on 26 February 2014
This bundle is ridiculously good for the money. Personally I don't think it is very clear in the description, but for £189.99 you get the 3 games listed, the Wii U Console etc. but you in fact get 2 Wii Remote plus controllers (both coming with cases). By my math you're getting two controllers and 3 games which when bought separately would cost over £100 (on Amazon) so this really is astonishing value, essentially the Wii U itself is only £80 and comes with enough memory for game saves and system updates so as long as you aren't planning to download your games you will be fine; otherwise you could always get an external hard drive.

With current games like Zelda, Mario 3D World and upcoming games like Mario Kart and Smash Brothers the Wii U has the best games library out of all the next gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) so it is worth getting now and waiting for the other consoles libraries to pick up.
on 14 May 2015
My 9 year old daughter loves playing Nintendo Land, Wii Party U and Just Dance 2014, with her family or by herself. Other great family multiplayer games on the Wii U, which we also enjoy playing together are as follows: Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 8, Super Samsh Bros, Mario 3D World, Sonic Racing Transformed and Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U).
I must warn people about the lack of memory for the basic model. My daughter has only downloaded Art Academy and DLC for Mario Kart 8. When we tried downloading the dlc2 for Mario Kart 8, we were give a message saying there wasn't enough memory. I found this to be fairly upsetting and I can highly recommend the MiniPro 1TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive for Nintendo Wii U, which works like a dream for the Wii U.
I brought the Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black for myself on the launch day and in reflection, it may have been better to get my daughter the same model. Anyway the Wii U is a excellent little console, which is reliable and well built. The GamePad is brilliant for playing games off the tv, in single player mode and Nintendo games look wonderful in full HD. Also Miiverse is a friendly social network, where people post drawings, screen shots and talk about games.
People always say the Wii U doesn't have enough games, well they are wrong. Besides the games I have mentioned already, I own and have enjoyed playing the following games: Donkey Kong Country Tropical: Freeze, Pikmin 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, ZombiU, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, Lego: City Undercover, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2, Fifa 13, Need For Speed: Most Wanted U, Mass Effect 3, Sonic: Lost World, 007 Legends, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, Batman: Arkham City, Lego: Marvel Super Heros, Assassin's Creed 3 & 4, Hyrule Warriors, Rayman Legends, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Disney Infinity, Darksiders 2, New Super Mario Bros U and Star Wars Pinball.
There are plently of good games to look forward to as well and that's not including all the budget games that you can download from e-shop, which many of my miiverse friends enjoy.
on 23 February 2014
great value this bundle,3 games call it £15 pound a game 2 wii remotes included as well with built in motion plus say £40 pounds each means your paying about £65 for the wii u and gamepad, unbeatable value kids have not stopped playing it all weekend happy kids=happy parents and a happy wallet :)
on 22 March 2014
Its a really great bundle if you didn't have will before as it comes with 3 games and 2 controllers... Great for all family fun...
on 11 January 2014
She's six ;-) Great for the kids and there are a few adult games available too. If you're getting this as a birthday or Xmas present for a child, do yourself a favour and set the software up first - there are a lot of software updates to install and you don't want to be watching a progress bar with a disappointed child.
on 12 September 2014
Terrific value. The bundle comes with a white Wii U console and main game/touchpad controller, 2 official wii remote motion plus controllers with clear silicon covers (one with the console, one with the Wii Party U game), and 3 games; Just Dance 2014, Nintendoland and Wii Party U.

This is the 8Gb version of the Wii console, but it's easily upgraded with an SD card or USB drive. We had a Wii for years, and all the games and hardware from the Wii are compatible with the Wii U, so we can use the original Wii controllers and Balance Board with the new console.

Mostly we bought it for Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Bros (bought separately), and the graphics are superb (HD Mario at last). 4 player split screen Mario Kart 8 looks fantastic and runs smooth as silk.

A brilliant family package. Go Nintendo.
on 28 February 2014
Great bundle!!! The best choice for the money. Everybody is happy!Play three games from Nintendo just class!Turn up the music and move your body!
on 22 March 2014
This was a gift for my 8 year old .its so much fun. Just dance has to be the the most energetic game. Can be better than a work out at the gym..
on 26 June 2014
In my honest opinion, this is the best value for money package you can buy if you are looking to buy something to entertain a family or a group of 2-3 or more.

Many people say the basic is rubbish because of the measly amount of internal storage, but that is no problem at all if you have any old USB knocking around. I myself had a spare 16GB which I plugged into the back and now I have the 8gb + 16gb. After latest updates, there's still plenty of space. It's also worth noting you can plug-in up to two USB memory sticks, so space really is no issue at all.

I knew there was an improvement in graphics from the original Wii, but I really am impressed with the beautiful graphics on this machine, especially on Mario Kart 8 and Zelda Wind Waker HD.

What Nintendo Wii U does that no other game console on the market does, is bring a whole lot of fun and enjoyment to everyone to everyone in your household. From hardcore gamers to people that have never played a game before, it really is such a pleasure to get together with all your family and have a go.

Having owned a PS4 from day one, I love the competitive online multiplayer games on that, but there is nothing on the PS4/XB1 or even PS3/X360 that can offer a local multiplayer experience like the Wii U does.
on 29 May 2014
This package is really good value!

Motion Plus Controller £35
Wii U Party inc Motion Plus Controller £35
Just Dance 2014 £18
Nintendoland £13

Total for extras £101. That means the console itself is costing you £99! That's great value in my book.

with all the focus on the Xbox One and PS4 many people are not looking at the Wii U. To be honest, up until two weeks ago I never gave it a thought. How wrong was I !!!!!

My Xbox One which I got for Christmas has had a few hours use at best. To be honest, it's boring! Whilst the Wii U may not have amazing graphics (technically its the same GPU performance as the PS3 so not bad when you look at GT6) the games are brilliant, and so much fun to play. The best games like mario are cartoon graphics anyway, and look stunning! Watch the youtube videos for Mario Kart 8 and tell me that's not one fantastic looking game!!

Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong!! Don't think about it, just get one! I've played more on the Wii U in the last two weeks than I did my Xbox One since Christmas! Plus, you can still play Wii Bowling :-)