Greatest Hits
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£3.99

on 26 November 2013
This collection easily can be called "The Soundtrack of my life".
For me, Dido has been the most touching singer/songwritter since her debut album, No Angel.
I remember listening to Here With Me for the first time in my living room and then I realised that I was blown away by that powerful chorus. It was love at first sight.
Then I became a fan and began to feel connected in someway with her lyrics. Hunter, Don't Think of Me... My Lover's Gone reached #1 in Brazil cos it was featured in a soup opera as the love theme of a too complicated couple.

No Angel was in the top of charts yet and Life For Rent was released. What can I say about this album? It's a mix of everything. White Flag is one of the most sincere and powerful ballads that I've ever listened and it didn't need any over singing on it. It was how it should've been and it's perfect. A classic that will be remembered through ages. Life For Rent is a song that reminds me how life can be tricky and how we have to learn to live by our back-up plans and even like that trying to find beauty on them. Don't Leave Home has a music video so amazing that I can't believe that someone on Earth have never seen it yet. It's a song full of meanings, Dido can tell you more about it. You gonna be amazed by the true meaning of the song and change your mind about using it in your wedding. Sand In My Shoes is a perfect pop/dance song to hear in a sunny morning while you're driving to anywhere. There are another highlights in this album, See The Sun is one of them.

Safe Trip home came after a long gap between it and its previous album, but I think it was the most anticipating album from hers. Since 2008 I could've listen to it everyday and I wouldn't be tired of it. The album is about loss, love and not being with someone you truly love. It's about the death of her father and it has so many layers that if I listen to it carefully nowadays I will figure out something new. It took some spins for me to get caught by Dont Believe in Love single, I must confess, but when I heard Quiet Times and Grafton Street I was able to feel all that emptiness about losing someone and can do nothing about it, just sit beside him and wait for that miserable fate. I was going through something similar and I tried to show my parents how someone could've done something so beautiful with a devastating sadness. Safe Trip Home is her masterpiece and just some sensitive people around the world gave it the attention that it deserves.

Girl Who Got Away is a blast. As her biography says: The modern Dido meets the timeless Dido. I think it's her lighter album. I love it, more lyrically than anything else. Songs like No Freedom (I define it as the anthem of my life. I was thinking about having a tattoo with the chorus, but then a friend did that so I changed my mind...) Girl Who Got Away, Let Us Move On, Blackbird, Sitting, Loveless Hearts, Day Before We Went To War... All of them are incredible. In this album I just miss the mix of guitars, piano, violins with her eletronic extravaganza. Can you imagine Blackbird or End Of Night with some guitars or classical pianos in it?

And now she put all together in this Greatest Hits album... It's just the icing on the cake. I love the way she manage her carrer and I'm very grateful for everything she has done for me. (Her songs and even some meetings). And it will last forever. I will carry all these incredible songs as moments of my life and I'm truly hoping to keep all this emotions in the future when I listen to it. Thank you so much and I just have one wish: Keep doing your things and music, 'cos you have at least Stanley and I as loyal fans (and I know some people who feel the same too). :-)

(And sorry for my rubbish english).

love, xx
Alex
on 25 November 2013
***Track by Track****

Here with me - beautiful song and her first official uk single release,not much more to say about this song as everyone knows and loves this song,classic!!!

Thankyou - "my teas gone cold I'm wondering why,I got out of bed at all" ,Famous lyrics due mainly to the eminem world wide hit 'stan' ,however this song that eminem sampled takes those lyrics and brings a whole new meaning,another classic!!!

Hunter - This song was a uk top ten and dealt with the issue of dominance in a relationship in a whole new fresh way,love it!

White Flag - Epic song with Epic metaphors! Simply amazing!

Life for rent - inspiring song and a major hit about seizing the day and making your own decisions in life and taking control of your own destiny,didos song writing at her finest!

Don't leave home - A song which at first appears to be a love song however dido stated in her live show at brixton academy that the songs lyrics actually deal with drug dependency,this song is another example of her deep and sometimes complex style of writing,amazing and darkly beautiful.

Sand in my shoes - We all know that feeling of coming home after an amazing holiday/break away,this lighter song takes all those feelings and puts them to music.

Don't believe in love - The lead single from her 3rd album,this was the single that kicked off a new and more experimental string of singles for dido,less commercial but no one is saying that's a bad thing :) !

Quiet times - Soothing and folksy,can almost imagine dido sat by a log fire with her acoustic guitar delivering the vocals for this song,gorgeous lyrics/production.

Grafton street - Apparently recorded in a broom cupboard this song although at first appears to be a laid back and calming track,then after a few listens also has darker undertones to it. strangely beautiful and simple.

Everything to lose - Atmospheric and almost a mid-tempo trance track (if that's even possible) ,dido and rollo's production and lyrics go hand and hand on this,understated and amazing!

Let us move on - The first single from her fourth album,this simple yet dark mid tempo song is not instant but after a few listens is grittier/darker dido.

No Freedom - For me this is one of two tracks that don't grab me on this collection,maybe a grower but hasn't hit me thus far.

End of the night - The second song of the collection I'm not too impressed with.

One step too far - Amazing!!!!! This top ten single was released to bridge the gap between her first and second album and was a hint that dido was more experimental than she first appeared,also production by rollo,sister bliss and a mini spoken rap by word-smith Maxi jazz.

Stan - Everybody knows this track unless you lived under a rock for the best part of the 00's.

If I Rise - simply gorgeous!! a collaboration that sees dido go all trippy and new age,love it!!!

NYC - Have yet to hear this song so cannot comment.

Overall this a collection that shows dido's body of work thus far in her career and after hearing her songs in order from her early beginnings to now it leaves the listener hoping their is more to come!! Love this album.
***Track by Track****

White Flag - Epic song with Epic metaphors! Simply amazing!

NYC - Have yet to hear this song so cannot comment.

Overall this a collection that shows dido's body of work thus far in her career and after hearing her songs in order from her early beginnings to now it leaves the listener hoping their is more to come!! The loss of a star is for only including one new song.
on 26 November 2013
Not a bad compilation, I definitely think it was about time she went for it! So we have a new track; NYC (which sounds unique to everything else she's ever done), we have her duet with Eminem on "Stan", which she hasn't released with any of her previous albums, there's 3 tracks from "No Angel", 4 from "Life for Rent", 3 from "Safe Trip Home" and 3 from "Girl Who Got Away". Then there's some not so well known material thrown in there as well such as; "If I Rise" from the film "127 Hours", which is worth a look in by the way, if you like your true disaster stories! Also there's the "Everything to Lose" track recorded for the "Sex and the City" film (personally, I prefer the 5 remixes release, which is also available to download from Amazon). One track that could have been here but isn't; "Feels like Fire", which appears on Santana's album "Shaman" (a very worthwhile track to check out on YouTube because undoubtedly, it's not a very well known track, unless you follow Santana of course). As for the remix disc, what can I say? If you're new to Dido's music, you might not care for it so much, but if you already have all her albums, then it's definitely worth the extra bit of money spent. I must say though the remix for "End of Night" is not the best one released!, there is one by Vince Clark which is a little cracker!
on 9 May 2014
This Greatest Hits Album has been long over due.
I purchased this for part of my Fiancé's Christmas presents last year as he is a HUGE fan of Dido's.
My favourite song on the album is White Flag (might have something to do with the fact that David Boreanaz is in the video for it).
on 23 December 2013
AS I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THE OTHER DIDO ALBUMS,I WAS REALLY ONLY INTERESTED IN THE REMIXES ON THE SECOND DISC.
I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. HER SONGS ARE OPEN TO BE REMIXED AND SOUND GOOD FOR IT.
on 7 February 2014
Yes, it's Dido. If you are into her music then it is great, if you are not, then it's not for you. It's good to have her stand out tracks on one CD - including the Eminem sample on 'Stan'.....
on 23 February 2014
always found Dido to have a great voice and this album is just a great treat to sit back and relax to. plus the mp3 format is great for the phone to de-stress after a hard day in the office
on 28 December 2013
Came very quickly, and well-packaged. Scratch on front of cd case so not quite 5 stars, but cd itself is pristine. Very impressed with the level of service.
on 28 February 2014
Love Dido and greatest hits does not disappoint great would recommend has all the best songs on the album it's very rare you don't need to skip any songs.