4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit at first, but Orb sorted that issue v quickly
I bought one of these from another retailer, only to find that the Kinect did not fit the top plate of the mount... It did not click in place or fit securely.

So I gave up on it and just plonked the Kinect at the base of the TV, which was hardly ideal.

Published 12 months ago by M. Dodd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, poorly designed
Does not hold the kinect securely enough, tried everything. Tried on 4 different tvs still the same problem. Even the slightest of movement will make the kinect fall off and can't risk that.

It's going in the bin
Published 9 months ago by Dark lord

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit at first, but Orb sorted that issue v quickly, 7 Dec 2013
M. Dodd - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORB Kinect Camera TV Clip/Wall Mount (Xbox One) (Accessory)

But then I saw some of the reviews here from people who said they contacted Orb and got a replacement that worked. Apparently the issue was down to a small number of incorrect mounts going out, which was why some people said it was awful and other people said it worked well.

I contacted Orb earlier this week via their website and via their Twitter account, and received prompt replies from both. They apologised for the issue, and promised to send me a replacement top part for the mount.

It arrived on Friday via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For, and... it fits! My Kinect is now mounted securely on top of my TV.

It's not as good as the mount I used for my Xbox 360 Kinect, but it does the job. I may get a different mount in future if I see one I prefer the look of, but for now this one is sufficient and is a lot better than just having the Kinect at the base of the TV.

I cannot fault Orb's customer service, either. They were excellent, fast, and helpful.

EDIT:

Contact details for Orb -

[...]

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!!!, 5 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Really pleased with this mount. Have had no issues at all - does exactly what it says and was easily fitted (even by me!). Fantastic price too - would highly recommend to anyone thinking of purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Kinect doesn't click into place, contact Orb!, 9 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Like a few others, I received a 'faulty' Kinect mount. The measurements were incorrect so my Kinect did not click into the housing plate.
I contacted Orb directly, by email, to confirm this.
I received a reply within the hour and they told me that there were a few faulty ones that had gone out and that they would send me a replacement housing plate with the right measurements. I also had a few questions about fitting the mount to my oddly-shaped TV so I sent some photos across and got some very helpful tips.
My replacement housing plate arrived today and it fits perfectly. Also, as a goodwill gesture, they sent me some thumb grips and a play and charge kit too which was brilliant :)
I'm very happy with the great customer service received from Orb and if anybody is having problems with their mount then do email them directly before leaving a bad review, as they are so very helpful.
Thanks again Orb!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great and fits tv perfectly, 28 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
On the original Kinect the stands I got did not fit my tv. Its an older flat screens so fairly wide. This is a brilliant system that allows you to adjust to the tvs width and they you do up the screws and it fits tightly and securely round tv with a small lip that goes over the top. Kinect fits snugly in mount so really cannot see it falling out. Although when installing I noticed the Kinect has a screw hole in the bottom. It would have been nice if it used this but is secure any way. Poor reviews must have had faulty batch. It also includes the screws and plugs if you want to put on tv

5.0 out of 5 stars The bigger tv also works, 26 Nov 2013
Changed this from my flat screen tv downstairs to my bigger fatter tv upstairs as the misses was complaining about me playing too much xbox (I paid 430 quid for this luv and FIFA is ledge!!) and also fits my old deeper samsusng 32" happy days!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 13 Mar 2014
Comes in two pieces which just push together to make the mount as shown in the pic. The Kinnect clips in place and the unit is adjustable to fit different panel shapes.
After the Kinnect is in place and secure and mounted don't forget to rerun the Kinnect set up. It sees a lot more of my room now it is higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, all problems solved!, 31 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When i first looked at the reviews i was worried that the product wouldn't fit but i took the plunge and bought it. Delivery was fast and its a amazing, it clips into the kinect securely and when the screws are tightened firmly its as solid as a rock. Sits nice and secure on top of my TV, no problems whatsoever. All of the original problems it originally had have now all been fixed in the newer batches. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, poorly designed, 6 Mar 2014

It's going in the bin

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, 19 May 2014
Tried fitting this on top of the telly, but it stuck out too far. If you have a slim telly that is fixed close to the wall then be prepared to drill it into the wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect does as expected, 19 Sep 2014
Kinect fits perfectly to this. When I got this product it was the only mount available for the new Kinect. There were reviews saying it was flimsy and didn't hold on to your tv correctly. I didn't have and of these issues. The Kinect clicks on and you adjust the angle of the stand and it holds it in place perfectly. Really happy with this product.

ORB Kinect Camera TV Clip/Wall Mount (Xbox One)