5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Catrin
A lovely story based on a workhouse in Pontypridd (where I was born) interesting to know how they lived at that time.
My only complaint, it ended too soon.
Published 8 months ago by Susan Pritchard-jones

3.0 out of 5 stars New author
New author and just couldn't get into it at all we get stuck reading the same books must stop downloading them
Published 1 month ago by suzy wong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars an interesting short story, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Christmas Eve in the Workhouse - A Christmas Short Story (Kindle Edition)
This was an interesting short story, although I wonder if Christmas was celebrated this much in the workhouse, ie the decorations and meal served by the public guardians on Christmas Day?
All in all I enjoyed this short story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Catrin, 24 Nov 2013
Susan Pritchard-jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
My only complaint, it ended too soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick and easy read., 29 Jan 2014
A. A. Whiting (Bangor, N Ireland.) - See all my reviews
This was my first book downloaded on my Kindle which was a Xmas present. Pretty appropriate don't you think? And good value at the price !

4.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Author, 30 Dec 2013
AS usual a great story based on fact. However the presentation of the E Book was very poorly done. The paragraphs were not defined properly so different portions of the story ran into one another. For that reason my rating is a 4 which is not the authors fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catrin Collier at her best, 4 April 2014
Very moving story, and more so as its true.I'm also Welsh, and my paternal grandmother was given to another family in the street, when her mother died.She was just 9 mths old,and the year 1901…The attention to detail is so accurate, and the situation very common place. Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 28 Mar 2014
reminds one that there is humanity left in this world. so little shown these days you tend to forget.thanks catering for reminding me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathrin collier, 12 Mar 2014
A Christmas short story another great book by this. Author always has me pulled into the story the workhouse is now a hospital

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 19 Feb 2014
Engrossing story showing the hardships which we are lucky to have never known. A close knit community helping each other at times of need.

5.0 out of 5 stars non stop, 3 Feb 2014
I loved this story from start to finish, I couldn't put it down. The story speeds along at an exciting pace but the ending was predictable unfortunately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 Jun 2014
S. Perkins "Sharon booklover" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This wasn't quite what I was expecting. I guess I was expecting a Dickensian workhouse setting. It was well written and I enjoyed it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›