5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective charging case that looks great!
Tried ordering from a different sender (SunnyB) and had an infinite amount of problems. So I decided to pay a bit more and go direct to AmazonUK's centre.

So on to the main point of the review:

Published 15 months ago by Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but it won't last a year
For the price I paid at the time (about £60) this should last for longer than 11 months. It's had fair use but nothing abnormal. It protects the phone very well, and gives the battery a good boost when you need it- activate it at 20% battery and it'll get you back up to 70%-80%.

Published 1 month ago by ABWeddingVideos

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective charging case that looks great!, 24 Feb. 2014

So on to the main point of the review:

When the case arrived it was well packaged and easy enough to open. There's also a charge cable included (mini USB) and just FYI there's no plug only the charger but that wasn't an issue to me. It does add some size (you can definitely feel the difference) to the iPhone 5S but really that's exactly what you should expect with a battery pack case since it has to house so much power. So far I'm really enjoying it! It works excellent and does add a considerable amount of battery life to the iPhone. This makes using it for days in work no hassle and you don't have to worry at all about watching something completely killing the battery. I absolutely adore the colour! I think it look wonderful and really adds more character to the iPhone. One point I will make clear is that those of you considering purchasing it should note that it ISN'T matte but also neither is it shiny and cheap looking, it's pretty much a solid red (kind of between the two, closer to matte). I've not found that it restricts my phone signal at all, it seems pretty much the same as before. There also seem to be no signs of it being easy to scratch either so far which is great.

All in all I wholly endorse this charging case. Ver impressive and I can see it lasting a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubles the battery life, 8 July 2013
Read the other reviews but I can only add that it has extended the phone to 2 days for me. Couldn't have asked for more!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but it won't last a year, 7 April 2015

But less than a year after buying it brand new, the lightning connector is failing and constantly disconnects and reconnects, making the phone vibrate like a maniac in your pocket when it's on silent. If it's not on silent it just chimes and doesn't shut up.

For that reason, I'm going to give a different manufacturer my money for my charger case this time.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but wish i'd bought bigger one, 31 May 2013
the helium is ok, they claim it will charge the phone by 80% in practice this seems closer to 50-60%.

if i was buying again i'd get the air model offering up to 100% charge, or even the juicepack plus which offers up to 120%, so in practice maybe 1 full charge which would be useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mophie Juice Pack Helium Battery Case (Worn with cosmetic issues) Excellent Value for Money, 12 May 2015
Mr. P. R. Coysh "peter coysh PM's Place" (Portslade, United KIngdom) - See all my reviews
Was advertised as second-hand, - with scratches etc but in full working order. The case arrived safely, and was as stated however, the purchase was a good one, since it works perfectly, and functions exactly as it should. As a portable (Power-Pack) the Mophie Juice Pack, is absolutely superb, - complimented now by a new Battery, with twice the normal output, My I-Phone 5 is now something special in itself!
Further, I would advise anyone considering a purchase to go ahead I personally believe that they will NOT be disappointed, and more to the point have a portable power source, which serves as a protective case and further compliment the normal shorter than average battery life associated with all Apple I-Phones. A feature that though they claim to have addressed, it is my opinion that .they have not done so.
In conclusion- Overall an Excellent purchase, and very good value for money!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but slightly impractical, 12 Jan. 2014
Cristiano G. Betta (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The Mophie makes for a great case but it has it's impracticalities. It does protect your phone but annoyingly it does heat up quite a bit when discharging. Also the lack of Lightning port (it uses a Micro USB port) is quite annoying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt out charger, 16 Aug. 2014
Was soo happy with this products at first wen I got it but 4 months down the line my phone got sooo hot it was unreal and iv had trouble with the charger getting it In and now the charger inside the case as "burnt out" it's all melted inside..not happy at all....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very happy, as a case it does do the job, 25 July 2014
I was led to by this battery case because it is the "official" partner of Apple. Not very happy, as a case it does do the job. As a battery it does not. I noticed it runs out quickly straight away but then thought I should test it. I fully charged the phone and the case, played music, checked emails did this and that... in 4 hours my phone's battery went to 99%.

So the "Additional 8 hours talktime and Internet use on 3G" and "Additional 10 hours on WiFi & 40 hours audio playback" statements are not true

I have bought cheaper battery cases here on amazon in the past for my iphone 4. I can assure you those £20 - £25 versions of some 4200mAh do much better job. The don't look any worse either (in terms of appearance design)

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't ask for anything more, 29 Sept. 2014
Steph Kelly (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I absolutely adore my mophie! I DO get a lot of people telling me they wouldn't be able to cope with it because it does make the phone a lot bigger in all directions and a lot heavier, but personally that is how I like my phones and that was what stopped me from getting an iphone for so long. The charge the case provides is a lot more than expected,

The one negative I will say is the paint on the edges are starting to chip away slightly. That being said, if it does continue to chip and gets to the point it started to look ugly, I wouldn't hesitate in replacing it with the same one because I have been so happy with its performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery case, shame about the connection!, 4 Jan. 2015
At last my phone last longer than 12 hours. I am not the most high use iPhone owner. Prior to purchasing this piece of lovely kit I used all the tricks to eek out the batts, a little longer (reminiscent of the Apollo 13 re-entry procedure!).

No all I do is flick the switch and I get at least double the battery life.

+ Sturdy case (Thrown on the floor a couple of times!)
+ Excellent additional battery life, no fear of running 0% by lunch time!
- No screen protection
- The case changes the cable connection from Apple's lighting connect to a mini USB thing.... making all previously cables useless!