All 3 of our Sony PS4 controllers split on the left joystick. (If this happens to you, contact Sony via SEN - by email first, then they tell you to phone; they will eventually answer and make it sound like you are the first who ever had this issue but you're not; they will send you a freepost label and eventually (eventually) a new controller.)

However... for a...
Published 7 months ago by Debbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Published 5 months ago by Dave Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat fit for an easy and cheap prevention of a known problem., 29 Aug. 2014
Debbie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)

However... for a couple of quid, these little marvels cover the joy stick. 2 different pairs in the pack; a 'taller' pair and a 'ribbed' pair. Ace solution.

Easy to fit IF you turn them inside out, place them centrally on the joystick and then flip the edges back over. Trying to fit them by stretching didn't work for me.

Once fitted, they look and feel as if you don't have them on at all; we put them on both joysticks but I guess you could just do the left one but it might feel unbalanced.

So, our new plan: we are replacing (one by one...grrr) all 3 controllers, then popping these covers on the new ones to avoid the problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
The rubber cover on the left analogue stick of my PS4 Controller split and came off within a month or so of getting it (and I've not really used it that much!), Anyway these thumb grips are good, however I think they are meant to fit over the existing damaged rubber coating, mine had totally come off on the left stick so the grip doesn't have enough purchase on the stick and kept coming off - easily remedied with a lump of blu-tac underneath it though... overall a decent solution

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use came on time and cant complain most ..., 16 Dec. 2014
Simple, easy to use

came on time and cant complain

most likely saved me a bit of money as i was going to get my left stick on my controller replaced but these just fitted over it and i can still play my ps4 as if nothing is different.

warning the "well" in the centre of the 2nd set of covers is quite deep and would recommend the first set if you want an normal ps4 feel!

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH GETTING, 13 Dec. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
I bought these because of the reports of the rubber on the dualshock 4 wearing out and although mine hasn't worn out at all I thought I'd get them just to be on the safe side. They fit well, don't slip off and I don't even notice they're on so they're definitely worth getting. I'd rather pay £3 for these than £50 for a new controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up...no i mean down...No, up!, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
These little rubber guys are fantastic.

I recieved my PS4 on release day and after only approx 60 hours of play since then the rubber on the left analog stick was hanging off.

I found out that this is a common fault and Sony do not intend for this to happen and they are honouring manufacturer warranty so I sent my PS4 DualShock back and got a fresh replacement, needless to say I didn't want it happening again as its a bit of pain to keep sending things off so I chucked these little buggers on and now there is no problem at all, fit nicely, no movement, better grip and no wear and tear, I am thoroughly happy!

Id say i have never been happier to own little rubber devices that save me a lot of ballache.....but that would be a lie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to for this excellent product. The thumb grips are made out of silicon and are of excellent quality. Once fitted you can't notice that they are even there. They are on par with the duelshock 4 grips if not better. They are a must own as there are some reports staying that the duelshock 4 analogs wear away quickly. For £3 they are worth the investment in order to protect your controller. The installation can be quite difficult at first, however I found that the best way to put them on was by turning them inside out and placing them on the analog. Then flip them back to how they are to ensure a tight fit

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
I bought these upon hearing about the problem of the rubber wearing on the ps4 thumbsticks, so I got them and put a set on my DS4 and my brothers too.

I didn't realise until I got them that it is actually two different sets in the packet, one pair of convex grips that have many dots sticking out all over it, and a concave set with 4 dots at north, south, east and west, like an XB360 controller.

I had the great idea of putting a convex on L3 and a concave one on R3. It allows great precision for sprinting and aiming in BF4 and CoD. I imagine they would suit football games too but I'm no fan of that stuff

10\10

3.0 out of 5 stars All in all a decent additon to the original ( ow desptroyed) covers but would be better if some for of fixing was available, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
My original rubber covers were very quickly destroyed by my over enthusiastic FIFA 15 playing. Adding these covers has improved the feel of the controller but, be aware if you are an enthusiastic player (i.e you apply some force to the controller stick in some circumstances,) you will find yourself constantly having to replace these covers adn in some cases this is not a quick process (especially after a few scoops).
This is particularly prevalent for the larger covers.

All in all a decent additon to the original ( ow desptroyed) covers but would be better if some for of fixing was available.
The feel of them is very good however.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a steal, 29 July 2014
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
Ok so i just picked up my PS4 about a week ago and as i was about to pay the chap at GAME said to me i should pay an extra £60 for cover on the controller as they tend to wear out really quickly and i will need replacements. Luckily enough i didnt have an extra £60 after i had just spent £500 and declined his offer. I then stumbled across these beauties for £2 quid and they are fantastic, fit perfectly and if anything have made play better on MP games due to the extra grip.

So happy with them and for that price you cant go wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended mod, 4 Mar. 2015
Darren Selley "deltaforce78" (london, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4) (Accessory)
Going from the Xbox One and Xbox 360 controller (used on PC) to the PS4 controller, I feel like my thumbs slip off the sticks easily.

These thumb grips prevent it happening.

Now if only the controller was a bit bigger, or the trigger buttons were more curved, as my index fingers slip off those!

No my fingers and thumbs are not sweaty. I don't have these issues with the other controllers. Could just be that the X controllers are better suited to larger hands.

Anyway this product is recommended.

ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4)