 5 April 2014
Nice idea in principal but the grid/guidance layer does not come away from the protective layer that remains on the phone easily. As a result pulls this away from the phone allowing dust to get under the protective layer thus creating air bubbles.....exactly the reason for spending the extra money was to avoid these....Followed the instructions to the letter in a steamy bathroom. The screen protector that came with the phone was easier to fit and gave much better results my advise is buy 2.99 versions else where on amazon and search you tube to see the best way to fit!!
on 16 June 2014
Screen protectors are never easy to apply but because this pack comes with 3 protectors for the front and 3 for the back you can have plenty of attempts. I didn't follow the advice to use a steamy bathroom and applied the protector at my desk - but the protector went on very easy and I had a perfect application on the second attempt. The little cleaning cloth that comes included worked well and I didn't need the little sticker that's there to remove dust. The fit is perfect and overall I'm very pleased with this product.
on 3 July 2013
These fit the Xperia Z perfectly front and back and the back even has a square cut out to accommodate the NFC sticker... Application is effortless and you even get a hard plastic tool to make sure there are no air bubbles... Once on, they protect the phone very well, taking relatively deep scratches without the actual screen underneath getting in any way damaged. Definitely recommend.
on 28 February 2014
Goes on well IF you follow the instructions, actually goes on a bit better than other more expensive ones I've used. The cloth that comes with this is great for getting all the dust off, the best I've had with the numerous protectors I've stuck on over the years.

My only complain is that I'm not too sure about the feel of the thing, can't entirely explain why, it just drags on my fingers a little too much but I'm hoping to get used to that.

On the plus side its virtually invisible when applied and withstood sharing my pocket with my keys so its staying on :)

update 04/03/2014: Actually, I have no complaint. After using the phone with the protector on for a number of days I've found that the additional friction makes me feel less like its going to pop out of my hands like a live fish :)
on 3 April 2013
I've tried a few screen protectors for my Xperia Z (stock, Zagg, Spigen). I've never had to apply a screen protector before, so messed up a few times, wasting a lot of money, but also the feel of them (particularly the Zagg) was rubbery and pretty awful.

These atFoliX ones are by far the best, and by FAR the most economical, They come with 9 protectors - three each of front, back and (oddly) back with a cutout for the small square NFC sticker that your phone came with (and, I imagine, removed immediately like I did).

Getting any screen protector on a phone as clean, beautiful, but massively prone to showing up dust and fingerprints as the black Xperia Z is really, really tricky to do cleanly. After messing up three previous installs to one degree or another, I deferred to my wife (who is much better at these things than me), to install the atFoliX. She went through two backs and three fronts to get them on... but she's a perfectionist, and she got it perfect. These protectors fit really, really well - much better than any of the others and, if you can get them on properly, are completely invisible.

They feel really good to the touch too - effectively, exactly the same as the unprotected screen. So full marks there! At the current bargain price, I've just bought another two packs to keep by in case I need any more later. And, considering I reckon you will need to 'practice' on at least one before you get it right, these are much more cost-effective than any of the other premium screen protectors on the market.

Highly recommended!

[As an aside, I think it's absolutely criminal that Sony supply the Xperia Z from the factory in a state unfit for use. The screen has a very soft anti-shatter coating applied from the factory, but although thick screen protectors are included, there is no indication that these HAVE TO BE INSTALLED, even if you are going to keep your phone carefully in a case. What the hell? How was I supposed to know? I've never had to install screen protectors on a phone, ever. I've kept all my phones in pouches or cases, never directly in my pocket.

My Xperia Z was in a leather book case from new, and the screen showed quite deep scratches after only three days from normal use. By comparison, my three-year-old HTC Desire and four year old Blackberry, used in exactly the same way, are still pristine. The Xperia Z NEEDS additional screen protectors, even if you are going to keep it cased. The fact that these are not factory installed is a big mistake by Sony, especially competing in this market against HTC One and Samsung GS4. Actually, they should have just not skimped and used Corning Gorilla Glass - my Corning-equipped Xoom tablet takes a daily pounding from my two-year-old and is also still pristine]
on 6 April 2014
Spent quite a bit of time browsing online for screen protectors for my Z1 Compact and eventually decided on these due to the small amount of reviews commenting on the quality of this product, and I have to say, I am definitely in agreement with them.

If you follow the instructions and don't rush, you will fit the protectors easily and without problems. You get 3 front and 3 back protectors, and I still have 2 of each spare. Although the main language of the packaging and instructions are in German, there are English instructions, and step by step pics on how to apply the protectors. There's even a handy tip saying that to apply them in a dust-free room, go in the bathroom, run the hot tap and let steam build up which attracts the dust, then apply them in there. Useful, no!

The only thing I found is that because the protectors have a front screen on too which needs peeling off (the side which has the grid layout on for easy placement on screen), it could be tricky taking this level off once you had stuck the bottom of the protector to the screen. However, this was my own fault for forgetting to peel away a bit of the front before applying the bottom to my phone. But I just used my fingernail to catch the corner of the front tab and voila, it lifted away without lifting up the actual screen protector.

The screen protectors look and feel of high quality, and you can barely notice that they are on, which is exactly what I wanted. They aren't anti-fingerprint which would have been lovely but fingerprints and marks clear away from them very easily with a wipe of a t-shirt, etc. I've had them applied for a few days now, and so far no scratches of any kind, however they feel like they would be very hard to cause accidental damage to.

I'm definitely happy I purchased these over anything else on Amazon and I'm 100% glad I paid a little more than other lower-priced products because it hasn't let me down. Definitely recommend atFolix, and am hoping I have a reason to buy from them again in the future!
on 31 March 2014
I bought these protectors based on excellent reviews on the brand's other products and I did not regret it. Generally I wasn't fond of protectors, finding them they scratch far easier than a screen would (4 years with HTC desire without a protector and no scratches at all) thus having to replace them quite often, which is not always straightforward. however, with a glass case i thought my xperia would benefit from some protection on the back, and this product is absolutely ideal for the purpose.

The protector fits perfectly and the matte finish significantly reduced the slippiness and made my grip much better. I am not too keen on the front (screen) protector also being matte/ antireflex as it reduced the sharpness of the screen. But as I'm very happy with the quality of the product, I just ordered the clear protector for the front. A mixed pack of matte for back and clear for the screen would be ideal for this phone.

4 stars only because they picked up a few scratches fairly easily when I accidentally put the phone in a pocket with a few coins in. But better the protector than the screen. As stated above, I believe the hardened glass on the front would resist this damage, but the back of the phone certainly benefits from the protector, not only improving the grip and protecting the surface from scratching but also reducing the fingerprints left on the case.

Finally, these were the easiest protectors to apply in my experience, with the grid layers helping me align the protectors perfectly in the first attempt.