Baptized (Deluxe Version)
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 9 December 2013
I have to confess - I was never a HUGE fan of Daughtry. I thought their first album was ok, preferred Leave This Town but then, kaboom, I absolutely ADORED Break The Spell. It was the best album I'd bought in years. Songs like Everything But Me, Spaceship, Rescue Me, Gone Too Soon etc had me wondering how they could possibly top it. I suppose you could say I preferred the more mellow side of the band. Songs like Renegade and You Don't Belong, with their thumping riffs and reverbed vocals, never appealed much to me. So I guess an album like Baptized was always the one I was hoping for. Fans of the rockier side of Daughtry will doubtless be disappointed but how long can a man sing hard rock songs before he needs to chill a little?

So the hard rockers may hate it but for melodic rock lovers this album is musical heaven. It's utterly fantastic and I can't stop listening to it. From the meaty tempo of Baptized to the cool rock of Waiting For Superman the album never misses a beat. Just over half way comes the majestic two piece of The World We Knew and High Above The Ground, the latter aptly named as the song simply soars. The quality doesn't end there though with Broken Arrows, Witness, the snarling Traitor and the atmospheric 18 Years all piling more tasty goodness on an already scrumptious pudding.

I'm sure Daughtry will bring back the rock on their next album but for now I'm going to enjoy this musical diversion. Sure, it's definitely pop oriented but it's still Daughtry at the end of the day. If you like Waiting For Superman then it's indicative of the album. The wonderful melodies and vocals endure on Baptized - just expect a softer album than before. You might just love it. I certainly do.
on 21 November 2013
We all know it was a massive risk from the band to do a softer type of music for this album but personally I feel this album is still as good as the others in it's own way. Obviously not everybody will love this album because of the change but songs like 'Broken Arrows', 'Battleships', and 'Traitor' show the diversity of the band which is one of the many reasons they are so awesome!!
on 15 December 2013
This is the further album by Daughtry and it does not disappoint. Previous three were all superb, full of catchy choruses, and Baptized is just the same. Slighty different feel to some of the tracks than previous albums, almost a touch of folk or country on some tracks, but they still work. Standout tracks are Baptized, Battleships, Waiting for Superman and the incredibly catchy and name checking Long Live Rock and Roll. Buy the deluxe version as you can't get enough Daughtry
on 12 January 2014
I love daughtry and think this is their best yet.To me, easily the best act from American idol.
All songs get into your brain from the first listen and get better withm each play
on 18 December 2013
Lots of whiner reviews complaining that its not the hardcore rock they had in the last last 3 albums. Newsflash, it's not supposed to be, Chris and band wanted to try something a little different, something all good bands do from time to time. Not quite the perfect album, would have liked a few more tracks and more bonus ones -- 4.5 stars would be my score, but Amazon still don't allow half stars!

That said there are a quite a few decent tracks to play from this album, all tracks have good lyrics, but everyone (including me, when i read these reviews) wants to find the key tracks with the good melodies and riffs -- songs to stick in your mind. The deluxe edition has a few extra tracks with 'Undefeated' being very good.

Obviously the stand out tracks are the first single, 'Waiting for Superman', just wait for the 2:10 mark, it really kicks off, 'Baptize' is catchy and 'Long Live Rock & Roll' has fantastic references to rock bands of old, and very memorable song. The remainder like 'Battleships', 'I'll Fight', and 'Wild Heart' are good tracks worth time in your play-lists.

I'm sure most Daughtry fans will appreciate what the band were doing with this album and let the tracks grow on you -- there are some cracking songs and I look forward to what they do next!
on 2 December 2013
I am a big Daughtry fan, and I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this new album. The songs are great, however the production sucks. And I wish wish wish that they stop using the Cher type harmoniser on his vocals, as it kills the edge on his voice, and makes him sound like a singing robot, just not natural !!
I am not sure if they meant to produce the songs in such a pop style, but if there are some Rockers on here , then they are well hidden. I am sure live the songs will kick ass, but on "baptized", they just whimper from track to track.. I am sorry to say that, but it's the truth.
Don't get me wrong, the songs are great, the production is awful, and it does not get into top gear. If you excuse the pun, the whole album needs remastered, it needs a "Baptism Of Fire", and not the candy floss version we have here. Sorry Chris, it just ain't mustard !!!
Now that it's a few months on I have changed my opiniom, and dropped this to 3 stars, and that is being generous to say the least!! I used to listen to daughtry for months after a release, but this I stopped listening to after a week. It's just that poor, every track is unforgetable. Or should I say forgotten,. Even at this price its still too expensive.
on 31 January 2014
A friend sent me a link for Waiting for Superman, I liked it, you tubed Daughtry because I didn't know who he was.
Now I'm hooked. This CD is excellent. I now have 2 further CDs which I've purchased from his back catalogue.
You won't be disappointed . I've even tried to get his concert tickets but there all sold out for Glasgow.
on 5 March 2014
im a big Daughtry fan and I have been looking forward to this new album and seeing their gig later in March.

The album I have listened to quite a few times now, to be honest its not as good as their previous blasts as im more the heavy rock chick fan than this more commercial market offering.

there are some real toe tappers on the album and a few tracks like 'baptised' and 'long live rock n roll' are great to sing along to in the car, but im missing the gritty songs that i liked them for in the beginning, one of the songs sounds very katy perry like and if westlife were still around you could see them doing their versions on many of these tracks.

all in all, get it if your a fan and decide yourself, im glad i have it as it will please alot of my friends in my car who dont like the rock stuff... but when im in the car on my own it will be my last choice of their albums to play.

i just hope the gig wont be all this album!!
on 9 January 2015
I'm sure that in the right hands this batch of songs would make another excellent Daughtry album. However the production & arrangement of these tracks is sterile at best.
Where previously I've put Daughtry up there with the likes of Nickelback, at best this album reminds me of Matchbox 20 & at worst Katy Perry.
Is there an electric guitar on this album because all I hear is programming & when I dig deeper into the credits & see the players on each track, the actual Daughtry band members are barely listed. It's not surprising his two guitarists get no credits & I assume they went on vacation while this album was being made.
Let's hope this was something he had to get out of his system & not record label pressure forcing him to go down this route.
For what it's worth my personal faves are Baptized, I'll fight, Broken arrow & Traitor
on 29 November 2013
I suspect this album might divide opinion a bit. Those who like Daughtry's harder edge tunes won't find too much of it here - other than Traitor. The general trend is to a softer sound, but without losing the essence of Daughtry.

Like past albums, there are a few stand-out tracks on the first play. Waiting for Superman didn't achieve the commercial success it deserved, but I think that Broken Arrows is the best song here. If it finds its way onto a TV show in the right scene (think Grey's Anatomy and Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars) the song could be massive!

Several months on from my original review, I've marked this down to three stars. I just don't listen to this album anywhere near as often as the first three. Chris, bring back the guitars, the edge and the growl. Change the production and trust your instincts - some lyrics are a bit cheesy.