Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 January 2014
Wow! You don't want to be listening to this album with a hangover. From the eerie Sabbathesque opener to the power ballad closer - and by "power" I mean "POWER" - this album beats you over the head with its unyielding, persistent strength and force. I mean just check out the album and track titles. That tells you all you need to know. Now I have to admit that when it comes to "metal" I tend towards the more traditional strain, Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica and the like, so don't tend to enjoy the more "extreme", "shouty" (sorry about the preponderance of "s) end of the genre, but for me this straddles both quite nicely. Sure the verses are a tad "shouty" but the choruses are glorious, ensemble jobs. Proper choruses that will go down a treat performed live I'm sure. It's not until we get about 2/3rds of the way through that we get a respite in the form of "If I could see you" and I have to say, this would make a great single if such things are still worth releasing. Am I tempting fate a bit by suggesting it is almost Bon Jovi esque? Well maybe that's going too far but all I can say is that I really enjoyed listening to this album, in fact it's on its third run through this morning as I type this, and it is probably Iced Earth's best work to date. Want to wake up the neighbours? Play this LOUD!
on 8 January 2014
Just the cover art worth the albun but it is far from be just this. In my opinion, this albun is sharing the first place with Dark Saga and Something Wicked....
Since Horror Show I haven't seen a albun with so many good songs that you want to play each one again before the next... no weak track... top quality production, instrumental and vocal. By the way, this vocal work does not have the "falsetes" like the albun before. I felt a level up on this point. To me, replace Matt is not so easy... Matt is Iced Earth's vocal classic, but I have to admit this new vocalist have made such a good job!
Perfect!!!
on 16 January 2014
This album is epic, I still prefer Dystopia since I liked the theme of that album a bit more, but musically I love Stu's vocals and the album itself is awesome. To be honest, there is 1 track I'm not fond of, but given the number of tracks on the album, that is a very small number, the others are keepers :). As for the outro track, you want to listen to it, it's short but funny, I'm surprised they actually put it on the disc!

Unfortunately, when they made my first copy they attached the cover of the book containing my discs upside-down, but I contacted Amazon support and they sorted it out with perfect customer satisfaction!
on 20 January 2014
TOP power metal mixing elements of Iron Maiden and Metallica. A lot great riffs backed up with solid complex rhythm structures. Incredible vocal range used all over the record, from growling and low tones to incredible high tones. These songs should be a challenge to sing live, but I can confirm that Stu can delivery it!.
on 16 January 2014
one of the best Iced Earth albums, darker than the previous one,I can't stop listening it,buy it , don't wait any longer :)
on 10 February 2014
A prime slab of old school influenced metal, heavy riffs with galloping baselines that Steve Harris would be proud of highly recommended, go and see the on tour if you get chance they won't disappoint
on 19 October 2014
New album from Iced Earth and it's unbelievable. Must album for all fans of Iced Earth. The tracks of album are amazing one by one. Buy it or die!!!
on 16 May 2014
good iced earth album.
a few thrashier hits on this album, a band for anyone who would like to hear a thrashier Iron maiden
on 4 May 2015
I wish the whole album was mixed in 5.1. Hopefully Iced Earth will release more sets like this in the future.
on 18 March 2015
Jon Schaffer never sells out and never fails to deliver the goods.