5.0 out of 5 stars Daughtry go pop! And I absolutely love it.
Published 17 months ago by G. Nisbet

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment
Daughtry have been one of my favourite bands of the last few years. Up there with the likes of Goo Goo Dolls, Lifehouse & Vertical Horizon for their catchy guitar based sound.
Published 14 months ago by David Neale

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughtry go pop! And I absolutely love it., 9 Dec. 2013
G. Nisbet (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
I have to confess - I was never a HUGE fan of Daughtry. I thought their first album was ok, preferred Leave This Town but then, kaboom, I absolutely ADORED Break The Spell. It was the best album I'd bought in years. Songs like Everything But Me, Spaceship, Rescue Me, Gone Too Soon etc had me wondering how they could possibly top it. I suppose you could say I preferred the more mellow side of the band. Songs like Renegade and You Don't Belong, with their thumping riffs and reverbed vocals, never appealed much to me. So I guess an album like Baptized was always the one I was hoping for. Fans of the rockier side of Daughtry will doubtless be disappointed but how long can a man sing hard rock songs before he needs to chill a little?

So the hard rockers may hate it but for melodic rock lovers this album is musical heaven. It's utterly fantastic and I can't stop listening to it. From the meaty tempo of Baptized to the cool rock of Waiting For Superman the album never misses a beat. Just over half way comes the majestic two piece of The World We Knew and High Above The Ground, the latter aptly named as the song simply soars. The quality doesn't end there though with Broken Arrows, Witness, the snarling Traitor and the atmospheric 18 Years all piling more tasty goodness on an already scrumptious pudding.

I'm sure Daughtry will bring back the rock on their next album but for now I'm going to enjoy this musical diversion. Sure, it's definitely pop oriented but it's still Daughtry at the end of the day. If you like Waiting For Superman then it's indicative of the album. The wonderful melodies and vocals endure on Baptized - just expect a softer album than before. You might just love it. I certainly do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, but love it!, 21 Nov. 2013
We all know it was a massive risk from the band to do a softer type of music for this album but personally I feel this album is still as good as the others in it's own way. Obviously not everybody will love this album because of the change but songs like 'Broken Arrows', 'Battleships', and 'Traitor' show the diversity of the band which is one of the many reasons they are so awesome!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it !!, 15 Dec. 2013
This is the further album by Daughtry and it does not disappoint. Previous three were all superb, full of catchy choruses, and Baptized is just the same. Slighty different feel to some of the tracks than previous albums, almost a touch of folk or country on some tracks, but they still work. Standout tracks are Baptized, Battleships, Waiting for Superman and the incredibly catchy and name checking Long Live Rock and Roll. Buy the deluxe version as you can't get enough Daughtry

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Baptized (Deluxe Version) (MP3 Download)
I love daughtry and think this is their best yet.To me, easily the best act from American idol.
All songs get into your brain from the first listen and get better withm each play

5.0 out of 5 stars New to me, 31 Jan. 2014
A friend sent me a link for Waiting for Superman, I liked it, you tubed Daughtry because I didn't know who he was.
Now I'm hooked. This CD is excellent. I now have 2 further CDs which I've purchased from his back catalogue.
You won't be disappointed . I've even tried to get his concert tickets but there all sold out for Glasgow.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 7 Mar. 2014
Was looking forward to this album. What a let down. Gone are the guitars, replaced by synth sound. After listening to a few tracks I just hoped it would get better. It got worse. If you like Enrique Iglesias then this is the album for you – it sounds just like him. I just hope this is a one-off & the true Daughtry sound returns.

3.0 out of 5 stars WOT' NO GUITARS ???, 9 Jan. 2015
I'm sure that in the right hands this batch of songs would make another excellent Daughtry album. However the production & arrangement of these tracks is sterile at best.
Where previously I've put Daughtry up there with the likes of Nickelback, at best this album reminds me of Matchbox 20 & at worst Katy Perry.
Is there an electric guitar on this album because all I hear is programming & when I dig deeper into the credits & see the players on each track, the actual Daughtry band members are barely listed. It's not surprising his two guitarists get no credits & I assume they went on vacation while this album was being made.
Let's hope this was something he had to get out of his system & not record label pressure forcing him to go down this route.
For what it's worth my personal faves are Baptized, I'll fight, Broken arrow & Traitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Of The Best, 15 Jan. 2014
I like bands such as, Sum41, Simple Plan, and Shinedown, actually listening to Shinedown is how I got introduced to Daughtry back in 2008 and my word I have not been disappointed. Usually on some artists you don't get the feel of listening to the whole album because some of the songs aren't as great as the others. However with Daughtry you will not be disappointed, all of the songs are just simply awesome. It's the one band I want to make music till there in their 80's simply because their albums just get better and better, what makes it better, most of the songs I can drum to as I am an avid drum player.
Daughtry truly do not disappoint!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual winner......., 3 Jan. 2015
Chris g (Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baptized (MP3 Download)
Not the usual every tracks a winner stuff from Daughtry....

But after a few plays it's growing on me, especially the catchy Baptised, Waiting for Superman.
And try get Battleships out of your head after a few listens!!!!

The rest unfortunately just never hit the highs....(Except the world we knew) Don't get me wrong, the usual well produced, great lyrics & musicianship is still there just in a softer/poppier form...
But as it only paid £3.49 in a download am not going to complain too much!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 17 Jun. 2014
a good follow up Daughtry sound through and through you can see they have a little of Nickelback influence but that is not a bad thing

and when they played it live at Birmingham ......... a great band to see live