‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
For the first time, in 13 years, my home office was getting a make over and I decided to replace my aging desk. I had searched around and had budgeted much more .. then I found these desks. Wow! What a bargain ... so much so that I ordered 2 (for less than I was expecting to pay for 1)!

The desks arrived very quickly indeed and then sat in our hall waiting the floor to go down in my home office. I was a little bit apprehensive about what the desks were going to be like and the quality ... but I need not have worried. They came in 2 boxes each; one containing the 3 uprights and the other containing everything else. The instructions said it would take an hour to put together and I have to say that 2 hours later I did have two fully assembled desks in my home office (the most complicated bit was getting the drawer metalwork the right way around .. but the instructions were pretty clear and everything fitted together as expected .. a tribute to the manufacturing process). Once assembled they are pretty sturdy.

The drawer isn't massive, but more than big enough for smaller bits and bobs. I was very happy to find my large computer tower fitted in the cupboard with enough 'breathing' space for ventilation (I was a bit concerned on whether or not it would fit). Two holes at the back allow cables to come into the cupboard area. I have my 24" LED screen, a pair of speakers, full size keyboard, mousemat and scanner all on the desk and I still have enough area for a writing pad and the all important cup of tea.

Overall I am absolutely delighted with these desks and for 80 a shot including delivery (other Amazon sellers are 50% more) this really is a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
LOOKS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IT IS.VERY STURDY. GREAT COLOUR.GOOD SIZE.TOOK A WHILE TO BUILD BUT WORTH IT.WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DESK!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
clearly not actually oak, but for the money this is superbly made and just what is needed for a child/youth's desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size desk, 20 Feb 2014
O. Syed (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
I keep a 14" laptop and a 23" monitor on this table with enough space for writing. The space under the desk is just enough to fit in an executive style chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent desk, highly recommended, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
A very solid desk which is a good size for me at a very competitive price. A little tricky to decipher the diagrams when assembling the drawer but other than that fairly easy. Speedy delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars desk, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
Desk is very sturdy and easy to assemble managed this on my own the colour was a. Bit lighter than I would have liked but love the desk

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality for the price. Sturdy and great size too., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
This is a solid bit of kit.

With a second kid about to arrive I was turfed out of what is now the nursery so my office had to be miniaturised. Without this desk I don't think I could have done it. It's a great blend of size, cost and build quality.

A few points:

BUILD QUALITY

- Good quality veneer, not to thin and looks good.
- Super thick and sturdy top panel. It's about an inch thick and doesn't bend at all.
- Strong drawer mechanism and quality door hinges
- Nice pair of holes for cable management in the cabinet section
- Decent clip bolts and screws used throughout

This thing take a good while to put together, especially on your own, but it a slow and steady type affair and everything is explained well enough in the manual. Once it is together it is really solid and I've got total confidence in it.

I would say though, this is not the sort of thing that you take apart and put back together if you are moving house or something. I move about once every year at the moment and I won't be taking this apart for easier travel. The top panel (desk bit) it crucial for stability and strength so think of this as a solid bit of kit that doesn't come apart once made.

SIZE AND ADJUSTABILITY

I have but a m-ITX based computer in the cabinet. The air flow is atrocious but leaving the door open and an excess of fans ensure that even when gaming with a HD7950 inside temperatures are manageable .

For the top of the desk I found an oak veneer shelf in Ikea for 10 and had a couple of legs hanging around. A few screws later and I have a raised platform to put a couple of monitors on. The desk is easily wide enough to accommodate two 22inch monitors but it's not that deep, so a raised shelf to recover some space for writing on a notepad or something is very welcome.

IN USE

Having used this for about a month I think it's great. Such a good price/performance ratio with this. My large chair fits under comfortably, I'm close to the screens, the drawer holds the bits and bobs I need and the cabinet easily holds my computer - all whilst looking good and taking up less room than many desks out there.

THE TWO THINGS THAT ARE NOT GREAT

Firstly, the handles! They're a bit cheap and nasty but they're easily replaceable so if it bugs you then I'm sure you can find others you will like.

Secondly, the little cover things they give you to go over the screw heads are naff. They just look awful and I left mine off, plus they don't really stay in that well. Personally, I think you'd be better off without them and leave the screws showing.

CONCLUSION

Buy this. Seriously, it's a great compromise of price and quality. To get better you would have to go full solid wood at hundreds of pounds. In which case, why are you even looking at this???!!! If you want a decent desk for the right price, you've just found it.

Massively recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 April 2014
J. Harrison (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
Wanted a new desk to put my Mac on,didn't want the usual computer desk and this fit the bill. Arrived quickly,easy to assemble (if you have basic DIY knowledge ) once up is heavy and sturdy,a good buy at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Desk supplied by Rymans, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
After a succession of desks that did not last for long enough. I thought I would take a punt by spending a little more. I bought the desk and having assembled it, I thought that I had a bargain, so much so I order a second one a few weeks later.

Next day delivery- in two well packed boxes - was a doddle to assemble single handed and is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced and strong, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Sherwood Desk - Color: Oak Effect (Office Product)
The desk is strong, fit for purpose and with good assembly instruction. Although, some non-technical guys might struggle with construction, only 20 to 30 minutes to put together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›