on 23 November 2013
This was better than expected. The case came fast and is great. It has a nice snug fit, very protective without being bulky. It will still slide into your pocket easily and is stylish in a sporty way. The hard plastic part is shiny, and the rubber part is tough. I really like this case. I drop my phone a lot and am pretty picky about my cases. I like to have several for change. This is one of the best.
on 12 December 2013
I was expecting a case to put me on until I could get something better, but I doubt that will happen now!

This case is a beautifully tight fit and gives great protection. The purple is a really vivid color and the material feels good and rigid, with the right "squidge" on the purple bit.

Unlike rubber skin cases this doesn't dry your skin out.
on 30 March 2015
This case fits the nexus 5 perfectly. I was expecting it to make the phone really big and it does when you look at it but you will not be able to notice a difference when holding it in you hand or putting it in you pocket. The colour is also a lot brighter than the pictures make out although I actually prefer it as it makes it easier to find.

Having already dropped my phone a couple of times this case offers great protection. As of yet no damage can be seen to either the case or the phone. Also the bevel on the back really helps you grip the phone and is thicker in the middle than on the sides which a thought was going to be a nuisance but actually is does not bother me at all.

The buttons fit perfectly over there counter part underneath and are a lot bigger so easier to press than on the actual phone itself, which is a plus. There is more than enough room around the aux input for all the types of aux wires I to fit comfortably and easily into the socket and the same can be said for the charging port.

The stand is a little bit useless in my opinion. The angle it puts the phone at is not very useful and there is no way to adjust it. Saying this who actually uses a stand?

Finally, it also does not interfere with my tempered glass screen protector (PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (Google Nexus 5)) which was my biggest worry when buying a case. Would definitely recommend to anyone with a nexus 5.
on 15 July 2014
I have the black one and it looks pretty good on my black Nexus 5. The port cutouts are all good, the materials are excellent and it fits well. Another positive, I can now use all of my phones screen as the side edges are not overly bulky. My last case (iBlason ArmourBox, would not recommend) was bulky at the sides and made using the very edge of the sides of the screen difficult. I also have a tempered glass screen protector fitted and they do not interfere with each other (case covers up almost all of the edges, no effect on adhesive).

I have removed one star from my rating purely down the the flip stand and the button design.

As some have said the rear flip stand does rattle a little but I don't see what the fuss is about, it's not that bad. I am a little concerned about its durability though, as the catch for the flip stand looks like it won't last, which is a shame because I've come to like using it. The buttons will take some getting used to, as to use them one handed, you do have to be holding the phone in a certain way. For the price though, I can't complain too much.

Delivery is from the USA so expect it to take a little while to arrive, even with a quick dispatch. Mine took at least two weeks to arrive from ordering so just something to be aware of if you are in desperate need for a case. For extra protection in a back pack or similar, throw it in an Amazon Basics Universal Case for Small Electronics (add-on item), which I do for work.

UPDATE Aug 2015 - Just received the blue one today so now have two. I had broken the corner off the polycarbonate back plate on my original basically through fiddling with it every day! Won't do that with my new one. My initial concern about the kickstand proved false as even though it rattled when new and felt flimsy, using it almost everyday for many months it still works like new. My new one's kickstand is very solid and does not rattle at all which is nice. Also, the kickstand can be removed/replaced if you ever need to. Just pop it slightly open and slide the larger top piece down, then the smaller piece up. This is easy to see if you seperate the polycarbonate from the silicone and look at it from the inside. Have upped my rating to 5 star based on value and how well it has aged. The buttons on my older black case are noticably better but since I use double-tap-to-wake and on screen shortcuts to sleep anyway (also for volume controls) the buttons will be rarely used. I'm sure they will improve with use.
on 6 January 2015
I gave 4 stars purely because I have not used it enough as I use another cover mostly-I bought it for when I am outside often-it is easy to fit and appears to be rugged enough for my needs-it is sturdy and the tilt mechanism is tight and works well which means when slotted back into original position it is not loose and pops out which would be hugely annoying. The cover does not impede any of the buttons and the camera works fine. It is easy to fit and slightly more difficult to take off which is a good thing-over all a good robust product
on 4 July 2014
If Batman had a case, this would be it. Its sleek and feels good to hold yet rugged and strong enough to keep my phone perfectly fine even after some really ridiculous drops. Iv never wanted to do a drop test on my phone but accidents do happen and people warned me before getting the nexus5 that the screens are prone to a good shatter. But not with this case. The worst drop was on concrete, an I was convinced I'd have to buy a new phone, but upon picking it up, nothing was wrong with it!! And I put that completely down to this case!

Also the kick stand is epic. Holding the phone you wouldn't notice it's there, but when doing the dishes, flick out the stand and I got my shows. Its like I didn't know I needed it until I had it and now I can't live without it. Even Skype, I just pop my phone on the side on the kick stand and chat.

I may sound like I'm over selling this, but I've found it great. It fits snug and tight to my phone, makes it look like the bat phone and generally is a purchase I'm really glad to have made!

And lastly, considering this came from over the pond, delivery wasnt expensive and came really fast so two thumbs up!!
on 1 May 2015
Firstly it is a strong case so it will definitely protect the case. The material is good as it is strong and also not too grippy that it makes it hard to take out of pocket unlike my other rubbery cases. The design on the back could be better than the "water drop" dents sticking out...even lines would've been better or just a smooth curved surface. The cutouts are perfect. The kickstand is really securely latched on so opening it needs quite some strength and having a nail helps too! However i think its worth it as the case isn't bulky and it is strong and HAS A KICKSTAND! I enjoy my movies and videos now :)
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2014
A nice well made rubberised cover for the phone. All the holes and gaps seem to be in the right place and the buttons all work.

This one's a bargain.

----------------

Changed to four stars after a week as the surround of the charging/micro USB port is too narrow to allow a big Amazon branded USB charging lead to connect properly. Not a major problem but a slight error in design that spoils an otherwise good product.
on 17 April 2015
If I could award less than one star I would. Take a sleek and attractive phone an encase it in an ugly, cheap feel case? Maybe not. This really is the nastiest phone case I've ever owned, give me a Ringke any day.

The butons dont work properley through the rubber side and don't even get me started on the useless easily breakable stand.

Fortunately it was cheap so I felt no guilt at all consigning it to the bin.
on 28 March 2014
I received this case when I purchased my Nexus 5 earlier this week, I thought it looked a little strange when I first got it. It performs very well and protects the phone. I find the on / off button a little difficult to press compared to other cases but no big deal. The little kick stand is also very useful.

Not the best looking case are perfect if you don't mind and just want great protection.