on 17 June 2015
This game looked great when unboxed - the board is very detailled and embellished with lots of design and colours. Unfortunately, the game itself is so dull!! I started to play this with 2 friends and we gave up after 10 minutes because it wasn't engaging. All you do is go around the board picking up "bells" - there's no real skill involved and no surprises. You just pick up bells or lose them. I wouldn't recommend this game, sadly - it needs a major overhaul.
on 19 April 2015
I bought this on impulse and whilst the look of the game is decent (albeit the maid and footman pieces are cheap badly cut out card figures) my partner and I got bored within about fifteen minutes. The premise of the game is good but it is lacking something that would add an element - *anything* would do - of excitement. There isn't really anything to care about in the gameplay. Maybe it would be more fun with more than two people, but after all it is advertised as 2 - 6 people so should be as enjoyable regardless. I offer my congratulations to the creator of the Destination series for making something so painfully dull into such a success.
on 24 April 2014
Basically a good, easy to play game for all age groups but it's over far too quickly. I'm sure more things could have been incorporated into the game to make it more interesting and challenging.
on 5 April 2014
I love the idea of this game - it's a bit like Candyland and Aggravation all wrapped into one. You pick a card, move to your allocated spot and receive 'bells' from Mr. Carson as a reward. You can also bump people all the way back to the beginning if you land on their same spot so beware! Tons of fun for kiddies to seniors and it makes for a wonderful game night for the whole family!!
on 29 January 2016
Clearly, these so called negative reviewees haven't played the alternative version 'Strip Downton'.
The rules are modified so each bell represents an item of clothing you must remove. When my girlfriend who was in her underwear got a Carson card to put clothes on, I was most displeased.
Regardless we did both end up -naked- in Lord Grantham's bedroom and no manner of letters from dear Aunts would stop us from engaging in a magnificent evening of good honest naked fun.

NOT recommended for playing with immediate family or indeed family at all. That would be tomfoolery
on 2 February 2014
Although this was released too late for the Christmas 2013 sales period, this really is a great family game. You get the hang of it really quickly and need to employ a bit of a game plan to finish first. Our family loved this on Boxing Day as it doesn't go on forever.
on 23 January 2014
Fantastic board game exploring the famous Abbey. As a Downton fan I loved the detail of the board. Game play was fun and exciting!
on 23 January 2014
Top quality game, hours of family fun. Perfect for all Downton fans and will recommend to family and friends. Its a beautiful board as well!
on 31 January 2014
We have played this game and love it. Easy to learn and Carson cards and Letters add the Downton magic. Absolutely recommend!
on 3 February 2016
We played this game after watching Downton Abbey at Christmas time. It wasn't a bad game, but the mechanics aren't particularly well through and it's more a game of luck than skill. You spend a lot of time rolling the dice and going back and forth in the house and who wins largely comes down to luck - who gets the rooms closest to them and what they roll. A nice way to spend one afternoon but the game takes so long that two of the players got bored halfway through and left. The Downtown references were fun though.

See one answered question